Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm so used to DTD with us lot. Played with some randomers and when I got to the end in first place did a victory skid into the water only to find out it was two laps :lol: Still managed to finish in 2nd, mind.

:lol: I think I've done something like that as well!!

I'm thinking of getting the army SUV type vehicle next, either that or a tank when I can afford it.

Just made an amazing PvP mission, incredible fun. 3 teams busting a drug deal and running with a briefcase. We were just 3 random people so 1-man teams, it must have changed hands about 10 times loads of very aggressive NPC's spawn. Doesn't pay much (3k) but with 9 or 12 people it must be a rampage.

I definitely overdid it with the racing today but with everyone else with their super cars and army stuff I thought I better get stuck into some racing and catch up.

A fully modded entity is done. A rhino and a buzzard remain on the shopping list.

P.S...blowing up that randomer was the single greatest thing I've done on the DTD map.

I've requested an invite to join the crew, DudeMcStud.
All-right, a man to teach some weapons manners to the caftards. I die a little inside when I see people using rifles from cover at 3 yards from enemy.

Invite sent.

By the way, I accidently rejected an invite request for the crew from someone because it was on my menu in-game and I thought it was some randomner who had requested to join in game, so if any one else still have their requests pending please update us here.

Was just looking at my stats and thought it might be interesting to see each of our current stats (and maybe add your PSN ID to your post too)

swooshboy:

y6er.png

Some other stats:

Highest speed in a road vehicle
132.17 mph
Road vehicle driven fastest
Elegy RH8
Farthest wheelie
737.60 ft
Farthest driven without crashing
4.39 miles
Car crashes
Farthest vehicle jump
764.73 ft
Spent on weapons & armor
$366,214
Spent on vehicles & maintenance
$385,264
Player vs Player Kill / Death ratio
Distance traveled
1,288.10 miles
Shots
Hits
Accuracy
29.23%
Kills
Headshot kills
Buzzard Rocket kills

Oh, and...

Archenemy
Levo956
Times killed by Archenemy
Victim
Azorean81
Victim kills

:lol: I love how your arch enemy and victim are 2 crew members.

:lol: I love how your arch enemy and victim are 2 crew members.

:lol:

I don't play online too much outside of the Crew.

Would have guessed that Levo killed me more times than that though...

Would be cool if some of these were easier to track within the crew - highest speed, furthest jump etc.

Then you could screw around in free roam with the crew and try and beat them.

Not sure who was asking in game last night about flying ability (as in the level the game says you are) and how to raise it.

These are my flying stats:

Time flying helicopters
0d 3h 55m 8s
Distance traveled in helicopters
248.89 miles
Time flying planes
0d 0h 47m 38s
Distance traveled in planes
97.54 miles

I have done a couple of plane races, so am guessing it is just time in the air that helps build your flying ability stats.
I know that much is pretty obvious, but maybe seeing the actual amounts may help?

Yeah it was me, let me go see my flying stats. You've spent a lot of time flying helicopters then.

Just checked, my stats with flying is very similar to yours, about 30 minutes less in total so I don't get how I'm still only on the second bar and you're near the top.

Just checked, my stats with flying is very similar to yours, about 30 minutes less in total so I don't get how I'm still only on the second bar and you're near the top.

Think it is also influenced by how you created your character at the start of GTA Online.

I really like flying in GTA 5 so I adjusted my flying ability to higher than normal.

Or maybe the game just thinks I am better than you. :smirk:

Think it is also influenced by how you created your character at the start of GTA Online.

I really like flying in GTA 5 so I adjusted my flying ability to higher than normal.

Or maybe the game just thinks I am better than you. :smirk:

:lol: feck you.

From that video I gather that landing properly is more important than time spent flying, which makes sense. So if you tend to parachute out too often or just fly helicopters you might raise it slowly than someone who lands lots of planes.

Yeah I found that this morning and have been doing it. I think it has improved a bit quicker doing that, is that what you were doing?

No, I've only discovered that now. I have more than twice your flight time in planes though so that might be the reason I have it higher.

