2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Aided by some poor goalkeeping tonight

Tracking back for their first goal (or lack of) was usual for him. Their fullback had the freedom of the park to put the cross in under zero pressure because he decided to do a half arsed jog.

Injury? He was very good the first half
He didn't look injured at the end of first half. I assume it's part of a strange, pre-defined rotation principe.
I think Rashford and Nacho shared 45minutes today because they will start on Sunday.

I agree that he is rotated now, but the timing of his rests have been strange so far this season.

Aided by some poor goalkeeping tonight

Tracking back for their first goal (or lack of) was usual for him. Their fullback had the freedom of the park to put the cross in under zero pressure because he decided to do a half arsed jog.
Never mind him beating the men to get the shot off? Obviously we aren't going to praise anything actually good and continue to whinge about every negative.

Thought he was a lot better going forward today, still needs to improve the other side.

Assume he was injured?

Doubt he got hauled off on the account of him being his usual self, especially not at half time.

Goal and an assist aside, which were both goalkeeper mistakes, i still think his overall play is poor.

Was good in the attacking third and shite in the defensive third.

First attack he had, he chose to dribble down a blind alley rather than shoot. His next dribble was really good, got a bit of luck with some poor keeping from Costa. Nice assist for Hojlund. then went on a lovely dribble got a little bit of luck with a ball deflected back to him, but again made the wrong choice.

He then has a hand in both the goals we conceded. With him watching his man run pass him to put the cross in on the first goal and then putting in a half arsed block on the second.

We were no better defending that side without him.

Yup. He played well tonight. On and off the ball. So of course the Gods conspire to injure him. And equally predictably you’ll get posters who’ve been rinsing him all season desperately trying to deny the possibility he might play a decent 45 minutes. Something I always find really strange.

Jesus Christ. He wasn’t injured. Well, good news for Sunday I guess.

Rotation sub. I'm not fans of rashford but that is mental.

Agreed.

Good footwork from Rashford for his goal, but it was a howler from the keeper.

No way you can take someone causing the opposition problems off at half-time. Amad would have made more sense to be replaced. Erik just signed his own death warrant.

The way he ambles about when out of possession makes it hard to rely on him even when he’s scoring.

Presume it will be Rashford and Garnacho starting Sunday then, hence neither getting more than 45 minutes tonight.

Aided by some very poor keeping, but fair play it worked.

Defensively still a liability. Really didn’t mind the substitution - Garnacho dribbled and ran into bodies, so pretty much did the same as Rashford would have anyway.

It's not when you compare him to say, Martinelli, Diaz, Gordon, etc. They do both and Rashford still doesn't match their attacking output.
Listen call me old fashioned I just want my attackers to attack effectively, anything else is a bonus...

As I said above, i bet it was defined before the match that Garnacho and Rashford will share 45 minutes.
Rotation is fine, but that's twice in a row that ETH benches him after he was on fire. Makes no sense to me.

Not to mention that also Bruno should become part of a Rotation circle and not always stink up the place every minute.

It was rotation, WTF? One of the most bizarre subs I’ve ever seen.

The sooner this manager goes the better.

Rotation sub. I'm no fan of rashford but that is mental.
This surely has to be a blatant lie from Ten Hag. Subbing for rotation at half time in a game that's 2-2?

My guess is there was a bust up at half time, Ten Hag has had a go at his defensive play and Rashford has had a go back at him.

It's not when you compare him to say, Martinelli, Diaz, Gordon, etc. They do both and Rashford still doesn't match their attacking output.
Rashford has twice the numbers of Martinelli this calenar year. He has more goal contributions this season than Gordon.

No way you would blame one of these for "not preventing two crosses" after they scored and assisted.

This surely has to be a blatant lie from Ten Hag. Subbing for rotation at half time in a game that's 2-2?

My guess is there was a bust up at half time, Ten Hag has had a go at his defensive play and Rashford has had a go back at him.
Yeah I don’t think I saw him on the bench after.

Listen call me old fashioned I just want my attackers to attack effectively, anything else is a bonus...
That's fair enough, I wouldn't say that's quite Rashford at the moment, but tonight was a good indication he's on the right path forward from an attacking stand point. He still seems really unpolished and not fully into gear, which I hope will be Sunday. I also pray they okay Konsa RB, so he doesn't have to track back as much and I think he has him on toast.

Our only attacker who looks dangerous, scored and created another, came off at half time and with it our entire threat.

Redcafe response: doesn’t defend well enough.

Sorry but the game changes after conceding the lead. It's harder for wide players when attacking deeper defences than running into space as the opposition pushes for goals.

Rashford was good going forward, but also allowed too much freedom to the opposition and cost us two goals. He's not Messi or Ronaldo. He needs to help out.