Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Garnacho was in the same position & didnt try either. Not all players play like rechargable batteries like park ji sung or mount, some players need to store their stamina & both Garnacho & Rashford knew they wouldnt track back in time. I saw Rashford more defensive than usual yesterday, i remember him defending as the last defender once & covering for Dalot at Lb.

Garnacho didn’t feck up and more often than not he puts in a defensive shift to help out.

Not really sure i see the problem here. Rashford losing the ball up top shouldn’t be a problem, we should be more than capable of defending scenarios like that. However, him doing feck all afterwards is, for a lot of people, one of several reasons for his decline in performances over the years, symptomatic of a player that doesn’t give everything on the pitch.

Garnacho didn’t feck up and more often than not he puts in a defensive shift to help out.

Not really sure i see the problem here. Rashford losing the ball up top shouldn’t be a problem, we should be more than capable of defending scenarios like that. However, him doing feck all afterwards is, for a lot of people, one of several reasons for his decline in performances over the years, symptomatic of a player that doesn’t give everything on the pitch.
Rashford was dribbling forward and his momentum kept him moving forward. For him to track back at that moment would need him to put his breaks on his forward momentum, turn by 180 degrees and then run like Usain Bolt whilst Spurs have a good 5 second advantage.

Anyway, im not pretending he is a hardworker but expecting him to be one under a manager that many know is not good enough in so many different catogeries is beyond delusional. Many supporters would say that they would die for this badge , but ultimately most fans here are possibly obese & have never run like a proffesional football player for 7 mins, never mind 45 or 90. Its just words.

Ten Hags best players at United are his ex Ajax players & players who he has helped break in to the first 11 ie Garnacho, Mainoo & Dalot. Nearly everyone else is playing like shit.

The moment we have a top manager with quality tactics that is getting the best of most of the squad is the moment i analyze players to see if they stick out like a sore thumb. Now everyone is playing shit but people are picking the crappest out of the crap, or the players with high wages / transfer fees like Sancho & Rashford or players with high stature like captain Bruno Fernandes for not being worth it but: note all 3 are not ex ten hag players. I will wait until we get to see if players like Hojlund, Rashford,Bruno, Ugarte, Zirkzee, Amad etc can up their quality under a quality manager.

Peace.

Please use him as an impact sub at this stage. It's like playing with a man less at this stage. He doesn't press, he rarely tracks back, and his general play is too one-dimensional at this stage. Him and Garnacho are too direct, so nobody to hold the ball when needed. Playing Amad on the right and Garnacho improves our general play whilst keeping the ability to be direct when needed.

Please use him as an impact sub at this stage. It's like playing with a man less at this stage. He doesn't press, he rarely tracks back, and his general play is too one-dimensional at this stage. Him and Garnacho are too direct, so nobody to hold the ball when needed. Playing Amad on the right and Garnacho improves our general play whilst keeping the ability to be direct when needed.

he is eve not useful as an impact sub.
When we are chasing for the game, the opponents usually take a lower block which renders he "run behind defender" style useless.
Also, he is kind of person with head down and down his tools when things are not going in our favor, not the best person to score a winning/equalising goal for us.

he is only useful if we are leading against big teams and need to change to a counter attack style

VdV is running at full tilt and is as rapid a centre back as there is in the league Rashford still had to turn and run back I mean he would have still be 20 or 30 yards behind him when Johnson put the ball in the net, apply some critical thinking other than anything can happen

He doesn't need to track VdV - there are other players on the pitch... try and plug some gaps. This isn't critical thinking, this is basic common sense.

Last edited:
Yes that's what I said. He should have tracked back, you still don't get what I said seemingly. It would have been good for him that the fans see him bust a gut even if ultimately it'd have been pointless.
If you can't get it now then there is feck all I can do for you

It's not pointless, he doesn't need to track VdV - just plug some gaps. It's not rocket science. You can always do SOMETHING rather than just give up.

The first goal was not his fault except if we think our attackers should not loose the ball. My criticism of him is well documented, we just need to path ways with him. He needs to go somewhere else to continue his career

You feck up badly, so you attempt to make up for it by giving your best to win the ball back, it doesn't really matter if that's by tracking whoever took the ball off you or by running back to increase the numbers in defense. It's not like losing the ball in that position should result in an open highway towards our goal, the gist of it is that it's an attitude thing, maybe you won't win the ball back or be of any help in that specific situation, but more often than not you will help out if you consistently display that attitude.

Absolutely. @kouroux just doesn't get this. To me, him giving up set the tone for the rest of the game. .

£300,000 per week, clinging onto his dwindling fan club.

