Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
Created a second character as my last one was stuck on a loop, hit random and it made my dad John Marston.

I'm not at all sure what's the difference between $70 and 100

Still no joy for me. I can get online with a temp character, but can't join friends or crew session. I'll leave it for now.

When I press down three other names come up on the top right of the screen but I can't read them cause of my tv, are these other crew members?

Think the 1 thing I'm struggling with is trying to find Cree members

I love it when you see someone robbing a store so you wait till they come out, run em over and take the cash

When I press down three other names come up on the top right of the screen but I can't read them cause of my tv, are these other crew members?
They are those in the game world with you, the crew members will have a red ring round their dot on the map

Did you cut off the top half of your TV? Pressing down shows all the other people online in your session, though it's in the top left I think

Can't seem to get in. I keep getting stuck on the loading screen for the first race. I'm going to try and make a new character and hopefully I'll get in this time.

How long should it be taking to get into the first race?

Can't seem to get in. I keep getting stuck on the loading screen for the first race. I'm going to try and make a new character and hopefully I'll get in this time.

How long should it be taking to get into the first race?

I wouldn't bother, I just created a guy and can't get into the first race.

fecks sake. Renders it utterly pointless if the characters keep keep getting reset. I'm gonna leave it till it's patched.

Noticed people are hanging out near cashpoints/atms...

This is fecking appalling. From playing fairly seamlessly for a few hours I now can't get near online and I have a feeling I'm going to have to redo my character and redo all my missions. Utter bullshit

One of two things happened:
1) They tested it, knew there were massive errors, but posted it anyway.
2) They didn't test it, assumed it was fine, and released it.

I can't think they did either of those things. They can't have tested it and it was all fine. If they did then they didn't test it properly at all. They should've postponed it (they postponed the game release enough) for a week and said there were errors they were correcting. As it is now, they've released a half-arsed attempt at an online version, and now they're dealing with millions of complaints, bad press and that's all while trying to fix their errors.

Hadn't crossed my mind until I saw a bunch of dots by the cash point, then they went for me and I bailed...

I give up. It's deleted my character now. Glad I just hit random and spent no time making him.

I might try later but Snatch is on so I might use that for inspiration for when I eventually get online.

Hadn't crossed my mind until I saw a bunch of dots by the cash point, then they went for me and I bailed...

Go on the in game internet and select the money/services option on the bar at the the top of the screen, choose the Maze bank option and you can deposit the money that way.

This is fecking appalling. From playing fairly seamlessly for a few hours I now can't get near online and I have a feeling I'm going to have to redo my character and redo all my missions. Utter bullshit

I can't think they did either of those things. They can't have tested it and it was all fine. If they did then they didn't test it properly at all. They should've postponed it (they postponed the game release enough) for a week and said there were errors they were correcting. As it is now, they've released a half-arsed attempt at an online version, and now they're dealing with millions of complaints, bad press and that's all while trying to fix their errors.

They've been naive about how much demand it would get.

The servers are massively overloaded. From what I can tell if you try and play out of US peak time and when kids get home from school in UK it's alright. I'm just gutted I've not been able to even try it yet.

The sad thing is the beta worked seamlessly but there were max of say 500 people in the whole thing and not all of them on at once. It's all down to server load, I agree that they should have postponed Online go live when they knew how many people had bought the game. I doubt too many people would've complained had it been put back a few weeks if it meant it would all work fine when launched.

Is it worth trying at the moment? I don't have a lot of time to play games so if it will be wasted time i won't bother.

Wish the double sized map was in single player,

There's a patch coming tomorrow that should hopefully fix some issues

They've been naive about how much demand it would get.

The servers are massively overloaded. From what I can tell if you try and play out of US peak time and when kids get home from school in UK it's alright. I'm just gutted I've not been able to even try it yet.

It's all down to server load, I agree that they should have postponed Online go live when they knew how many people had bought the game. I doubt too many people would've complained had it been put back a few weeks if it meant it would all work fine when launched.
I wonder if it is just the servers. Between 2pm and 6pm in America, so no doubt they'll all be on, and that might be it. Annoyingly two of my mates had slight issues with it but are both playing fine now. Why me!

Is it worth trying at the moment? I don't have a lot of time to play games so if it will be wasted time i won't bother.

It's worth trying, but if you can't get on, pack it in. If you can get on it's brilliant.

Go on the in game internet and select the money/services option on the bar at the the top of the screen, choose the Maze bank option and you can deposit the money that way.

Cheers...

A lot of places are reporting uninstalling and reinstalling the patch fixes a lot of issues. Going to give that an attempt. If that doesn't work I'm waiting until next week.

Has anyone else not just had their character deleted but also been kicked from the crew? Just made me send another invitation. What a load of shite.