Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm same as Stobzilla then. I seem to have less money than when I started those missions and my rank has reverted.

Twice it's happened now.

Thats appened to me a few times too. And I lost my recent gun purchases. :(

Someone tell me how to share personal vehicles on this. I remember setting so no one else could get in, now I can't remember how to change it back, so at the moment when my crew members try get in, I lock them out. I'm the worst getaway driver in the world!

Someone tell me how to share personal vehicles on this. I remember setting so no one else could get in, now I can't remember how to change it back, so at the moment when my crew members try get in, I lock them out. I'm the worst getaway driver in the world!

Hold -Select- and then scroll down down to personal vehicles. At least on PS3

I'm same as Stobzilla then. I seem to have less money than when I started those missions and my rank has reverted.

Twice it's happened now.

:( When your internet went, what happened? Did you have to hard reset, or was it just that you lost your connection and had to wait until your connection came back before you could go online again?

Thats appened to me a few times too. And I lost my recent gun purchases. :(

When you finish playing a session online, how do you exit?

:( When your internet went, what happened? Did you have to hard reset, or was it just that you lost your connection and had to wait until your connection came back before you could go online again?
- - -

I dont think I've "quit" online yet. Or not since the patch. First I tried doing a job which made my PS3 hang and I had to do a hard reset. Next time I knew I wanted to leave, but I thought if I simple changed sever it would save. Instead it died, but it was slightly better as I could still "Quit Game". 3rd time I think I did a job which died again and a PS3 reset was required.

Lost connection. Didn't sign in again until this morning though.

Can't seem to stay in missions now though even though I'm not disconnecting. Just sends me into missions alone.

My motivation seems to be slipping, with my progress being 'lost' and 30k 'disappearing' I don't see the point in bothering until they sort this shite out...

I've only had about 10k or so randomly lost, along with having to redo a few missions. Still really fun but the issues are really annoying.

Also, I have about 40k right now. Should I buy one of the shit houses/apartments, or wait to have more money and get a good one actually.

I bought a 135k apartment yesterday with a 6 car garage. Don't see the need for a big apartment, you spend more time in your car and with your guns so that's were the bulk of the money should go. Besides, you get a partial refund on apartments when you buy a better one (you can only have 1).

Thank god I finally made some money yesterday with the aid of this_ismarkus. Kept repeating a 9k mission that could be done in about 4 minutes and we made about 200k each in a short time.

I've only had about 10k or so randomly lost, along with having to redo a few missions. Still really fun but the issues are really annoying.

Also, I have about 40k right now. Should I buy one of the shit houses/apartments, or wait to have more money and get a good one actually.

Save up and get a good one. I bought one last night for 90k and it was a shithole.

Not that it mattered since it was lost when my character was deleted yet again earlier today.

I bought a 135k apartment yesterday with a 6 car garage. Don't see the need for a big apartment, you spend more time in your car and with your guns so that's were the bulk of the money should go. Besides, you get a partial refund on apartments when you buy a better one (you can only have 1).

Thank god I finally made some money yesterday with the aid of this_ismarkus. Kept repeating a 9k mission that could be done in about 4 minutes and we made about 200k each in a short time.

Which mission was it?

I haven't been put too much time into the multiplayer yet - partly because of work but also not wanting to invest too much time if the levels gained and money 'earned' are going to be lost.

The last couple of days have seemed to work fine - managed to get back online and my character, level and money (and car) have stayed as they should. Will be online this evening and hope to do some missions with you guys - so will try and join.

Am guessing this is why Rockstar haven't released the money packs yet - it's one thing players losing the time they invested (which is annoying as hell), but its another thing if people lose money that they have actually paid real money for - that is a different level of problems legally for them to deal with.

Has anyone who has bought an apartment lost that?

Which mission was it?
The one where you bust a drug deal from the Lost below a viaduct in mission row.

It's incredibly fast. With grenades you can blitz through them very quickly, and the getaway is about 20 seconds away. Not sure if I have my stuff though, with everyone complaining from losing stuff, and I haven't been able to connect today yet.

I know the patch they released dealt with some of these missions that you could constantly replay to quickly build up money - so not sure if this is still possible?

We were doing it a couple of hours ago, so it hadn't been fixed then..

To be fair it's too easy, making 200k in a couple of hours is ridiculous.

I got a bounty yesterday, was being chased by a biker (I had a vehicle to deliver to Simeon as well) and nearly survived the first attack, when I was descending the driveway to the mod shop I dropped a sticky bomb, waited for him and blew him. I saw his body flying through the air and got a "bad sport" thing for destroying his personal vehicle.

He then managed his revenge, and managed to destroy my Simeon's car with a mate of his before I could deliver it.

Some amazing moments in this, love this game.

That's great. Glad you were both able to play, and Stobz able to get some more money after he lost everything. I wanted to help but the time was too late for me.

Yeah, can't join at all, except for a solo session. I wonder if I can invite people into here...
Nah, doesn't even recognize my crew...

I'll be online in a bit, got a banging headache at the moment. Could do with some help making money, only been in a few times with the crew so only got around 25k.

Anybody else struggling to get online now? Have been playing all day, but it seems it goes all bad in the afternoon.

Haven't tried in the last hour or so - was online earlier and it was fine. Of course now the US is online to that seems to cause the servers to grind to a halt.

Love it!! Have seen some other players with their logo on their shirts and vehicles...but think ours looks much better!! (Although I might be biased!!)

Damn - looks like you've earned some serious money!!

Which apartment do you have?
3 Alta street. £223k and 10 car garage.

I've set my vehicle access to everyone, it's a pain that randomners in jobs with me can't enter my vehicle. If someone robs me they'll have hell coming to them.

On a separate note, does anyone else think that the BAWSAQ will suddenly work online once PIS and HAL have returned to their previous highs?

Or maybe they are holding off on the stock market until they have patched over any quick money-making glitches...

I've set my vehicle access to everyone, it's a pain that randomners in jobs with me can't enter my vehicle. If someone robs me they'll have hell coming to them.

It's a shame there aren't different settings for in jobs and for free roam - or if once you started a mission then anyone could enter your vehicle.

I wouldn't call it a glitch, more like an ill-thought thing. In GTA IV the way to progress more quickly was repeating the Petrovic airport mission over and over again.

When being chased by cops, just take off / put on your glasses or mask, you will lose a star. It's a good thing to kill the store owners after hold-ups because losing 3 stars earns more RP's than losing 2 stars and they're both pretty easy to dodge.

My favourite music - Convoy (Rebel Radio).

When being chased by cops, just take off / put on your glasses or mask, you will lose a star. It's a good thing to kill the store owners after hold-ups because losing 3 stars earns more RP's than losing 2 stars and they're both pretty easy to dodge.

My favourite music - Convoy (Rebel Radio).

Rebel Radio in general has a few gems on it, and some hilarious commercials as well. Great channel that.

No, just playing solo, increasing my stats (stalking hikers and kinfing them down to increase stealth) and selling vehicles. Tried robbing an armored car with sticky bombs but hat to run away without the money as it took me too long an was being overwhelmed with cops. Must be fun to try and steal one in the story mode fashion, someone rams them, the others quickly put the sticky bomb, collect the cash, and someone in a fast car for a getaway :drool: