Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've got a headset, chat's generally muted full stop though thanks to the little bastards that roam around. Sorry about that last mission, internet'a gone.

Why don't you set your headset to friends and crew only?

Finally got a jet. I was showboating across the like and knackered the tail, crashed immediately and exploded into a thousand glorious pieces. Totally worth it.

dKmWGC9.gif

Online for a bit...still can't find friends or crew members for love nor money though!

I'll be on at about six again tonight. Until... Nah screw it, even during the England game.

Got the choice of watching paint dry, watching England or GTAV. England comes a close third (besides, they play better when I don't watch).

I'll be on at about six again tonight. Until... Nah screw it, even during the England game.

Got the choice of watching paint dry, watching England or GTAV. England comes a close third (besides, they play better when I don't watch).

Where would you put Ireland vs Kazakhstan on that list?

So what's the best approach for the cargobob mission?

Once we break into the army place, and each steal an aircraft (cargobob, jets or buzzards), should we then try and stay close to the cargobob to protect it? Or should each player go and lose the police independently, before meeting back up with the cargobob when they are free of stars?

Am not sure if keeping close to the cargobob only serves to attract more police helicopters? At the end of the mission yesterday, makki was alone and able to fly the cargobob from the compound to the home without any trouble - even though there were a couple of police helicopters that appeared. They didn't appear to try and shoot at him, and then disappeared when it was time for him to land.

Once we break into the army place, and each steal an aircraft (cargobob, jets or buzzards), should we then try and stay close to the cargobob to protect it? Or should each player go and lose the police independently, before meeting back up with the cargobob when they are free of stars?

Am not sure if keeping close to the cargobob only serves to attract more police helicopters? At the end of the mission yesterday, makki was alone and able to fly the cargobob from the compound to the home without any trouble - even though there were a couple of police helicopters that appeared. They didn't appear to try and shoot at him, and then disappeared when it was time for him to land.
When you get into the fort, let the buzzard and jet take off first, most of the heat will follow them, then the last guy can take bob and fly in the opposite direction.

When heat is gone, let the buzz and jets clear the compound of goons, before bob lifts the container. When he's lifted it, remember to stay close and protect him till he gets to lester.

Lose the police before meeting back up with the cargobob. The cargobob seems to lose the stars pretty easily at first from what I've seen but it is when the cargobob is at the compound picking up the trailer that the protection is really needed as there is one police helicopter who follows the cargobob then. Once that is destroyed by a buzzard, it's easy to finish off.

Makki was pretty lucky that those police helicopters that appeared didn't go after him more - usually they do.

Anyone on ps3 now? Dissertation research can wait.

Probably best not to race for a few days though. It's too easy to throw people off without even meaning to at times and I can see why people get annoyed. I only nudge people on purpose when they're overtaking, which I think is fair enough on GTA. Other than that it's usually a ricochet or an uncontrollable slip stream which gets me in bother.

We should do it on the actual 'GTA destroy each other' mode and see how we get on with that.

I just saw this on gtaforums:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/626605-need-ps3-bodyguards-in-gta-online/

All sounds a bit weird, but I actually like the suggestion at the end by someone else who said that the VIP should put a 10k bounty on their own head, and then see if the other 11 people in the level (excluding the VIP and bodyguards) can assassinate the VIP. Would be, in effect, creating a new game mode that encourages teamwork on both sides.
In saying all that, it does still seem weird to me!

I think this could actually be a bit of craic if we're looking for something to do some day. If there's say 4 or 5 people willing to do it we could try and get on a server with a decent amount of randomers. Then if everyone contributes 1k or so, we can put a bounty on one of the crew members heads. Then we can set up some place and try and protect whoever has the bounty.

Lose the police before meeting back up with the cargobob. The cargobob seems to lose the stars pretty easily at first from what I've seen but it is when the cargobob is at the compound picking up the trailer that the protection is really needed as there is one police helicopter who follows the cargobob then. Once that is destroyed by a buzzard, it's easy to finish off.

Makki was pretty lucky that those police helicopters that appeared didn't go after him more - usually they do.

When you get into the fort, let the buzzard and jet take off first, most of the heat will follow them, then the last guy can take bob and fly in the opposite direction.

