Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
You know what? Honestly it's not even his fault, he's shit but I couldn't even be arsed criticizing him anymore because he's being selected despite that. It's not his fault.

Who is performing under Ten Hag?

Who has been good enough for a PL league winning team under the coaching of Ten Hags 3 years here?

If Rashford was the part of 3 odd players under performing then I'd be like fine - this guy is sticking out like a sore thumb; but the fact is that he is a bunch of 23 players or more that is underperforming under Ten Hag.

If it wasnt for Rashford's inflated wages then people would be talking about him the same way the majority of the squad is being talked about.

His mood maybe looking poor but he is currently in poor form alongside 23 other players so i don't see why he should be happy and dancing either.

He has never been an Antony in terms of work ethic but neither has Antony ever been a Rashford in terms of output - so this thought that we should be picking players purely on mood and work rate is rubbish too because this has arguably what Ten Hag has done here at united : buying players like Mount, Antony, Onana, purely for their mindset that they actual ability to play football.
Bruno, Dalot and Mainoo did very well last year. Hojlund had quite a good first year especially in Europe. Maguire had a solid redemption arc. Garnacho did well for his age. Rashford was crap.

Why are Rashford’s wages not important? If McTominay was paid 500K, he’d be seen as a bigger problem than if he’s paid 80K. That’s just an essential part of managing a team and running a football club and it’s silly to ignore it. He’s paid a fortune for being bang average and given he’s still got some market value, we should get rid.

Who has been good enough for a PL league winning team under the coaching of Ten Hags 3 years here?
I know I’m replying again but I just realised how little sense this question makes. Why are you setting the standard as “PL winning team”? To put everyone in the same bucket as Rashford and hence pretend there isn’t an issue.

As I said he’s paid a fortune and for over a year has been among our worst performers. That’s an alarming situation for any football club.

He has been awful again, as he has been the last 18 months.

The only improvement I can see are some Hollywood balls and some crosses.

Worrying that his departure wasn't prioritized (even though the best time was last summer to sell). His stock is going to get lower, while we still spend tons on his wages.

One of the earliest red flags was this idea that a right-footed wide forward , somehow, could not play on the right side of the pitch. To this day I still don't see why it's acceptable that he looks twice as dreadful on the right than he does the left, other than the fact that he really dislikes not being able to cut inside as often so therefore he makes even less of an effort (even by his standards) until he's transferred back.

We don't even notice that kind of nonsense now. We just accept it. Even those who defend him every week as "decent" whilst accusing the rest of us of having an "agenda" if we disagree, will openly admit he's manure on the right. I don't get it. He may have to adapt his game a bit on the right, but why is anyone playing 400 times for United with that basic ask being apparently completely beyond him? I mean good lord we're not asking him to play in goal or put in a 7.5 hour shift in accounts.

Forwards in midfield, midfielders up top, left-footed full-backs being played on the right, central defenders pushed out wide, midfielders dropping deep.

These scenarios are never ideal, but when they happen nobody is surprised when the world isn't set alight but you still expect a basic level of effort and performance. Rashford gets played on the right and re-enacts Harry Enfield's stroppy teenager, throwing his arms around in a huff with a body language that screams "THIS IS SO UNFAIR, I HATE YOU" - and the thing most fans have accepted about reality is that it's fine because everyone knows Rashford doesn't like to play on the right, so if he does and is crap it's somehow the (any) manager's fault for asking him to do so.

Last edited:
I don't have the words to describe how trash he's become. A truly nothing player. Let's all remember his wages because it's unacceptable how 2 crosses in an entire are getting praised when the general performance has been abysmal.

Two great crosses. Seems to have lost his pace, easy to disposses and unable to get past players. Seems to have forgotten how to get into the right areas in the box.

he is suffering from the same decline michael owen got at a similar age - we should get rid of him hiven that it is not just a poor form, it is an irreversible decline

I don't have the words to describe how trash he's become. A truly nothing player. Let's all remember his wages because it's unacceptable how 2 crosses in an entire are getting praised when the general performance has been abysmal.
Yea, the wage and status means he should be a leader in attack. He is far from it unfortunately when watching performances.

Rashford is a purely a luxury player. Doesn’t help out in defence and cant take on players.

Garnacho on left is far better in tracking back. Better at taking on the full back as well and works hard. Can also play on right side

Salah was "quiet" yesterday and he still managed 2 assists and 1 goal. Rashford is afraid to take players on :lol:
That moment where he didnt even try in the second half, turned and it ended up with the cb's and there were boo's was quite something.

Yes, he did put in two good crosses, one at least should have been scored. but other than that, its not good enough. And hasnt been for a long time.

Will be his last season at the club.

His career has stagnated and I don't think he's that bothered in all honesty. Needs dropping for the short term and selling asap.

Will be his last season at the club.

His career has stagnated and I don't think he's that bothered in all honesty. Needs dropping for the short term and selling asap.
Stagnated is being kind. This version of Rashford we've seen in the last 18 months is worse than the kid that broke through.

I'm starting to think he must have something in his contract that says he must start as long as he is fit, because it hasn't made sense at all for him to start for a while now. Ten Hag surely can't be this daft right?
I have read that there have been cases of players having this condition in their contracts before so it's not impossible.

I'm starting to think he must have something in his contract that says he must start as long as he is fit, because it hasn't made sense at all for him to start for a while now. Ten Hag surely can't be this daft right?
I have read that there have been cases of players having this condition in their contracts before so it's not impossible.