He know’s he’d never get away with it at another club ….he’s going nowhere.

he is eve not useful as an impact sub.
When we are chasing for the game, the opponents usually take a lower block which renders he "run behind defender" style useless.
Also, he is kind of person with head down and down his tools when things are not going in our favor, not the best person to score a winning/equalising goal for us.

he is only useful if we are leading against big teams and need to change to a counter attack style
Last sentence is sort of what I meant. That being said, at his best he has a capacity for scoring some long range screamers that can prove useful.

Rashford was dribbling forward and his momentum kept him moving forward. For him to track back at that moment would need him to put his breaks on his forward momentum, turn by 180 degrees and then run like Usain Bolt whilst Spurs have a good 5 second advantage.

Anyway, im not pretending he is a hardworker but expecting him to be one under a manager that many know is not good enough in so many different catogeries is beyond delusional. Many supporters would say that they would die for this badge , but ultimately most fans here are possibly obese & have never run like a proffesional football player for 7 mins, never mind 45 or 90. Its just words.

Ten Hags best players at United are his ex Ajax players & players who he has helped break in to the first 11 ie Garnacho, Mainoo & Dalot. Nearly everyone else is playing like shit.

The moment we have a top manager with quality tactics that is getting the best of most of the squad is the moment i analyze players to see if they stick out like a sore thumb. Now everyone is playing shit but people are picking the crappest out of the crap, or the players with high wages / transfer fees like Sancho & Rashford or players with high stature like captain Bruno Fernandes for not being worth it but: note all 3 are not ex ten hag players. I will wait until we get to see if players like Hojlund, Rashford,Bruno, Ugarte, Zirkzee, Amad etc can up their quality under a quality manager.

Peace.
Dribbling forward, don't be silly. He has a heavy touch and as soon as he sees he won't get to the ball first he just pulls out of the situation and continues jogging forward. He mentally checks out out the challenge. Instead of continuing forward he can block the path out wide in an attempt to challenge for the ball, he can even commit a cynical foul, instead he opts for the worst alternative which is doing feck all. No idea why people are so eager to act as if it's not an overall problem.

Dribbling forward, don't be silly. He has a heavy touch and as soon as he sees he won't get to the ball first he just pulls out of the situation and continues jogging forward. He mentally checks out out the challenge. Instead of continuing forward he can block the path out wide in an attempt to challenge for the ball, he can even commit a cynical foul, instead he opts for the worst alternative which is doing feck all. No idea why people are so eager to act as if it's not an overall problem.

Exactly this. Commiting to the challenge would have slowed VdV down and possibly allowed Garnacho, who was right behind, to catch up. Together they could have hustled the ball away from VdV and continued the attack. Hypothetical scenario for sure but this is how we keep getting overrun by Tottenham and others. Opposition players commit to pressing defenders/midfielders, win the ball and catch us out of position.

There has to be a reason he keeps playing. Its not normal. He played 43 times last season for example- despite being absolutely terrible. Here we go again this season, 9 games under his belt already.

How do you make sense of one of our better attackers this year, Diallo, being on the bench, while rashford stinks the place up week in week out, setting the tone from the front. Some misguided idea that it will just click? Or that he's 'good in transitions.' None of this is true, he's almost always offside, and almost always makes the wrong decision when he doesnt manage to run it out of play. The quality and simple intelligence from johnson and kulusevski yesterday was painful to watch, and neither are world beating talents.

It’s now more sensible to compare his career with Balotelli than anyone that’s had a great career.

He’s had one great season, and a few where he’s sparkled a bit. But he’s in his 9th full professional season. He’s just being asked to attack a full back and create. To not have Porro on toast, with his skillet, is a crime.

Porro plays so high, Rashford showed little effort in following him into the final third, and there were loads of opportunities to run into the space behind him.

He looks utterly done against decent opposition.

I wish him all the best but he should leave Manchester United. Staying here is not good for him and not for the club. There should be some kind of financial agreement which allows him to leave for max. 50 Mio and not more than 150-200k / week at his new club as this is probably what's his realistic value is.

The comments around Rashford fouling VdV or somehow chasing back after him despite heading full pace in the other direction really do show how few people actually understand football.

The error by Rashford in that incident is in thinking Garnacho is going to pick up his pass (which he should have done really), he then hesitates for a fraction of a second, which is enough time for VdV to get the ball and be away. Not a major issue and not one which should have led to a goal, if the midfield and defence hadn’t let VdV cut through without anyone even getting close to tackling him.

It’s now more sensible to compare his career with Balotelli than anyone that’s had a great career.

He’s had one great season, and a few where he’s sparkled a bit. But he’s in his 9th full professional season. He’s just being asked to attack a full back and create. To not have Porro on toast, with his skillet, is a crime.

Porro plays so high, Rashford showed little effort in following him into the final third, and there were loads of opportunities to run into the space behind him.

