Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
I disagree with two things: I don't think I should be fair game if I have a bounty on me (EDIT: Ah ok, just saw your specification of being a crew-only server). I never claimed a bounty from a crew member. Instead I hang around them and try and help steer enemies away. And I don't think there's a purpose of having crew only servers unless we're doing something very particular, like those Cargobob things, etc. If it's random free-roaming then it's a lot fun to be able to gang up on other players, etc. Two guys alone are enough for almost any threat that can come from other players, as most of the times people are hanging alone. I understand people enjoying playing alone when not doing much, etc, but as soon as there's more than two of us in the same server than no one will bother you/us, and they'll regret it if they do it.

Fair enough - was going to comment about crew only servers but just saw your edit!!

Oh - and completely agree on your last pint Arruda - am happy to be killed in an accident or a funny way...but not just shot for no reason.

There were some times yesterday that I got shot down by Damien when we were both in buzzards - but that was purely because we were trying to take down all the police choppers around us. Have no issue with those deaths!

Also during one of the missions, Damien (am sensing a pattern here...:smirk:) ran me over as I was stupidly trying to climb into the back of his van. Again - those things don't annoy me in the slightest as they are accidental or caused by the activities you are doing.

Buzzards are annoying at times because of the way it just locks on anything.

As for the van :lol: I thought I saw you there, but then I looked at the radar and couldn't see anyone so thought it was safe to move.

I had a bounty on me while in the crew server and tried to escape from swoosh and Issy but in the end got caught. For some reason I kept going in the water - just didn't have my vehicle anywhere near me.

I took a boat from the marina (Marquis, slow as feck) and Issy and swoosh came to me on their buzzes. Went in water and drowned myself to get to shore to try and escape again.

In the end swoosh killed me by shooting at the amm-u-nation I was in. My plan was to go in there and get gun out, but once in there it wouldn't let me take my gun out so was heading towards exit to get gun out, go back in and kill the person behind the counter, but got hit by the missile blast instead.

Buzzards are annoying at times because of the way it just locks on anything.

As for the van :lol: I thought I saw you there, but then I looked at the radar and couldn't see anyone so thought it was safe to move.

I had a bounty on me while in the crew server and tried to escape from swoosh and Issy but in the end got caught. For some reason I kept going in the water - just didn't have my vehicle anywhere near me.

I took a boat from the marina (Marquis, slow as feck) and Issy and swoosh came to me on their buzzes. Went in water and drowned myself to get to shore to try and escape again.

:lol: The van death was unintentional...but extremely brutal!! You reversed back as I was trying to climb into the back - no idea why I was trying that!!. That was enough to knock me over...then the van reversed over me. Then stopped (with me trapped underneath) for just long enough to think that I might survive. Then pulled forward which pretty much finished me off!!

Of course the buzzards wouldn't lock onto your boat...so was randomly firing missiles at you! Saw you reappear on shore and then gave chase when you got in a car, but its crazy tough to hit anything with the guns or missiles when there's no lock on - especially as you're trying to follow a sports car through the city streets!!

Was good fun though!

Was an Infernus that I happened across, which is why I could not understand why it didn't work, as I followed the guide to a tee.
I don't think it works with Premium vehicles. Buzzards and other military equipment stolen aren't classified as Premium vehicles.

I don't think it works with Premium vehicles. Buzzards and other military equipment stolen aren't classified as Premium vehicles.

Maybe that was it then. Bollocks. Will defo have to try and get a Buzzard in at some stage, hopefully I get a chance in the next few weeks before that loophole is closed.

Thought the limit that Los Santos Customs would pay for cars is $50k? Put my Eleghy in the other day and it would of let me sell it for $151k :lol:

Thought the limit that Los Santos Customs would pay for cars is $50k? Put my Eleghy in the other day and it would of let me sell it for $151k :lol:
Lucky glitch, I'd guess. I tried getting rid of my Bullet but cannot. It should allow you to sell cars you buy at a discount.

I'm also a bit sorry for having spent so much money on my Carbo. It handles like shit. Its stats are better but on most racing conditions I think a fully modded Elegy or Feltzer are better.

Do wheels make any difference? I think my main gripe with the Carbo is the grip. Even braking on a straight line it starts to skid and it's hellish to make a turn fast after braking without the wheels spinning.

Lucky glitch, I'd guess. I tried getting rid of my Bullet but cannot. It should allow you to sell cars you buy at a discount.