Yeah I found that this morning and have been doing it. I think it has improved a bit quicker doing that, is that what you were doing?

I have been screwing around landing planes - not like in the video though.

I've just been landing them on roads, the beach, bridges etc - just mucking around.

I can't be bothered to repeat things like in the video just to boost stats!

No, I've only discovered that now. I have more than twice your flight time in planes though so that might be the reason I have it higher.

Ah okay, well swoosh must Have been doing the landing thing without even realising it as he says he's been landing planes.

Dick measuring time amongst some selected crew members. Sorry for not including more, but it's limited to 6 and I chose the ones I spend most time playing with. My consultancy fee is free for the cafe, and I tried my best to consider the relative amount of time spent playing.

Career:
- Looking at player kills, TDon is by far the meanest of the bunch, followed probably by me. He has the lowest RP/time spent playing ratio which reflects the time he spends on free-roam hassling other players, and getting away with it. Damien is the nicest fellow, rarely kills other players and doesn't seem to defend himself too often (or too well) from aggression with a very low KtD ratio.
tot9.jpg

Skills:
- Nothing to see here. Shooting goes up naturally (faster with headshots), if you want to raise the others just check some of the many tutorials in youtube.
kcj7.jpg

General:
- Damien needs swimming lessons, he drowns too much. He's also the crew's master photographer and seems to spend too little time in cover. It's the key to staying alive in combat Damo! I'm also afraid of losing TDon to some sort of venereal disease.

p84o.jpg

Crime:
- Genius Me loves messing with the police, he's killed more officers than anyone else. Shame that he runs like a pussy when NOOSE comes sniffing around. Unsurprisngly, Don has police chasing him most of the time. Damien has spent 30m on 5 stars which is insanely high compared to us others. Don is the best drive by shooter, kudos to him. I prefer using my car as weapon.
idbf.png

Vehicles:
- Not much of interest here, other than the fact that I'm the only one who has ever done a stoppie. And I'm chasing your wheelie record Don!

65fj.png

Money:
- I'm the poorest of the higher levelled, by far. Most money spent is in vehicles and I have about remarkably little there. I guess it reflects my lack of patience for grinding.

gbfq.png

Combat:
- More interesting stuff. Our Accuracy stats are all around the 30% range except for Makki who's in the 25% range, which I thought rather surprising, as he's a very effective player, I guess he just likes to spray ammo, and he can very well afford it. I'm the best headshot taker, perhaps personal preference, or experience playing GTA as aiming has been the same since SA and I've always been kind of a perfectionist at hitting those. Saves ammo, but it makes little difference in terms of mission effectiveness imo, as the quicker kill is offset by the longer aiming time. More a matter of personal preference in missions and the like, but it's a definite edge in PVP, as a first shot kill prevents your prey from returning to cover, running away, or killing you themselves.
hebw.png

- Weapons
I've noticed yesterday during a survival mission that you people seem to hate shotguns. I don't understand it. The Assault Shotgun is probably the best weapon in the game. Quite a few complain in forums that it's overpowered. A 32-round (with extended clip) AUTOMATIC and powerful shotgun, with a range that rivals the pump shotgun and damage that rivals the sawed off shotgun. A good dominion over this weapon can save your life when you are surprised by 4 bad guys in a mission coming out of car and you're out of cover. Aim, hold R2, quickly flick the right stick and you'll mow them down before they've drawn their weapons. It really works. Don't worry if you don't see the blue XP bubble immediately, they'll bleed out and die quickly. Practice quickly switching weapons mid battle. I think most weapons are personal preference really, but the Assault Shotgun is in a class of it's own in terms of usefulness at close range - and good enough to buy you time in mid-range as well as you run to cover and switch to a mid-range weapon. A rifle is not as effective at close range unless you're facing just one enemy. I use the shotgun as my default weapon as well when I'm in unknown areas that are likely to spawn enemies very near. As a small bonus, you'll also obviously save some money in ammo by using this weapon in the right circumstances.

