Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
You'd have thought so, but no.

The game isnt doing anything right now... the guy got off the plane, spoke to the black guy and got dropped at the car bit and all its said now is 'waiting for other players. What the actual feck

Been like that for me every time I've tried. Will give it a proper go on the weekend, as I have a midterm exam coming up with school, so hopefully it'll be fixed by then.

Finally managed to login this morning and complete the race! It went to the screen where it said it was waiting for other racers and counted down. When no one else joined it was just Lamar and myself racing - so not sure if this is something they have changed in order to help people get past the race section?

I didn't have anytime to do anything else before work, but hopefully my character is now saved and I can join you guys soon!

Finally managed to login this morning and complete the race! It went to the screen where it said it was waiting for other racers and counted down. When no one else joined it was just Lamar and myself racing - so not sure if this is something they have changed in order to help people get past the race section?

I didn't have anytime to do anything else before work, but hopefully my character is now saved and I can join you guys soon!
Yeah I ended up only racing lamar in the end.

My character seems to be going awol at times. Sometimes he exists, sometimes he doesn't. I'm sure he will become more of a regular in time. He wasn't there last night which allowed me time to finish off the story mode.

I didn't realise there was an inventory menu - must have missed that part!

Familiarize yourself with the interaction menu

Because you're sharing the world with 15 other players, hitting the pause button in GTA Online doesn't actually pause anything. So if you pull open the overworld map while doing a buck-twenty down the freeway, you're pretty much asking for a nasty accident. Fortunately, Rockstar has a solution for this in the form of the interaction menu.
Hold select or back, and you'll get a little menu in the upper left that lets you create a quick GPS route toward common destinations such as Ammu-Nation, Los Santos Customs, and convenience stores (a great source for early-game cash). It's a handy system that lets you navigate toward specific locations quickly and easily, without ever giving up control of your vehicle or character. The interaction menu can be used for other things, like managing your inventory, but its most useful trait is quick and painless GPS routing.

I tried to get on last night, did the first race (only vs Lamar though) but then it got stuck trying to load whatever is after the race. Slightly disappointed that I still haven't had any proper playtime but others look like they are getting some progress.

Just created my character and have also sent in the request to join the crew.

I tried to get on last night, did the first race (only vs Lamar though) but then it got stuck trying to load whatever is after the race. Slightly disappointed that I still haven't had any proper playtime but others look like they are getting some progress.

I played last night but it said that my progress would not be saved - so had lots of fun, but didn't actually progress my character.

Hopefully when I go back online this evening my character from this morning will still be there. I took a couple of pics (and din't get any error messages that they couldn't upload) but I can't see them online yet on the social club.

Not sure if that means my character isn't actually saved......

But I did take a pic of my character selection screen, so at least I can replicate the settings very easily!

Will someone do me a quick favour and click on my profile (LiamW16), add me as a friend, and when I've accepted, see if you can see my profile. I think it's all set to invisible, but I don't want people seeing the crews I'm in (i.e. you cnuts).

And is anyone up for doing anything online? 360 that is.

I'm on 360 but i've got to do a bit of work right now. Will definitley be on later, hopefully i can be done by like 3 or 4 (might not even take me that long if i'm lucky!)

I got same problem as many otherts, got stuck waiting for players on the race.

Is it running better today?

Is it possible to edit your character? I put no time into creating him and he looks shit.

I'm gonna try a ting as well, probably on around 7/8.... 360. I need to hit rank 5/6

I didn't realise the first race was meant to be against other people? I just raced Lamar and thought that was it!

Is it possible to edit your character? I put no time into creating him and he looks shit.

I had that problem yesterday eve, and thats where it kicked me out.

This morning it worked - went to the screen to wait for others, but then after a counter ticked down I started the race just with Lamar...so hopefully it should work better for you now!

I had that problem yesterday eve, and thats where it kicked me out.

This morning it worked - went to the screen to wait for others, but then after a counter ticked down I started the race just with Lamar...so hopefully it should work better for you now!

Hopefully.

Will probably be on tonight at about 10pm (PS3). I'm away this weekend so want to have a bash before then.

You have two slots that you can save characters to - so you could create a new one. Am not sure if you can edit a created character or not. But I know a number of people have lost their created character - so that might work in your favour!

One tip - if you do spend time with the character creation, and finally manage to choose a face that you are happy with, I recommend taking a pic of the screen that shows your character's settings / family history. That way if you do have to re-create your character (as I did) then at least you don't have to waste any time doing it.

You have two slots that you can save characters to - so you could create a new one. Am not sure if you can edit a created character or not. But I know a number of people have lost their created character - so that might work in your favour!

One tip - if you do spend time with the character creation, and finally manage to choose a face that you are happy with, I recommend taking a pic of the screen that shows your character's settings / family history. That way if you do have to re-create your character (as I did) then at least you don't have to waste any time doing it.

Because people were having issues I just hit random and accepted as I didn;t want to waster time creating one and it deleting. Typically it seems to have saved.

Because people were having issues I just hit random and accepted as I didn;t want to waster time creating one and it deleting. Typically it seems to have saved.

Typical!

I'm happy with my character - a bit more surf dude looking than me...but think thats because I didn't go with the shaved head! I tried that but my guy just looked ill :(

Typical!

I'm happy with my character - a bit more surf dude looking than me...but think thats because I didn't go with the shaved head! I tried that but my guy just looked ill :(

My guy has a bit of a nob head, hipster vibe. So not a million miles away from me :p.

My main concern is he has the emblem for the crew I joined in the newbies and I can't figure out how to change it. I'll probably just create a new guy.

I'm going to wait a while. Been reading people complain about losing their character after putting in hours of game time. No point getting in if your progress isn't saved.

I'm in fine, just says i can't join crew members whenever i try to. (says like failed to find any or whatever)

I see markozindovic, MancunianMagic and thisis_Markus in my session.

waving-bear-o.gif

I've found feck all. I've only tried to do the solo sessions so far, but when some bloke leaves me a car in a cut scene, it goes back to loading and repeats. I'm now stuck on loading.

How've they managed to feck this up so badly?

Me and MancMagic had a police chase there. He was driving while I was trying to take out police choppers with a pistol. He died while driving on the freeway and I was left running through the countryside since the car was fecked trying to evade about 10 cops and a chopper.

I didn't last long.