I'm also a bit sorry for having spent so much money on my Carbo. It handles like shit. Its stats are better but on most racing conditions I think a fully modded Elegy or Feltzer are better.

Do wheels make any difference? I think my main gripe with the Carbo is the grip. Even braking on a straight line it starts to skid and it's hellish to make a turn fast after braking without the wheels spinning.

Quite like the carbo's handling really, the Eleghy to me is a bit nose heavy so you end up sliding into walls and that if not careful. Took the chrome paint off mine though as was getting sick of seeing it!

Best decision you ever made in this game (getting rid of Chrome).

:mad: why didn't I think to sell mine :( I just bloody replaced it.

Well I returned today to find my character had gone from level 56 to 1 for no apparent reason.
I was spawning inside my apartment and able to get into my cars but when I left the building I was unable to come back, it's like they game forget I purchaser hat property.
Still had whatever cash I had last time I was on.
Checked my stats and they still show us as someone being level 56
Social club stats however have reset.

feckin raging is not the word for it. Seems as though my apartment and garage are back to being mine. Cloud servers may have copped the feck on. Doubt il be getting that character back.

I was on at around 7pm today and i had my apartment back aswel as my cash and cars but my character was still low level. He's up to about 8-9 now. I doubt the previous one will return. It's just very strange. My character had no weapons bar a handgun yet when I went to ammunition all the previous weapons I had were unlocked but had to be bought again.

On the cbob front I didn't want to say but when I was in the army base with two of you guys (Levo and issy maybe?) I saw one taking off. Tried to snipe the pilot but missed. I then chased it in my chopper and he just flew out over the ocean.

Means it does still spawn. I have found whenever I go to any of the normal places all I get are titans and froggers though, and I'm about lvl35.

I have been trying to store a buzzard but keep failing. Do you genuinely need the door blown off though or just leave it open when your char gets out? If it's just to do with how quickly you can get in (which I assume is the case) then having the door left open should be equally effective.
I've done a few decent cars - police emergency van, riot can and sheriff SUV (which it just let me drive straight in like a or so vehicle...) and did a fire engine but may ditch that. Need to sort out insuring them all next.

On the cbob front I didn't want to say but when I was in the army base with two of you guys (Levo and issy maybe?) I saw one taking off. Tried to snipe the pilot but missed. I then chased it in my chopper and he just flew out over the ocean.

Means it does still spawn. I have found whenever I go to any of the normal places all I get are titans and froggers though, and I'm about lvl35.

I have been trying to store a buzzard but keep failing. Do you genuinely need the door blown off though or just leave it open when your char gets out? If it's just to do with how quickly you can get in (which I assume is the case) then having the door left open should be equally effective.
I've done a few decent cars - police emergency van, riot can and sheriff SUV (which it just let me drive straight in like a or so vehicle...) and did a fire engine but may ditch that. Need to sort out insuring them all next.
It will be easier if you have the door taken off, it's not exactly hard to do just drive a bike into it, takes all of 5 seconds.

The hard part is positioning the chopper correctly, took me about an hour to do in total.

It will be easier if you have the door taken off, it's not exactly hard to do just drive a bike into it, takes all of 5 seconds.

The hard part is positioning the chopper correctly, took me about an hour to do in total.

I saw one tutorial where they landed their buzzard at the 45 degree angle, then used another car to nudge it closer to the garage door. Thought this might be a better approach?

I managed to land it in the right place pretty quickly - not sure if I just got lucky!!

By the time you all feck around with putting the chopper in your garages, surely it's just as easy to fly south to the airport?. Takes literally 2 minutes to drive there in a decent car, and there is always 2 spawned waiting.

By the time you all feck around with putting the chopper in your garages, surely it's just as easy to fly south to the airport?. Takes literally 2 minutes to drive there in a decent car, and there is always 2 spawned waiting.

The advantage is that once in your garage and insured, your mechanic can deliver it direct to you just like any of your cars.

In saying that, my mechanic seems to have gone full-retard recently with where he leaves cars for me...

Also if you make the buzz your PV before starting a mission, it spawns next to you at the start of the mission.

And you get a new one for free if some knob jockey shoots you down for "fun".

I'm now a commissioner thanks to Big-Red and have taken the Xbox side of things. (Easiest job ever)

If you've requested an invite and have an Xbox then PM me your social club name and I'll get it sorted.

Viva la Xbox!

We (ps3) should all get in a CCL and try to take over the army base. We'll fail but it could be fun.