Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
How do you build your strength? Fist fights? Tennis? Golf?

Do you not have your strength up? There's a way you can build it up to 100% in like 15 minutes but you need 2 of you.

Basically 1 person sits in a car, whilst the other keeps kicking It. And then the other person gets in the car to let the other one kick it.

Moral high ground over some DTD :lol: fecking hell!

On another, slightly less embarrassing topic, is anyone finding that there's not actually that much to do online? I mean yeah you can do the missions or whatever but if you're with randomers someone invariably messes it up. What's your favourite thing to do online?

Do you not have your strength up? There's a way you can build it up to 100% in like 15 minutes but you need 2 of you.

Basically 1 person sits in a car, whilst the other keeps kicking It. And then the other person gets in the car to let the other one kick it.
Ah ok. I don't have, no, am not too bothered, was just curious if sports had any effect like in the story mode, since I like to play golf and tennis.

Moral high ground over some DTD :lol: fecking hell!

On another, slightly less embarrassing topic, is anyone finding that there's not actually that much to do online? I mean yeah you can do the missions or whatever but if you're with randomers someone invariably messes it up. What's your favourite thing to do online?
I think with some luck you can find a good group do a lot of stuff. It's hard to keep people together for jobs, but when you find a stable group they can stay for a long time. Yesterday I played about 20 successive jobs with a very stable group of people I didn't know. They were all much higher level than me and from two crews, but they had matchmaking on and I stayed with them. We did about 5 DM's, 10 races, and a few PvP missions. It was fun and they were polite enough. Whenever someone left they'd just auto-invite and wait for someone else to join so for most jobs we had 6-8 people.

Unfortunately PvP missions pay very little, DM's pay about as much as a race but take a lot longer, etc. From all that time with them I must have won about 50k (though I suck at deathmatches and didn't won a race at all). But like I said previously I think I have the essential stuff for now, it's time to slowly working on having a good car for every class (I think racing customs is a lot more fun and fortunately a lot of random hosts have custom on) and buy other luxury items, but I'm not rushing through it. My top priority is getting better at death matches because I think that's the most interesting game mode, and one that will eventually take over when most people have bought what they wanted and money becomes less of a goal.

Another fun thing: Playing with my alternate character, and have dumb lvls 20-30 trying to get one over me without realizing I am much more experienced than them at the game and am more dangerous with a bullpup shotgun at level 5 (from special edition) than they are at level 20 with a sub-machine gun.

When free-roaming my policy is generally I don't mess with anyone (apart from bounty-hunting of course). As long as someone doesn't approach me with a gun in their hand I stay cool. But knowing how the game is I usually have L1 held with Shotgun selected and as soon as they draw their weapon I get one over them unless they headshot me straight which is very rare. It's fun drawing second and winning. I also don't get bothered of delivering cars to Simeone. You're bound to end up with a bounty on your head and that always leads to some fun. These little things make the game very enjoyable from me, I think there's a lot of room for creativity here.

I'm getting my lung capacity up at the moment, the things I'll have left will be my strength (if someone would like to oblige) and my flying which I'm over 60% on now.

Only now noticed that if you create a female character Lamar is waiting for her with a rose in his hand :lol:

Only now noticed that if you create a female character Lamar is waiting for her with a rose in his hand :lol:

I want to create a female character just so I can take her to the strip club.

Shame you can't switch characters whilst staying in the same world.

Just had a lvl 40 dounce rifle my lvl 7 from the back after we did a job together. I managed to kill about 7 times in succession whilst being killed only 3 times with straight headshots from my .50 pistol against his rifle. Once I was running away in a Titan (which spawns at these levels) from Sandy Shores he picked an anhihilator to chase me but I managed to crash the Titan on top of him before he managed to take off :lol:

We should do a 10-people parachute jump of a Titan by the way, into some area were other players are mingling and go D-day style on them.

I think winning an air race in the Luxor jet may currently rank as my finest online moment!

The first race saw everyone in Mallards, but I thought that the course was fairly straightforward so went for the jet for the 2nd race.

A couple of the turns were touch and go, but was a win by some distance!!

Not applicable to every air race, but worked a treat for that one. Of course, if you missed one checkpoint then you would basically be out of the race as would be a bitch to try double back and go through!!

I'll be on shortly KK, if you're up to something. Just need to have breakfast.

Bounty Hunter award, got my Sword and Skull Tattoo, 25 victims!

0_0.jpg

Roasted meat from our survival the other day.

0_0.jpg

KanieKaned posing next to my Entity.

So yeah, my kid joined the crew. Little_Lizard_G.
If yous could bring him on some missions whenever he's on, to help him lvl up and whatever, that would be cool.

Was wondering who that was

Rank 100!

OSnE18a.png

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Key:
Me in cowboy hat
JMPadg/Pimpmofo in red hoodie
Issy next to him in monster mask (can't see that well due to lighting)
Don next to him in red blazer and jeans
Arruda on far right in fetching pair of red pants

Thanks lads for tonight.

Sorry about Friday lads, my connection was crap and then I got bounced a couple of times so I ended up doing story mode in the end. That was my actual first foray into GTA Online, too so I think I need to do a bit more before I can hang with the big boys.

