Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enjoy, better than violent duct. This will be taken out after the patch I believe.

Rockstar is banning people abusing that glitch so I wouldn't risk it.

Also, if you guys want to max your stealth. You can literally have it running in the background whilst you're doing something else. But basically find a remote area, preferably in your own world. And then go into stealth mode, place your controller so that the L3 is pressed to the left and let your character move around in a circle by himself. No idea how long it takes, but it can run in the background.

Rockstar is banning people abusing that glitch so I wouldn't risk it.

Yeah I heard that, but then I've been reading comments saying that they won't be and that a similar thing happened in red dead redemption. They can't ban us for their own faults, and they can't ban everyone.

But yeah, do it at your own risk.

It's not "their own faults". It's an abuse of a glitch. Any MMORPG clearly states that this is forbidden, i.e., if you "discover" a glitch and abuse it, you can be banned, and rightly so. I haven't gone through the trouble of reading it, but I suspect the policy of GTA Online will clearly state this, as do most online games. Or from watching that video can anyone think that it's a normal game mechanic?

It's not "their own faults". It's an abuse of a glitch. Any MMORPG clearly states that this is forbidden, i.e., if you "discover" a glitch and abuse it, you can be banned, and rightly so. I haven't gone through the trouble of reading it, but I suspect the policy of GTA Online will clearly state this, as do most online games. Or from watching that video can anyone think that it's a normal game mechanic?

But then how is it any worse than doing the violent duct mission over and over?

But then how is it any worse than doing the violent duct mission over and over?
I wasn't very comfortable doing it, to be honest, particularly being in the knowledge that it would probably be patched up soon. Hence I didn't object to that fake rumour of a global reset once that was sorted out.

That said, it was harder to blame the players in that instance. I repeated the mission a lot of times before realizing it was a glitch, as I thought the "retry" was a normal game mechanic. I thought the glitch was the absence of the R2 prompt in the lower screen. Then, after rumours started, I realized it made a lot more sense that the glitch was actually the possibility of retrying after a successful run. The bike selling thing is much more convoluted than that.

I do think that Rockstar should have reset the game after patching up that kind of stuff.

A lot of things wrong here, one-lap two-players races shouldn't pay as well (or almost as well) as proper races with several players. There are so many exploits in this game, and I feel some kind of cheapness about my progress. How can I value my 393k apartment if it was won in about 3 hours of grinding when it should have been the pinnacle of my real state investment after a long and strenuous criminal career? Not fair for players joining the game after things have been ironed out.

Yeah I know what you're saying Arruda, but then at the same time it's just a game. And the amount of man hours it will take to amass money to be able to enjoy the game better with better stuff, I have no issue with making a fast buck.

Same concept of the ultimate team glitch a few years ago. You buy a pack, unplug your router and when you sign back it, you had the pack and your money was not taken out. People abused the shit out of it, and had their actual gamertag banned altogether.

I abused it aswell, but not doing it anymore.

I don't know whether to go for the chopper, or go for a car.

You did it and bought it though. If you think you should reset then create a new character? Only the money carries over I think.
Reseting the servers and reseting myself only is not exactly the same thing, is it?

I'm having a break from online though, it will give people plenty of time to catch up. Makki will probably be max level (what is it?) when I return :)

Just spent 70k or so modding my vehicle, only to discover that when the car was in my garage, it looked nothing like it did when I drove it in. Anybody else experience that? What's the point of modding my vehicle when it changes appearance to something completely different?

For fecks sake. The on Monday when playing I got my money up to 290k from 98k and bought a 286k apartment. I load it up today and I'm back in my old apartment with only the 98k I started with on Monday.

I still have the car I modded on Monday, the clothes, and my rank but the money I earned has gone. Lost $200k.

Bloody hell, Arudu, how about you put some more words "inside" "these" marks, not sure you do it enough!!! On GTA, its their fault the game is messed up and fair play to anyone use it, was the same on "Forza motorsport" people getting billions by glitching the sale of parts.

Also it helps us who started playing the game later because people stalk you around to kill you which costs you ££.

Yeah I heard that, but then I've been reading comments saying that they won't be and that a similar thing happened in red dead redemption. They can't ban us for their own faults, and they can't ban everyone.

But yeah, do it at your own risk.

Not true. If ea can ban gamertags for glitching gold packs on UT 2 years ago, Rockstar can too if deemed severe enough.

When are we getting our 500k...?

Managed to complete survival with two people today. Could maybe solo the map that we did though, as you can stay in a warehouse waiting for them all.

Why is the Ai on this game still so fecking annoyingly retarded? Why do they decide to randomly drive into you?

I just published a new emblem in case anyone wanted to change it?

I personally like having the muppet...but maybe we should have a vote?

Here's the new one:

a196ff43f70cda5a10481db75e9743407b469627_512.png

Or the current (minus the red background, obviously...):

24d002240ae774432003788a416dbaa458ffc517_512.png

I do like the Muppet, but Havin the United badge would also look pretty cool...so I don't know, which makes me a pretty useless descision maker!

Maybe we should see how it looks in game - I think the muppet looks fantastic in game on tee's etc.

The muppet has something much more sinister to it.

The muppet has something much more sinister to it.

Haha I know what you mean - I also like that it is more obscure, rather than the crest.

Reason I uploaded the crest was just that I found a way to import vectors into the editor, so thought it might be something people wanted.

ALso, I think the muppet is more us...if that makes sense? The crest could be any United related crew.

The muppet disappeared from my car. :(

I can't get it back until I've finally bought the apartment I want.

Btw, is there any point in getting the 400k one when there's a 200k one that has a ten car garage anyway?

Never mind, I can replace Kermit for free. Result.

Opinions on apartments still needed.

I don't think so - they all have the same layout I think. The main things are the 10 car garage amnd the planning room for heists - which all the larger places have.

This video has the views from all the apartments that include 10 car garages:

Apparently there's a patch either today or tomorrow that will initialise the first half of the stimulus package. Anyone going on today (before 5pm), could you tell us if you update?

How do you do that?

Here:

I would do it exactly as they say - which is find the PNG of the image you want, go to www.vectormagic.com and have them convert it into an SVG and then follow the instructions to get it into the online editor.

I was having issues with uploading an SVG file of the United crest - but when I converted a PNG from he website it worked fine.

While this essentially means you could have any image as your logo, I kinda prefer being limited by the online editor and your imagination.

I vote for the muppet to stay!

Anyone on and fancy some races? I need to win 15 races to unlock mods.

Can someone be creative and put the united crest on the muppet? Just to see what it looks like!

Yeah maybe on Kermits belly would look ok.

Will upload it in a sec...it looked weird being on the belly, but looks better being on the chest, if that makes sense.