Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
No problem :lol:

Would be easier if everyone bought mics so we knew what we wanted to do rather than having to guess. :p

Any Xbox crew members on later? might join you after the match...

No problem :lol:

Would be easier if everyone bought mics so we knew what we wanted to do rather than having to guess. :p

There's a text chat. Mics are better, but for those without, for now the text chat can be ok for some things. If anyone not in the chat has got anyone in the crew on their friends list, ask them to invite you to the chat. I know I've got a headset in my house somewhere but not sure where. Will look for it early next week.

Is linking your PSN to Rockstar social really necessary? In a 20 minute call with Sony for a password reset but they're being awkward about it all. Can I just not bother with it?

When you were riding another re-spawn like it? That would have been me.
I thought it was you (similar name),. does it really cost money to fix vechiles. Theyre fixed when you change server.

Is linking your PSN to Rockstar social really necessary? In a 20 minute call with Sony for a password reset but they're being awkward about it all. Can I just not bother with it?

Its probably necessary. For the time being you could add us as friends.

Its probably necessary. For the time being you could add us as friends.

Hmm, oh well it's apparently being sorted now. They're emailing me a password reset link which'll probably take about a year to end up in my inbox.

Hopping online now, looking forward to meeting the crew!

So wait, for me to join the crew on the PS3 I have to be signed up to Rockstar Social Club? I've already done that on their website. I'm so confused...

So wait, for me to join the crew on the PS3 I have to be signed up to Rockstar Social Club? I've already done that on their website. I'm so confused...

To join the crew you only need a rockstar account, you dont even have to have your PSNID linked. But obviously for that to affect gameplay you need to link your PSNID with your rockstar ID.
It took ages for me to get it to work (well kinda). You can link your PSN ID with your Rockstar ID via Rockstars website, in the options bit.

Youll need to restart your game and hope the servers are up for it to take affect. I had similar problems:

How do you link your ps3 to your rock star account?

Not that it matters for 2 more days

I thought it was you (similar name),. does it really cost money to fix vechiles. Theyre fixed when you change server.
Nah, I just didn't want you to shoot me as that costs 2k in doctor bills and bail money. The car wouldn't be a problem.

To join the crew you only need a rockstar account, you dont even have to have your PSNID linked. But obviously for that to affect gameplay you need to link your PSNID with your rockstar ID.
It took ages for me to get it to work (well kinda). You can link your PSN ID with your Rockstar ID via Rockstars website, in the options bit.

Youll need to restart your game and hope the servers are up for it to take affect. I had similar problems:

Hmm ok. The issue is for me that I don't know my PSN password, it signs in automatically, so I can't link the two. And for some stupid reason I used a fake DOB when I made the account, so I can't change it easily either. I called Sony and they're sending a password reset link but that'll take forever. So I guess that means that I can't play with you all until that gets sorted!

I'm not so sure now on profile linking. Because you need to log in to socialclub through GTA right? And you're already signed in with PSN? So it should do it for you really.

Ahhh. On the PS3 I just needed to enter my Social Club details. I'm a moron. Anyway, I'm connected now.

Ahhh. On the PS3 I just needed to enter my Social Club details. I'm a moron. Anyway, I'm connected now.

Yeah, that's how I did it when I joined. It wouldn't let me link my PSN account via Rockstar's website but when I got the game I was able to do it then through the PS3.

Having trouble getting on now.

And Stobs, I'm going to shoot one of your tires out one day.

Having trouble getting on now.

And Stobs, I'm going to shoot one of your tires out one day.

I haven't been able to get online in about 5 hours, except for a couple of times when I've chosen invite only session. But then no missions has been able to load, so it's basically been a waste of time.

Can't join online either. Just when you think they have made progress with the servers, they take a step back!

What makes it worse is getting the time out message and not being able to return to offline, but having to quit the game and reload it.

Thank god the character wheel lets me switch quickly....

What makes it worse is getting the time out message and not being able to return to offline, but having to quit the game and reload it.

Thank god the character wheel lets me switch quickly....

Again, not just me it seems. FFS.

Yeah I'm getting that issue. Timed out locating session and can't press X to continue. Seriously frustrating.

Yeah I'm getting that issue. Timed out locating session and can't press X to continue. Seriously frustrating.

Yeah, did that to me five hours ago. I did eventually manage to get in, but I was in a world all on my own with nobody else. I wasn't on it for long - just to rob a store and sell a car - but the issue is definitely affecting a lot of people.

Came on earlier and had to make my character again. Lost all my progress, weapons and money.

fecking irritating. I also want to kill Lamar.

Also i believe it's a free Gold weekend on Xbox Live what with the BF4 open beta and all. So will probably suck during the evening this weekend.

If you sign out of online PSN at that stage it lets you hit continue to go back to the offline game.

Newbie (Vitro) and me wondering if the Xbox crew can have the newbies in it as we are lacking numbers.

Yeah, did that to me five hours ago. I did eventually manage to get in, but I was in a world all on my own with nobody else. I wasn't on it for long - just to rob a store and sell a car - but the issue is definitely affecting a lot of people.
If you sign out of online PSN at that stage it lets you hit continue to go back to the offline game.
Cheers for that!!

Good tip!

Seriously, I fail to understand how Rockstar can underestimate how many people would play this online. Ridiculous

Got the cloud server offline message and kicked to dashboard. Now I can join but my character isn't there... hope it's still the cloud offline or I've lost $175k and 24 levels...

Add me to the OP too
PSN is JMPadg
Social Club name is RedMufc

Done, thanks.

And from a newbie:

I not sure if this is private messaging or not. I am a newbie and can't post in the main forum. Anyway GTA online is down atm yes. However if you and the other guys click to join a job, it will fail but it will put you into the online world by yourself and you can still do some tasks like collect cars and it saves I've tested this. I am making money now while wait for it to be back up and running properly again.