Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd be up for something like that, but I'm low level and pretty shit so mightn't be the best evil accomplice.

They're PvP jobs, so no harm will come from that. Hopefully teams (when applicable) will be somewhat randomly balanced.

I'd like to try one of Rockstar Playlists as well to see if there's any advantage to doing it them all in a bundle, or perhaps some fun logic to doing those jobs in succession. Who's up for it tonight? We need people committed to actually doing 5-6 different kind of jobs in a row without leaving. We can then evaluate if it's worth the time in terms of fun, RP and $.

Yep I'll be up for that!

The worst is when you spawn in a random deserted place with no car and everyone speeds off and you're left falling down mountains.

I suppose if we were youtubers some of this would be gold.

There was one mission we did last night where we had to steal the Meth RV. Admittedly, I took the unwise choice of trying to drive cross country...but as I was still getting there, the RV had already been stolen - so all there was left to do was try and meet up with it and then drive it back. The fact that no bikers spawned during that part of the journey meant I may as well have not done anything at all the entire mission.

Definitely.

As for the spawning in random place, there are few reasons as to why everyone should be using different cars. Sharing cars (either 2 or 4 to a car depending on the mission) makes things a lot easier. Mixed Up With Coke is one of the few that come to mind where different cars is better due to the cement trucks being all over the place - and of course the 8 player one with Judging the Jury where the jury members have to be killed.

Agree about sharing cars - definitely helps coordinate things! But if there is an unspoken rule to wait for all to arrive before starting shooting, then there is maybe not so much need.

It's a shame that when you are in the mission lobby (where you can buy more ammo etc), that you cannot choose which of your cars will spawn for a particular mission. I was going to say it would be useful having some 4 seater cars - but these would only apply to some missions I guess, and most people would prefer to spawn in their sports car.

Agree about sharing cars - definitely helps coordinate things! But if there is an unspoken rule to wait for all to arrive before starting shooting, then there is maybe not so much need.

Would still be handy for long trips in particular as when everyone is in different cars, one might take a lot longer than someone else (especially if the vehicle isn't suited for off-road).

Would still be handy for long trips in particular as when everyone is in different cars, one might take a lot longer than someone else (especially if the vehicle isn't suited for off-road).

True that.

I think that even though some of the missions are relatively easy, it is still more fun doing them all together - otherwise its more a case of trying to keep up, rather than actually contributing to the mission!

BTW, does it take you guys long for the game to load to online? It takes mine about 4-5 minutes which seems much too long.

True that.

I think that even though some of the missions are relatively easy, it is still more fun doing them all together - otherwise its more a case of trying to keep up, rather than actually contributing to the mission!

Yeah, a bit like you with the RV, I was far away on a mission where the objective was to go to some lab, hack a terminal and take the van and destroy it (meant to be delivered to Lester but destroying it gets a pass). I had $0 and my car hadn't spawned so while the others had gone off in their cars, I was trying to find a way there on foot/NPC car. Made it to the windmills when the mission had finished.

I should be on tonight.

You reckon you'll all still be playing this in March? I'm going to miss the heists.

Nah. If you have a bounty and survive around 48 minutes (1 game day), you've survived the bounty and get the money yourself.

Not seen one for 48 GTA hours before, Issy.
Ah interesting that must be why when Id managed to stay alive for an extended period of time I got £1000. I think it may have just been a £1000 bounty at the time. So whats the story with all the NPC bountys as opposed to another player putting one on your head?

I might then stick a 10k bounty on my mates head, hes got feck all cash so it will be quite funny watching him trying to stay alive with that hanging over his head.

I'll be on later, need to clean/tidy the house and give FM14 a quick finger blast.

I'll be on later, need to clean/tidy the house and give FM14 a quick finger blast.

feck off and just get on the damn ps3. There's only mancunian and issy on and they both want to grind races and I'm bored.

$107k away from the entity. This has to happen tonight. Why can't the just let me sell my banshee and bullet?

$107k away from the entity. This has to happen tonight. Why can't the just let me sell my banshee and bullet?

Don't sell your bullet. Well you can't anyway, but don't underestimate having a car that is only 2k on insurance.

My Vacca's only 3k, cheapest I've got is my Akuma. Costs me the princly sum of $112.

Don't sell your bullet. Well you can't anyway, but don't underestimate having a car that is only 2k on insurance.
Meh you can just get an Elegy for free if you're money conscious. Insurance only costs when it's your fault doesn't it? So just be safe!

Meh you can just get an Elegy for free if you're money conscious. Insurance only costs when it's your fault doesn't it? So just be safe!

Nah, only if the person has cash on them. It is a bit annoying when some cnut decides to blow up your car and you have to pay 10k or even worse 16k on the adder.

Yeah, Akuma's brilliant. Very mobile and cheap insurance if you end up zooming over a mountain into a river like I've done once or twice...

And also an easy target to be killed.

Yeah, a bit like you with the RV, I was far away on a mission where the objective was to go to some lab, hack a terminal and take the van and destroy it (meant to be delivered to Lester but destroying it gets a pass). I had $0 and my car hadn't spawned so while the others had gone off in their cars, I was trying to find a way there on foot/NPC car. Made it to the windmills when the mission had finished.
Sorry. I drove past you and thought you were running towards your bike. I must confess I'm extremely hasty when Makki's on a mission because he's the rushiest of all. When we started doing missions, waiting for everyone to arrive, get into cover, etc, was tradition, but then this speed obsession came and it's a snowball effect. If others are racing the mission than I am as well because I want to participate. That mission was the first time I've ever been able to hack a terminal for example. And I enjoyed the mini-game.
It's a shame that when you are in the mission lobby (where you can buy more ammo etc), that you cannot choose which of your cars will spawn for a particular mission. I was going to say it would be useful having some 4 seater cars - but these would only apply to some missions I guess, and most people would prefer to spawn in their sports car.

That would be an interesting feature. There's one for starting weapon, which is an L1 tap away anyway, but there isn't one for vehicle... Anyway you can call the Mechanic and have any of your cars in about 6/7 seconds so a minor annoyance.

We should do a death match but set ourselves the objective of only using pistols.

What's the point in having your own cars? I don't really get why you would need more than on basic enough yoke to get you about.

Wait until you get a mission that's 4-5 miles away and you'll see.

What's the point in having your own cars? I don't really get why you would need more than on basic enough yoke to get you about.

The point of the game is gaining money to buy things. If you like driving fast then you need to have your own car, as they rarely spawn and you'll get heat when in a stolen car. I also need a fast car for bounty hunting (or escaping from hunters when I'm the target myself) and getting quickly to places.

I think the basics here are a 10-car garage - apartments are useless at the moment, but if paying for the garage you might as well bring a premium apartment at once, for heists in the future - your favourite car with some decent mods, and the best weapons you have unlocked. Rest are luxury items not really necessary. Obviously I want to buy all the neat stuff possible but I'll wait for the money to pile up for those things and have fun in the meanwhile, my grinding days are over. Buzzard can be useful in some mission, but they can all be done without it (if necessary the mission will spawn one) and they spawn everywhere in free roam so it's best to use those due to insurance premiums. The tank is just for giggles against NPCs, as it's very dangerous in PVP due to making you prone to becoming a bad sport very quickly even if you don't shoot the thing, just by having other players crash into you.

Right O. I've only about 65k in the bank atm so probably not enough to get myself anything neat yet. I'll have to have a look what's out there.

Or you can buy a garage and get a free skyline.

I'm so used to DTD with us lot. Played with some randomers and when I got to the end in first place did a victory skid into the water only to find out it was two laps :lol: Still managed to finish in 2nd, mind.