When heat is gone, let the buzz and jets clear the compound of goons, before bob lifts the container. When he's lifted it, remember to stay close and protect him till he gets to lester.

Cheers both - think thats the right way. Was not sure if the cargobob could make a break for it on its own after taking off from the army base. I think I spend too much time fighting the police helis rather than trying to lose stars.

Hope to be able to try this again tonight!

I think this could actually be a bit of craic if we're looking for something to do some day. If there's say 4 or 5 people willing to do it we could try and get on a server with a decent amount of randomers. Then if everyone contributes 1k or so, we can put a bounty on one of the crew members heads. Then we can set up some place and try and protect whoever has the bounty.

I think so too.

Actually - we should try and setup our own server when we play in the evening. Since we are usually doing missions, then it would be good to have a server with no other players on - just the crew members. We don't usually have more than 16 on at a time. Last night there were two groups doing missions - if we were all on one server then would be easier to switch between etc.

Also once a mission is finished it would avoid the chance that you end up close to a non-crew member who could potentially steal the money you have just earned. I bank it immediately, but you never know.

Does anyone know how to do this - would one person need to create the server and then others join - can you limit a server to crew only?

Has anybody done the lecster mission where you have to nick the plane from the beach, and then land it on the runway surrounded by about 10 vans with people with RPG's?.

Me and 1 other friend had a crack at it, and its impossible for just 2 of u. It's annoying though as they have not given me the option to retry it since with more people.

I think so too.

Actually - we should try and setup our own server when we play in the evening. Since we are usually doing missions, then it would be good to have a server with no other players on - just the crew members. We don't usually have more than 16 on at a time. Last night there were two groups doing missions - if we were all on one server then would be easier to switch between etc.

Also once a mission is finished it would avoid the chance that you end up close to a non-crew member who could potentially steal the money you have just earned. I bank it immediately, but you never know.

Does anyone know how to do this - would one person need to create the server and then others join - can you limit a server to crew only?
Yup, plenty of options if you access the online tab in the start menu in STORY MODE (why not when you're online god only knows)

There's solo, invite only, crew only, friends only and options to join crew and friends.

Speaking of, going to be setting up a crew only tonight, just join session in progress as I cba doing missions tonight. Don't forget to activate the caf crew before you join.

Has anybody done the lecster mission where you have to nick the plane from the beach, and then land it on the runway surrounded by about 10 vans with people with RPG's?.

Me and 1 other friend had a crack at it, and its impossible for just 2 of u. It's annoying though as they have not given me the option to retry it since with more people.

I did it with a few others, try just landing the plane...ignore the feckin vans, as long as you hit the yellow marker and stop it seems to be ok.

Modified my Eleghy, currently looking sweet as in the crew colour paint job.

I did it with a few others, try just landing the plane...ignore the feckin vans, as long as you hit the yellow marker and stop it seems to be ok.

:lol: So simple and effective, didn't think it would be that easy.

I assumed their was another part to the mission after that, I guess not.

Yup, plenty of options if you access the online tab in the start menu in STORY MODE (why not when you're online god only knows)

There's solo, invite only, crew only, friends only and options to join crew and friends.

Speaking of, going to be setting up a crew only tonight, just join session in progress as I cba doing missions tonight. Don't forget to activate the caf crew before you join.

That's why I never saw them - I assumed they would be something you could access when already online!

You're on Xbox, right?

To the PS3 peeps - do you think we should create crew only sessions?

That's why I never saw them - I assumed they would be something you could access when already online!

You're on Xbox, right?

Yeah I'm Xbox.

And yeah, the menu is retarded. Millions of options offline but one "find new session" online.

You're on Xbox, right?

Totes swoosh

Isn't the crew colour red?

Please tell me you just bought red paint and didn't whack out $25,000 when it could have been less than a thousand.
I've gone for the authentic paint job, got nothing else to spend my paper on.

You're on Xbox, right?

Maybe, although I do enjoy murdering the odd randomer while topping up on ammo and snacks or selling a car during breaks from missions.

Doubt it'll happen any time soon, would take away too much of the power between consoles.

Totes swoosh

So I guess best way would be for first one online to create the session, and then either send invites to others, or I guess they can just join crew and that should take them there.

Will try tonight.