Only Don seems to favour the MG over the higher rifles like me. I think it's a more destructive weapon. I use the rifle for clean headshots from distance as it's more accurate, but the amazing ammo capacity and damage of the MG make it my preferred choice for intense mid-range battles.

qo67.png

Loving that comparison, Arruda. I'll comment on it properly in a bit, but for the five stars, it's that high as I've been in the tank when it happens. Before I got the tank, I had never got five stars previously.

Nice work!!

I think the lesson here is that I need to spend more time playing!!

Agree with you about the Assault Shotgun - easily one of the best weapons in the game. Always use that for close in work and switch to the Carbine for longer range.

This may be sad, but I find it really interesting looking through those stats - you definitely pick up on how other people play the game!

Nice work!!

Agree with you about the Assault Shotgun - easily one of the best weapons in the game. Always use that for close in work and switch to the Carbine for longer range.

This may be sad, but I find it really interesting looking through those stats - you definitely pick up on how other people play the game!

I'll teach you lads all about the beauty that is the assault shotgun.

When I can help it, I try not to kill other people. Quite a lot of my deaths are from crew members, with muffy killing me about nine times in total (though it says he's only killed me six times in the archenemy stat which definitely isn't true), and I've been griefed a fair bit. Tried standing up to myself but I just get killed before I can retaliate.

Skills are so easy to rise. Only reason I haven't maxed out Stealth yet is due to not having an elastic band to put around my analogue stick. I always spend a lot of time in the water so getting the lung capacity up wasn't too hard without even focusing on maxing that out. Now I'll be working on maxing that out tonight and shouldn't take long.

How do you know I drown a lot? :lol: I've not drowned much, but when I do it's mainly deliberate for some reason or other. I know about the cover thing. It's just a lack of places to take cover at times...

Tank explains why my NOOSE killed stat is the highest by a distance. :lol: my motorcycle crashes stat.

From the money section we can tell who took advantage of the LSC glitch :p And from the weapons, will definitely try using shotguns more. The firing rate probably turns me off them a bit, but they're definitely the best to kill from short range.

Nice work!!

I was aiming to compare the higher level players and forgot Levo so put you in as you were active in the thread right now. Not much point comparing your stats with others without putting it into the context of a lot less playing time so don't worry about it. You seem average in most stats so you're doing fine.

From the money section we can tell who took advantage of the LSC glitch :p And from the weapons, will definitely try using shotguns more. The firing rate probably turns me off them a bit, but they're definitely the best to kill from short range.

It says you drowned 7 times, it was a comment in jest :lol:

The assault shotgun has a great firing rate, it's automatic. All it takes is care in the right stick flicking. I'd guess if four enemies spawn in front of me (I had a lot of that in the Señora desert survival) I usually kill them with 6-8 shots even though only 4 are necessary, but the firing rate is so good that I end up shooting twice sometimes when I only want to shoot once. If they're too near each other I use it like a MG and just spray them.

But that's not all about shotguns, as close range weapons it zooms a lot less when you're aiming in contrived spaces so it allows you to keep a better awareness of your surroundings while shooting. With a rifle the camera focuses in a very small area and enemies coming from the side will be too off-center making it harder to hit them. This is true with sub-machine guns as well, but I don't use them much because I like to keep the MG pre-selected in that slot.

@ Damien, you don't need an elastic band. Press the joystick up so you start circling and then turn the pad upside down and leave it on a surface.

Right here's a select few.

Bounties Placed - 1
Bounties placed on me - 46
Total deaths - 209
Cops Killed - 285
Tires shot out - 668

Highest speed in a road vehicle - 136.82 mph (seems a little low)
Road vehicle driven fastest - Eleghy RH8
Farthest driven without crashing - 6.48 miles

Shots - 29,084
Hits - 9,763
Accuracy - 33.57%

Victim - Thekk
Victim Kills - 9 (might of all been in one session :lol:)

Update on the content, title patch and stimulus has been put on the R* newswire.

Now, without looking, does anyone want to guess when they're due to be released?