Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it's going to be difficult to get on to for the first few days.

They've massively underestimated the demand it would receive.

I think it's going to be difficult to get on to for the first few days.

They've massively underestimated the demand it would receive.

Didn't they make something like $800 million in sales on it's first day. They had two weeks to get their shit together.

Didn't they make something like $800 million in sales on it's first day. They had two weeks to get their shit together.

Read a report on BBC about it. They didn't expect the demand for the game and have frantically buying up servers to try and service the demand. It's their largest ever online attempt and they've overestimated it.

I was stuck on the waiting for the first race screen for 3 minutes or so in game, so I just shut it off. Will probably be okay by the weekend when I can really start playing it anyways.

I'm giving it a go now...looks more promising than it did earlier...nope, timed out. Well at least I didn't have to make my character again!

2nd attempt ended in the same result...come back to Michael in traffic as some loon is stopped on the freeway in a truck carrying logs haha

Attempt numero three...

Oh yeah baby...intro :) took a while though!

This is very cool! Hope you're all having similar success!

...and now it's looking for someone to race. Has been "launching session" for a few mins now...think I may have to go once again...getting there.

And now I'm back to nothing at all. Ok well offline for me for an hour I suppose.

...and now it's looking for someone to race. Has been "launching session" for a few mins now...think I may have to go once again...getting there.

And now I'm back to nothing at all. Ok well offline for me for an hour I suppose.

Exact same as me so.

Still can't get into first race. I do like the emblem on the shirt though. Made a new character with red shirt, but not sure if it saved as PS3 crashed when it failed to load job/activity (i.e. the race).

Just turned PS3 back on and my character has been lost. Argh. Will leave GTA Online for tonight and try again tomorrow but doubt it'll improve.

fecking hell, i hit that many stores my star rating was increasing after each one. Had 4 stars on my last one, SWAT team fecked me up :lol:

When do Americans go to bed, 4am UK time? Might try then

Right I'm on the intro again after selecting my guy from the character wheel...lets see how this time goes!

Launching session again...

So close, no marker turned up though

I wanna have a look after reading a few recent posts, but I know I'll end up not sleeping and I have work tomorrow.... ffs.

Don't even know why I'm trying now, it's obviously not going to be functional for what's likely to hit a week or two.

Shame though because it's essentially marketed as a separate game, so you'd have thought Rockstar could've had it ready knowing approximately how many units were actually sold. But it is a bit of a 'first-world problem' I suppose. We'll survive.

Does I include RCAF after my name...haha and the emblem on my shirt!

Saint no, saying the emblem is locked :/

Just robbed a store with some other guy, luckily he split the cash at the end.

All seems very well structured even at this early stage.

So have people been able to get on this now?

So have people been able to get on this now?
Myself and a few others it seems. There's no magic reason but I found that setting up your character and then going via the character select wheel in offline mode (your character can be selected by selecting down) seems to work better.

It almost seemed that by playing the normal gameplay, I had allowed online to prepare itself and by time I chose my character, it was pretty seamless.

A good thing to note it that once on there it runs perfectly- no lag, no drop in graphics. Once all these teething problems are sorted R* will have a monster on their hands!