He looks utterly done against decent opposition.
I won't put it all on Rashford but as a senior pro who is a local lad and has come through the academy, you'd expect so much more effort when he plays. I've always said, he's never been great with his decision making and it shows in most matches. He's not good enough to start for us, he shouldn't start for us but ETH will stick with him.

His inability to retain the ball, create, score, track a runner, it's just not there and in truth I don't think he's ever been as good as people made him out to be when he was a youngster. Like all our young talents, we make them out to be superstars far too early.

Mainoo and Garnacho are two others who may go the same way if we're not careful. Both are hugely talented but at this stage it's still very much potential. Fortunately they are still committed on the pitch and hopefully will remain that way.

The comments around Rashford fouling VdV or somehow chasing back after him despite heading full pace in the other direction really do show how few people actually understand football.

The error by Rashford in that incident is in thinking Garnacho is going to pick up his pass (which he should have done really), he then hesitates for a fraction of a second, which is enough time for VdV to get the ball and be away. Not a major issue and not one which should have led to a goal, if the midfield and defence hadn’t let VdV cut through without anyone even getting close to tackling him.

But that's not what happens, at all. Rashford never changes his pace or hesitates, he continues in the same direction and pace. Garnacho looks up, sees that Rashford is continuing for the ball, so he changes his position and goes for the run in behind instead.

This is literally the second when Rashford sees he's not getting to the ball first and where he stops running and starts jogging, i have honestly absolutely no understanding whatsoever how it's a case of not being able to understand football to think that Rashford can foul him.

Skjermbilde-2024-09-30-131252.jpg

He's a brand, not a footballer. Another "Nike Brand Ambassador" who regularly doesn't do what it says on the label like Raducanu and McIllroy.

£350k a week for playing well against Barnsley.

A total of 84 PL goals in 278 appearances. Cole Palmer is already on a third of that after only 58 games.

When this is the career output of your highest paid player, is it any surprise we've become a mid table team under ten Hag.

But that's not what happens, at all. Rashford never changes his pace or hesitates, he continues in the same direction and pace. Garnacho looks up, sees that Rashford is continuing for the ball, so he changes his position and goes for the run in behind instead.

This is literally the second when Rashford sees he's not getting to the ball first and where he stops running and starts jogging, i have honestly absolutely no understanding whatsoever how it's a case of not being able to understand football to think that Rashford can foul him.

As you show in that picture, Rashford is clearly getting to the ball second in that scenario. Yes, he could dive in and foul VdV but that would be stupid - he’d pick up a yellow card in a non-dangerous situation near the touchline in the Spurs’ half. You are only saying he should have fouled him because VdV then ran through our entire team - at that precise moment in time, it would have clearly been the wrong decision.

As you show in that picture, Rashford is clearly getting to the ball second in that scenario. Yes, he could dive in and foul VdV but that would be stupid - he’d pick up a yellow card in a non-dangerous situation near the touchline in the Spurs’ half. You are only saying he should have fouled him because VdV then ran through our entire team - at that precise moment in time, it would have clearly been the wrong decision.

He doesn't have to dive in and make it obvious, he just needs to change direction and commit to the challenge. We're literally counter attacking after a situation where Tottenham have the vast majority of their players high up on our half, it doesn't take much to understand that the advantage can quickly change if you lose the ball. He doesn't even fight for it, he sees he's not getting to it first and he just jogs on without making it difficult for the Tottenham player

1. He doesn't even bother to fight for the ball, he actually starts jogging before VdV has touched the ball - at least do something to delay an attack.
2. He gives up and doesn't bother tracking back - he doesn't need to track VdV, just be a body in the box and show some fight.

both are inexcusable.

He doesn't need to track VdV - there are other players on the pitch... try and plug some gaps. This isn't critical thinking, this is basic common sense.

What gap genuinely, if you think he can run from one end to the other and one side of the pitch to the other in time to stop that goal going in I mean clearly you're wrong.

If you say the touch that allowed the defender to step in was horrific you'd be correct, if you said he could have grab the shirt a little bit and took the foul I'd also agree, but the notion he could've effected the play in any way after losing the ball in terms of getting back in and stopping the goal outside of a foul on VdV is asinine

1. He doesn't even bother to fight for the ball, he actually starts jogging before VdV has touched the ball - at least do something to delay an attack.
2. He gives up and doesn't bother tracking back - he doesn't need to track VdV, just be a body in the box and show some fight.

both are inexcusable.
It's as simple as that, that's his main problem these last few years. Absolutely no fight in him at all

What gap genuinely, if you think he can run from one end to the other and one side of the pitch to the other in time to stop that goal going in I mean clearly you're wrong.

