Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
It worries me that some people thought he was decent tonight. He wasn’t terrible but it was just, well, very average.

I suppose our expectations are so low with him, tonight could look like a decent performance.

It worries me that some people thought he was decent tonight. He wasn’t terrible but it was just, well, very average.

I suppose our expectations are so low with him, tonight could look like a decent performance.

I just appreciated that he looked sharper and more explosive running with the ball. Because at the beginning of the year that looked completely out of his game.

Night of wayward passes, running into dead ends, shooting off players legs. Pretty typical display from him these days
Are we talking about Rashford or the team generally here?

I thought he took on his man with pretty good success rate tonight, there just seems to be no chemistry with this team to time runs or passes into the box, and it’s literally with all the players not just Rashford.

At one point I saw a poster criticising Rashford for not running in at the back post to attack a cross, then just after he beat his man and put in a great ball with Amad being nowhere near it at the back post. It’s tactical surely because it looks the same regardless of who is playing.

That was actually a decent enough performance. Not the kind of performance you pay however much we're paying him for, but a decent one nonetheless.

More confident, looked sharper but very wasteful. No quality in his final ball or decision making.

Looked a different player tonight, reminded me of his early days. Some great moments and a desire to run with the ball. Hope to see more of it, never too late for a player to rediscover some form.

Looked lively at least but some of his passing attempts are shocking, not even close to reach the target.
But the nutmegs are fun to watch

If are expecting Marcus to his the touchline and square balls then we need a striker in the box that's going to try and put himself into a goalscoring position.

He's an average run of the mill Premier League winger/forward. The like you see play week in week out for every midtable and lower level club in the league.

Just have to accept that and judge his performances accordingly . Also have to ignore that the club is paying him Salah/Haaland money

Its not quite obviously since Garnacho is far more dangerous playing the same position and Rashford did the same thing under Ole
It quite obviously is, please check your eyes next time. Garnacho just has the work rate of a demon so he’s able to constantly get up and down the pitch but the way our build up structure works relies on the wingers constantly staying wide while the fullbacks invert.

It quite obviously is, please check your eyes next time. Garnacho just has the work rate of a demon so he’s able to constantly get up and down the pitch but the way our build up structure works relies on the wingers constantly staying wide while the fullbacks invert.
You should use your eyes. Whats wrong with wingers staying wide? Does that mean Rashford should not to make runs beyond his fullback and come deep to get the ball to switch play every time?

Why reply to my post to talk nonsense?
Both Amad and Garnacho make those runs and Rashford does not.

Still not his biggest fan but at least he looked confident. That has been lacking for over a year now so it’s great to see him play with some flair. I think his passing was largely awful though but that’s him in a nutshell!

Last night proves he can try. The fact he's self evidentially selective in when he does and doesn't give a toss, is damning.