Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah im really not a fan of races/racing games but seems to be the best way to earn some money by an absolute mile at the moment.

Will be on later - happy to race, although also hoping to do some survival etc as well.

yeah im really not a fan of races/racing games but seems to be the best way to earn some money by an absolute mile at the moment.

I'm only level 12/13 so the races is a handy way of levelling up too. I need access to some new weapons.

The races in GTA are actually much more enjoyable compared to racing games themselves. It's nice and straight forward and you can play dirty. Your right though it is probably the best way of earning some dough and ranking up. Get a few wins under your belt and in no time ya can have 100k to spend.

Whose jasonhow a ma jiggy?

shappy_wave_100-103.gif

So are people racing? I need to rebuild my bank balance after being 220k down for no reason at all.
How do you just become 220k down? Surely you went and spent a fortune on something.

There's a few of them on there racing this eve. I might be back on in a couple of hours for a few races, missions and bounty hunting sessions.

We really need to start varying what we do. Why always the same race? You lose about 2 minutes or so in downtime between races, so the difference between a 1:30 minute race and a 3 minutes one is not really that much in terms of money/time.

I'm getting nauseated by DtD already. Am always up to grind it with anyone that needs $, levelling up, and have trouble winning normal races every now and again, but we really should take the time when there's more people online to try funnier stuff. PvP missions, other races (half or more of which I haven't even tried), DM's, survival, etc. The crew is small (in terms of people you can actually get together online) and if a couple switch to other games, and all of us will eventually do it, we'll be left with a dead crew that has barely explored half what the game has to offer.

Am all up for a merge with the newbies crew as well, if there is one. I can't phantom what harm will come of having more of us together online at the same time and doing the same things.

End of rant.

Totally agree with you DTD is an ok track for grinding it up but there are some great races on there. I've only taken part in the one survival and it was pretty epic. I'm also up for more crew members, the more the crazier it will be. We might also get enough together for a crew DD on the Maze Bank.

For those of you grinding DTD, why not switch to Criminal Records? It's a much quicker race. I'm sick of both DTD and Criminal Records, it's all I ever get dropped into. There's other great races like Senora Freeway and The Commute that are rarely picked.

In the Bad Sport server again, it really was a stupid by move by Rockstar to include it. But I've got a tank and a buzzard now so if anyone messes with me....Kaboom!

Did anyone get the 500k that we were meant to be getting?

Just did a mission where I had to get a car, lose the cops, respray it and deliver it. Got literally all the way there, and some bloke sniped me and delivered the car. Bastard. I hate online games

Would you people be against my little (well he's 14 but being 18 years younger than me I look at him as a child) brother joining the crew? He can fill a spot here and there and is an educated kid that speaks fluent English. It's a hassle for me having to chose between playing with him and the crew sometimes and unless I'm hosting it's difficult to get him to join missions with us.

Otherwise I'll just tell him to join the newbies and write posts for him (which would get him promoted in a month) but I don't want to have to go through all that work. I know the crew is for caftards but an exception for family members would be sweet.

Add your brother, I'm still against newbies a bit. Gonna loosen the restrictions though now the online has been about for a while and we have an idea on numbers active.

Need to join you guys for a proper session, managed to get into games with a few of you, not been on as much as i'd like though.

DTD is only for grinding.
It would be nice to get some other races, missions and survivals in, for the achievements if nothing else.

I agree that we should be more diverse in the type of missions/races etc that we do.

Also, when we are doing missions, its easy to forget that there are some people who haven't done a particular mission before.

I know that when you have done the same mission multiple times, its easy to rush through it as fast as possible. But I think we should try and be more coordinated - wait until everyone arrives before we trigger the main bit of the mission, for example. Think it makes it more fun having everyone involved.

Just my 2 cents.

Im level 39 and lately I seem to be getting no new missions, just the same boring ones I keep having to repeat. will they only perhaps spawn new ones once i reach 40?.

Tried to get on last night but wouldn't let me into online mode

I agree that we should be more diverse in the type of missions/races etc that we do.

Also, when we are doing missions, its easy to forget that there are some people who haven't done a particular mission before.

I know that when you have done the same mission multiple times, its easy to rush through it as fast as possible. But I think we should try and be more coordinated - wait until everyone arrives before we trigger the main bit of the mission, for example. Think it makes it more fun having everyone involved.

Just my 2 cents.
The worst is when you spawn in a random deserted place with no car and everyone speeds off and you're left falling down mountains.

I suppose if we were youtubers some of this would be gold.

The worst is when you spawn in a random deserted place with no car and everyone speeds off and you're left falling down mountains.

Don't get me started on that. I hosted a mission that I invited Levo to and some randomner ended up joining. I was 5 miles away and the cnut didn't wait for me to get to the place, I was getting my chopper to offer protection and they both died leaving me alone to complete the mission.

Definitely.

As for the spawning in random place, there are few reasons as to why everyone should be using different cars. Sharing cars (either 2 or 4 to a car depending on the mission) makes things a lot easier. Mixed Up With Coke is one of the few that come to mind where different cars is better due to the cement trucks being all over the place - and of course the 8 player one with Judging the Jury where the jury members have to be killed.

DTD is only for grinding.
It would be nice to get some other races, missions and survivals in, for the achievements if nothing else.
I want to have the green check mark on everything on the map.

I'd like to try one of Rockstar Playlists as well to see if there's any advantage to doing it them all in a bundle, or perhaps some fun logic to doing those jobs in succession. Who's up for it tonight? We need people committed to actually doing 5-6 different kind of jobs in a row without leaving. We can then evaluate if it's worth the time in terms of fun, RP and $.

I'd like to try one of Rockstar Playlists as well to see if there's any advantage to doing it them all in a bundle, or perhaps some fun logic to doing those jobs in succession. Who's up for it tonight? We need people committed to actually doing 5-6 different kind of jobs in a row without leaving. We can then evaluate if it's worth the time in terms of fun, RP and $.

I'd be up for something like that, but I'm low level and pretty shit so mightn't be the best evil accomplice.

That would be good.

And Rockstar will be adding jobs from contact to the voting screen at some point too, so that means there'll be less need to go into freeroam after doing something.

With all the glitches, I still love this game. Some very fun unscripted moments come out of it. Yesterday I was chasing a bounty alone, guy was about my level. He kept running from me for a while in some sort of circular route with a few stunt jumps and weird turns which made it incredibly hard to get him although I was in a much faster car. We both used Lester's off the radar a couple of times with different timings. Eventually I surprised him and shot him. A few minutes later he was chasing me when I got a bounty as well. I made it hard to him for as long as I could killing him several times. Eventually he caught me - and with skill and awareness as I was off the radar at that moment. He then ran away on my car which I had set to everyone on some previous mission with randomners. I locked the car, went to get it in another stolen car and by then we both had 3 stars of heat and he was running on foot in the middle of the mountains. I approached honking, he jumped in the car, we bailed police and then he calmly left the car and went to his business.

No words exchanged, and a good dose of sportsmanship without shooting on the back stuff. It was a very fun and exciting half-hour. The thrill of a bounty chase is amazing, and not for financial reasons.

Of course there's also the idiots who shoot you in the back as soon as you return from a mission with them when you spawn in free mode. A few do that and immediately leave the session, go figure.