Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
My goal now is to get a fully modded car for each race category. Racing is obviously the big money maker and most random races are with custom vehicles. Already got a bike, super and sport.

Am tempted to stick with my Elegy too.

Not sure I can be arsed with the higher insurance of the super cars - the Elegy only costs 1k to replace.

Will probably look to get a 4 seater, and an off road vehicle for my garage.

Vacca only costs me 3k insurance, can't remember what it is on my Carbinozzare.

Insurance rarely bothers me. Other people pay for it when they destroy it (nice deterrent) and I'm just generally careful with it. 10k is what you win in a race, must have totalled my Entity about 10 times, which is nothing compared with the money I've earned in that scope of time.

2 things.

1) TDon is a man of exceptional patience.

2) How is it that every single race I'm being left for dead at the start line regardless of which vehicle I'm in. Is there some secret to starting the races that I don't know?

Accelerate on the word go, not before. Gives you a turbo boost.

Yeah, I tried that and holding the revs during the count down. Maybe I need to work on my timing.

Not that it matters cos I can't avoid crashing anyway.

Yeah, I tried that and holding the revs during the count down. Maybe I need to work on my timing.

I'm the same, activated the boost once and spent the time since trying to figure out how the balls I did it.

I was revving my engine before the word go when it happened, tried a mixture of things with no luck. It can't be my timing as I'm a musician and have 9 years of drumming to back me. Are we supposed to slam down on the trigger when "go" hits, hit it lightly or go from light revving to full acceleration?

Don't hold the rev's, wait for the word go an punch it.

Bunch of noobs.

Point is don't accelerate as soon as you see "Go", but rather half a second or so after it shows. Practice the countdown on your head.

Yeah, timing can be too good, I added a delay and now get them 100% of time.

As it goes
3----2----1----Go
in your head should go
1----2----3----4--4.5--5

Accelerate on 4.5

As it goes
3----2----1----Go
in your head should go
1----2----3----4--4.5--5

Accelerate on 4.5

Thanks for saying bye!

As it goes
3----2----1----Go
in your head should go
1----2----3----4--4.5--5

Accelerate on 4.5
In between 4 and 5, gotcha. I was pressing on 4 with that example. I get to count half beats now which makes the drummer boy in me so very, very happy. I'll let you know how right you were. :)

Edit: confusing for anyone who struggles with rhythm though.

To clarify for them, hit the accelerator on the bolded.

3 and
2 and
1 and
go AND
gone.

I still haven't got survival on my map. I never do any of the missions when the characters call me so that must be why. I'll have to figure out how to unlock them.

I don't know why Toma but I have an inkling you like drums and have an Xbox 360. Interesting.

2 things.

1) TDon is a man of exceptional patience.

2) How is it that every single race I'm being left for dead at the start line regardless of which vehicle I'm in. Is there some secret to starting the races that I don't know?

:lol: The flying skill is a hard one to master. If your character's flying skill is low, it makes it really hard to control a heli. Sake, I'm lvl 75, constantly flying and my flying skill is only 60.

I don't know why Toma but I have an inkling you like drums and have an Xbox 360. Interesting.
I can deduce that you, like Solius, have eyes. Congrats on that.

Piss off with that, there's an obvious reason why I'm asking specifically about Xbox. This thread might as well be the PS3 crew thread so curb it.

:lol: The flying skill is a hard one to master. If your character's flying skill is low, it makes it really hard to control a heli. Sake, I'm lvl 75, constantly flying and my flying skill is only 60.
Go to the airport and get a stunt/small plane. Run up and down the runway taking off and landing. It'll boost a lot quicker. :)

The flying generally isn't too much of a problem. I'm just a retard at times and press triangle for no good reason while in the air. I've done it about 4 times now. The second death was unreal. I'd literally taken off so had no speed and tapped a pole on the way up and it blew up. I then watched you trying to kill yourself by crash landing and you fecking bounced. :mad:

I need to spend more time in the air though.

The flying generally isn't too much of a problem. I'm just a retard at times and press triangle for no good reason while in the air. I've done it about 4 times now. The second death was unreal. I'd literally taken off so had no speed and tapped a pole on the way up and it blew up. I then watched you trying to kill yourself by crash landing and you fecking bounced. :mad:

I need to spend more time in the air though.

oh feck that for a laugh. There was about 5 people in the army base yesterday and I went in chasing someone. There were tanks trying to blow the shit out of me and I ended up leaving with the jet. Like an idior I pressed triangle by accident as soon as I left the base :(

Parachutes are not unlocked until after rank 10 I believe, so maybe that's why.

I have a parachute, but when you are in a mission that needs the heli/plane and you bomb out of it you still end up having to commit suicide anyway.
Gotcha, bailing out during a mission is really unlucky if accidental. No point in parachuting if you have to restart the mission anyway.

Can someone explain how the bad sport works exactly, are you always in there temporarily?

The reason I ask is because I'm going to buy a tank next and whilst I won't actively set out to cause trouble with it, if I run into cnuts who blow up my car, then I plan on getting revenge by offering them hell.

Can someone explain how the bad sport works exactly, are you always in there temporarily?

The reason I ask is because I'm going to buy a tank next and whilst I won't actively set out to cause trouble with it, if I run into cnuts who blow up my car, then I plan on getting revenge by offering them hell.
It's temporary but I think the length is increased each time. Don't know which limit it is though. It must have one or it would tend to infinity.