Sorry about Friday lads, my connection was crap and then I got bounced a couple of times so I ended up doing story mode in the end. That was my actual first foray into GTA Online, too so I think I need to do a bit more before I can hang with the big boys.
The initiation is putting a cap up Tdon's backside.

After the tutorial you can hang with the big boys anytime. Racing (what we do half the time) you won't be at a disadvantage at all and in missions as long as you bring a bullet in your gun you should be useful. It will help you level faster if you do missions from higher ranked players.

And yeah, let's curb down on the killing each other, particularly without provocation! 1-on-1 DM's should be cool, but not out of the blue! The desire for further revenge and the snowball effect makes us lose a lot of time.

And yeah, let's curb down on the killing each other, particularly without provocation! 1-on-1 DM's should be cool, but not out of the blue! The desire for further revenge and the snowball effect makes us lose a lot of time.
To be fair, a lot of it was funny last night and largely down to not getting missions for 6.

Most likely a one off.

To be fair, a lot of it was funny last night and largely down to not getting missions for 6.

Most likely a one off.

I think if there's 5 or 6 in the session and there's only 4 man missions, the fairest thing to do would be to give the person(s) sitting out in a mission first dibs on the next mission. That way everyone gets their fair share.

good call that, as some people are much faster than others at responding via the chat option. Theres been times when someone would mention a mission and places are gone in literally 3 seconds.

I think if there's 5 or 6 in the session and there's only 4 man missions, the fairest thing to do would be to give the person(s) sitting out in a mission first dibs on the next mission. That way everyone gets their fair share.
I've got a shit load of lvl 20-30 4 man missions I need to get through. Only ever really do Martin missions as they pay out the most.

The initiation is putting a cap up Tdon's backside.

:lol: excellent.

After the tutorial you can hang with the big boys anytime. Racing (what we do half the time) you won't be at a disadvantage at all and in missions as long as you bring a bullet in your gun you should be useful. It will help you level faster if you do missions from higher ranked players.
Alright, cool. I'll look at ways I can boost my wifif signal...I'm about as far away from my router as can be and the top end of signal strength is 37-40%, but I think that's the PS3s fault as my tablet does fine anywhere.

Also, when younger ones are doing missions I have a .50 pistol, a bullpup shotgun and sawn-off shotgun for free, meaning I can drop them for players that don't have better weapons than those. I can then pick them up at ammu-nation for free without having to pay for them again. Granted you'll have them for limited time (don't know if a session or so) but during missions it may be useful, I think the .50 packs an accurate shot a half distance (good while you don't have a rifle or SMG yet) and the bullpup is better than any shotgun bar the assault which only unlocks at later levels.

And doing missions slowly and cautiously is sexy, I loved the Damo mission yesterday when we had to crack a safe in Merryweather offices and also enjoyed the last run on that thing when you have to land planes in the docks.

Also, when younger ones are doing missions I have a .50 pistol, a bullpup shotgun and sawn-off shotgun for free, meaning I can drop them for players that don't have better weapons than those. I can then pick them up at ammu-nation for free without having to pay for them again. Granted you'll have them for limited time (don't know if a session or so) but during missions it may be useful, I think the .50 packs an accurate shot a half distance (good while you don't have a rifle or SMG yet) and the bullpup is better than any shotgun bar the assault which only unlocks at later levels.

And doing missions slowly and cautiously is sexy, I loved the Damo mission yesterday when we had to crack a safe in Merryweather offices and also enjoyed the last run on that thing when you have to land planes in the docks.

Agree - much more fun doing it that way rather than people rushing through!

I would like to try that docks mission again. My buzzard was smoking and I thought about ditching it at the Sandy Shores airfield - but there were no other helicopters there. So I ended up on foot with 3 police choppers shooting at me! Needless to say I didn't last long after that.

I think on that mission we just need to be more coordinated about leaving the base. It's hard to figure out who has gone where - and you can't look at a map because you have the helicopters all around you.

Would make more sense if one cargobob goes south, one goes east, and then each of the other players goes in one of those directions. Would be up for flying the cargobob - so if anyone is online later this eve be good to look for that mission.

We planned the job, it's just that you and Damien both brought Buzzard (can't remember who would supposed to get Cargobob). I was with jet and caught flying between you two getting confused looking for which was Cargobob. Not only that, the presence of Issy's blip in the south was confusing me during flight as well. When Damo got the bob with his second life it was easy following him and keeping him clean.

Jet helps in that after Bobs are clear Jet can help Buzzard get clear much faster as well.

We planned the job, it's just that you and Damien both brought Buzzard (can't remember who would supposed to get Cargobob). I was with jet and caught flying between you two getting confused looking for which was Cargobob. Not only that, the presence of Issy's blip in the south was confusing me during flight as well. When Damo got the bob with his second life it was easy following him and keeping him clean.

Jet helps in that after Bobs are clear Jet can help Buzzard get clear much faster as well.

Ah...think that might have been me dropping Damien off next to a buzzard...:nervous:

So does it make sense to get 2 Bobs and 2 jets, or 2 Bobs and one buzzard and one jet?

If we do that one again, I promise to drop people at the right place...

Our boy Issy exploring. No Cargobobs involved.

0_0.jpg