If you say the touch that allowed the defender to step in was horrific you'd be correct, if you said he could have grab the shirt a little bit and took the foul I'd also agree, but the notion he could've effected the play in any way after losing the ball in terms of getting back in and stopping the goal outside of a foul on VdV is asinine

You have the benefit on hindsight.

VdV still has 60 odd yards to run - don't you think he should try and help his teammates by tracking some of the other runners? In that moment there is still soo much left to do before a goal is scored. Maybe the goal still happens, but doing something is better than nothing.

Either way it doesn't really matter. It's a mentality thing, you either have it or you don't, it's an overall issue with Rashford and not a single situation where the outcome depends on a lot of factors.

It's not pointless, he doesn't need to track VdV - just plug some gaps. It's not rocket science. You can always do SOMETHING rather than just give up.
You slept on it and still don't understand what I said. For the upteenth time, he should have tracked yes even it'd have been pointless :lol: Ain't no way he was gonna prevent the goal in this instance.
Like I said before, if you can't get that then leave me alone please

@NotChatGPT This is as simple as what you posted

dont be silly, watch the spurs highlights & watch how Vdv intercepts the ball & goes past Rashford all in one first touch! Rashford would have to go in with a double stud up jumping tackles like the olypimcs & he isnt even facing the same direction. Your acting like Vdv took some touches and dribbles when all vdv does is intercept a loose ball that came off Rashford himself & runs past him with 1 first touch completely past him.

You slept on it and still don't understand what I said. For the upteenth time, he should have tracked yes even it'd have been pointless :lol: Ain't no way he was gonna prevent the goal in this instance.

Tracking back to help your teammates is never pointless. Stop making excuses.

dont be silly, watch the spurs highlights & watch how Vdv intercepts the ball & goes past Rashford all in one first touch! Rashford would have to go in with a double stud up jumping tackles like the olypimcs & he isnt even facing the same direction. Your acting like Vdv took some touches and dribbles when all vdv does is intercept a loose ball that came off Rashford himself & runs past him with 1 first touch.

Jesus fecking christ. Rashford gives up on the ball way before the Tottenham player gets a touch on it. The below picture is the exact moment Rashford stops running for it. There's no problem whatsoever to adjust his direction towards to make contact with the defender and challenge for the ball without resorting to red card fouls, and at worst picking up a yellow card.

I think his point is fair though. It’s not about this goal. It’s about how Rashford making no effort to try and make up for what was his own poor mistake speaks volumes. This isn’t about appeasing fans. It’s about a footballer who just doesn’t seem to care when he’s dumped his own team mates in the shit by losing the ball so cheaply. Which is a horrible attitude. And this is a great example of his shitty attitude.

Him tracking back would not have stopped the goal as things panned out but it would have shown he cares about atoning for his errors and potentially influenced things in our favour if someone else slowed VdV down enough for Rashford to catch up and help out.

I think his point is fair though. It’s not about this goal. It’s about how Rashford making no effort to try and make up for what was his own poor mistake speaks volumes. This isn’t about appeasing fans. It’s about a footballer who just doesn’t seem to care when he’s dumped his own team mates in the shit by losing the ball so cheaply. Which is a horrible attitude. And this is a great example of his shitty attitude.

Him tracking back would not have stopped the goal as things panned out but it would have shown he cares about atoning for his errors and potentially influenced things in our favour if someone else slowed VdV down enough for Rashford to catch up and help out.
Your 2nd paragraph is exactly what I have been saying about the particular sequence.

I think his point is fair though. It’s not about this goal. It’s about how Rashford making no effort to try and make up for what was his own poor mistake speaks volumes. This isn’t about appeasing fans. It’s about a footballer who just doesn’t seem to care when he’s dumped his own team mates in the shit by losing the ball so cheaply. Which is a horrible attitude.

I’m not convinced I’d regard it as a poor mistake. He nips in at full speed to stop a Spurs counter and there’s then confusion between him and Garnacho.

I’d agree though that it would have been preferable had they both starting running back, whereas my memory is that they were looking at each other discussing what had gone wrong. My point was that whether Rashford or Garnacho had done so was completely irrelevant though to the goal, as neither was in any position to prevent what then happened.

It’s just an awful goal to give away from so many perspectives. I’d probably say Dalot was most blameworthy as he was tracking Johnson and then inexplicably stopped leaving him on his own at the back-post but Zirkzee and Mainoo are possibly the only two players who were completely uninvolved.

Jesus fecking christ. Rashford gives up on the ball way before the Tottenham player gets a touch on it. The below picture is the exact moment Rashford stops running for it. There's no problem whatsoever to adjust his direction towards to make contact with the defender and challenge for the ball without resorting to red card fouls, and at worst picking up a yellow card.

That was genuinely pathetic, imagine being on 300k a week and caring so little about your job. Should be sold in January no matter what