Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol yeah I've been putting in a lot of practice of late. Seems as though I've kinda hit a hot streak over the last while. Winning a shit load of races these days. I think it's cos I'm doing my utmost to stay the feck out of bumping into anyone. If it happens it happens but I'm not looking to spin anyone nor do I wanna have it happen to me.

That playlist we played the other night is decent, probably doesn't have enough of a final payout at the end for 9 races. It only pays out around 70-80k.

I remember the playlist we did a while back - had a team deathmatch on metal container up in the air, another one on the beach, then a load of races, including the one with ramps all the way along the water.

Was a good laugh that one - definitely varied!!

Yeah I remember that one, the one I was speakign of is just strictly races. Mainly all races that are either full of turns or about tewn minutes long so your eyes are hanging out of your head by the time its over.

Someone could of stated it was only Friday, Saturday for this Double XP rather then this weekend. Was going to give it a good session today but no point now.

I thought it was for the whole weekend too - only found out it wasn't this morning when I did the first mission. Is strange / annoying that they didn't do it for the 2 days - sure they have in the past.

I did a few missions and races yesterday. I even robbed the grocery stores - was getting around 4k per store!

If anyone is looking to build their funds, I did a Coveted playlist last night (only 4 missions) and noticed something.

I usually call the mission up from the menu so do them one at a time - last night was the first time I had done them as a playlist. What takes the most time for me, is driving to Sandy Shores to pick up my buzzard, and then flying back to the cove.

After I completed the first mission, when I started the second, I saw that my buzzard was still there at the cove. I had landed it next to the Cargobob, so it wasn't much use for this mission, but after I finished I flew it back up to the starting point, before going back down to get the cargobob. When I started the 3rd mission, my buzzard was right next to me ready to go.

Not sure if this is a none thing, and I am just slow, but it saves a hell of a lot of time if you are looking to grind the mission.

Out of interest, has anyone managed to kill a shark in GTA 5.

First time I activated the "out of your depth" achievement was by complete random when I was swimming to the boat in one of the earlier missions when you have to escape with Micheal's daughter on the Jetskis.

Since then I have driven with a Jetski and boat way out to sea to try and find a shark and each time, the boat or jet ski just sinks which means you don't really have much chance against the shark with a knife, which I had on my by complete chance. I've not tried with scuba equipment or submarine yet as was hoping you could just try and shoot one from a boat but that does not seem possible unless you can find sharks closer in to land.

GTA sites say you can find sharks off the coast of Blaine County but I have been trying tonight but still the only way I can find one is by driving all the way out on the boat and basically it sinking.

Has anyone managed to kill a shark? Can't find any video on youtube of it happening and only found one close to shore by random doing that earlier mission.

Update looks promising, not sure how much I'll be able to afford. May just look to upgrade apartment and get one of the cars, staying at one property for the time being.

Aim is to have two houses and 20 modded cars, will then have one for each category and such. Be a long time though with the abhorrent cost attached to such an aim :lol:

Update looks promising, not sure how much I'll be able to afford. May just look to upgrade apartment and get one of the cars, staying at one property for the time being.

Aim is to have two houses and 20 modded cars, will then have one for each category and such. Be a long time though with the abhorrent cost attached to such an aim :lol:
For why?

Buy a tank you slag.

Only got 500k so no tank for me! Annoying thing is I'm going to the lakes for a week on Wednesday so will only have the day to piss about with the new stuff.

Any news n heists? I still think they're waiting till June when it comes for PC and next gen :/

They said later this spring for heists - so would guess sometime within the next month and a bit.

I have 2.4m in the bank, so will definitely buy something. I am still tempted to get the Vestra plane.

I'm not too bothered by the new apartments - unless one came with access to a helipad. Would be nice to be able to have Pegasus spawn the buzzard right by your apartment.

Will look at the new super car - if its an improvement stats-wise over the Turismo then I may well get that. The SUV could be interesting - was thinking they added that for heists. Think it might be useful to have some 4+ seater cars.

I actually think that the thing I'm most looking forward to are the 5 new missions!! Who's up for getting online next week to see what they are like?

I'll be on most of the day Tuesday as I'm away for a week after that.

Does anyone have any good races etc bookmarked? I saw Issy doing one 'race' the other day but can't find it on social club - was at Sandy Shores airfield and you had to drive up ramps that went up higher and higher - looked impossible but wouldn't mind trying it.

Does anyone have any good races etc bookmarked? I saw Issy doing one 'race' the other day but can't find it on social club - was at Sandy Shores airfield and you had to drive up ramps that went up higher and higher - looked impossible but wouldn't mind trying it.
Wish I hadn't quit now, forgotten the name to bookmark it!

I'll try find some tomorrow.

Wish I hadn't quit now, forgotten the name to bookmark it!

I'll try find some tomorrow.

Cool - I thought it was Rampas or something like that, but not sure how you search for a specific name on the social club site.

Would be up for doing some of those more random races! I bookmarked a few races earlier today, so will give them a try later.

Are the updates usually released at midnight or is it later on in the morning?

Cheers Damien, would of waited until midnight had it been released.

Just had a quick gander, update hasn't been released yet.

What time do they usually come through?

Have heard rumours that there is a new gold paint job that costs $1m...if true, I guess gold is the new chrome.

Hopefully the 5 new missions are high level missions (which would fit with the high-life update name). Payout over 20k would be nice - even if they take a bit longer to do than Coveted and RR etc.

Looks likes its available now:

Thrust - $75K
Massacro - $275K
Zentorno - $720K
Huntley S - $195K

hKz3JJ8.jpg

I heard a number of people on Xbox are having that problem - seems like the update is separate from the Content. Think Rockstar posted they are fixing it...

Apparently you can get the content update from here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/The-High-Life-Update/4895b284-2e95-4ca5-9598-b6703da13724

But no idea if this is legit etc as have no clue how the Xbox updates work.

Ya, looks like it. New apartments are available from what I can see, but none of the cars or when I go into the store, it doesnt list the high life pack as yet.

Got it on the download, will post some pictures of the new stuff once upgraded in story mode.

Will try to post new apartment as well if I can afford the change.

I read this:

The Mental State stat is f*cking cool! When you kill people or just generally f*ck around in a lobby, your mental state goes up. When it reaches a certain level, you'll become a big red dot on everyone's map, and if someone kills you they get a RP reward.

Ahhhh found a way round it on xbox. The highlife pack doesnt download fully when you start the game. For me anyways.

So at the dashboard goto games> add ons> new releases and the high life pack can be manually downloaded there. 194mb

That's me fecked then, might have to stop killing you so much Swoosh.