Except he looks like he doesn’t actually want to play when he’s out there.

Should have had 2 assists yesterday. Don't think he was good but he at least did something.

Ok. But what about the rest of the game. How many times did he go down the left only to turn back and either lose the ball or end up doing nothing with it.

2 mediocre passes is hardly an acceptable return.

£375,000 a week.

That is all that should matter, he is the highest paid player at the club and there are only 3 players in the entire league who make as much/more than him. Kevin de Bruyne, Mohamed Salah and Erling Haaland.

Our fanbase is an absolute joke where the standard have dropped so low, that 2 crosses are enough for folks to think the player had a "good" game. Rashford has been a complete embarrassment for multiple seasons now, and rewarding him with that contract will go down as one of the worst investments we have made in the last decade. Absolute waste of space.

I get the impression that Rashford has downed tools as much as anything, i just dont think he gets on or understands ten hags system and it has destroyed all confidence, we may still have a player in there somewhere, i just don't think you'll see it until we get a proper manager and coaching staff.

Ok. But what about the rest of the game. How many times did he go down the left only to turn back and either lose the ball or end up doing nothing with it.

I agree. I said he wasn't good, and he hasn't been good enough for a long time. And should be dropped. But he also could have easily had two assists yesterday, so at least he did something. Which is all my point was. Others on the pitch did far less yesterday.

It’s been obvious for a long time that Marcus isn’t good enough for a club like Man Utd.

I think it would have been difficult shifting him on in the past, due to him being an academy player and being made into the face of the club. I think the club would have feared a fan back clash.

But now with his performances Marcus is making it so much easier for Ineos to move him on. Most fans are fed up and want him gone.

It will probably be best for him too. He looks depressed out there.

His salary is similar to sanchos, so I don’t think that would be an issue.

Must go this summer, regardless of what happens between now and the summer.

I agree. I said he wasn't good, and he hasn't been good enough for a long time. And should be dropped. But he also could have easily had two assists yesterday, so at least he did something. Which is all my point was. Others on the pitch did far less yesterday.

Yes ok.

2 mediocre passes? Could you be anymore biased. If Zirkzee could finish we would have had two goals because of him and who knows what would happen then.

All the moaning last season about our wingers not being able to create chances for our forwards and Rashford has created at least three absolute sitters so far yet that's not good enough.

Should he perhaps be getting on the end of his own crosses?

He has played well this season has made great runs that haven't been found and created more than enough opportunities that we should not be sitting where we are.

Bruno has been a much bigger problem but he's getting a pass because he looks like he runs more?

People booed Garnacho being subbed off yesterday even though he was absolutely invisible all game while Rashford was trying to make things happen.

Rashford is just an easy target for disgruntled fans who don't even watch what he's doing.

rashi and garnacho were both invisible but garnacho was marked by 2 players most of the time while rashi by one only . Effort is the absolute minimum requirement, rashi looks tired all the time, no runs behind, not taking man on at all. I thought rashi would be subbed off, garnacho shifted to left wing with Amad to right but eth and coaching staff obviously thought otherwise.

Is he even a winger anymore if he doesn't want to take on defenders? Maybe needs to be a striker option instead, not that he'll be good at that either but it's clearly not working from left wing anymore.

2 mediocre passes? Could you be anymore biased. If Zirkzee could finish we would have had two goals because of him and who knows what would happen then.

All the moaning last season about our wingers not being able to create chances for our forwards and Rashford has created at least three absolute sitters so far yet that's not good enough.

He has played well this season has made great runs that haven't been found and created more than enough opportunities that we should not be sitting where we are.

Bruno has been a much bigger problem but he's getting a pass because he looks like he runs more?

People booed Garnacho being subbed off yesterday even though he was absolutely invisible all game while Rashford was trying to make things happen.

Rashford is just an easy target for disgruntled fans who don't even watch what he's doing.

Should he be getting on the end of his own crosses. Silly thing to say...

He has played well this season... now who is biased.

he's only 26 no way his pace should have deserted him already. Looks absolutely shot of any confidence - that moment he was 1v1 and turned back and it ended up with our back 4. Ten Hag seems to be hoping Rashford version 2022-23 magically appears at some point if he keeps playing him. Even ETH must be thinking of dropping him. Sometimes a spell on the sidelines can do a player good.

he's only 26 no way his pace should have deserted him already. Looks absolutely shot of any confidence - that moment he was 1v1 and turned back and it ended up with our back 4. Ten Hag seems to be hoping Rashford version 2022-23 magically appears at some point if he keeps playing him. Even ETH must be thinking of dropping him. Sometimes a spell on the sidelines can do a player good.

Or maybe ETH is happy with the way he’s playing/it’s what he’s asked him to do? Perhaps he isn’t that happy but it’s still closer to what he wants than the other options are managing?

I agree though - I’ve seen no suggestion his pace has gone (at least not to any great extent). I’d much prefer to see him taking chances to get down the wing rather than trying to recycle possession.

Worrying that his departure wasn't prioritized (even though the best time was last summer to sell).
We had a golden opportunity to sell him after World Cup. His market rate hit all time high and we all knew it likely was a short flash of brightness. We could have bought two quality players for the money received from selling Rash at that time:(

I highly doubt his pace his gone. I think it's more his confidence and edge is gone. It's going on too long now. I think he needs to be subbed for a while and play a little bit here and there. Sometime when he comes on he might change a game and little things like that might get his edge back.

He reminds me of Rocky in Rocky 3, Ten Hag needs to be a Apollo type influence to get the eye of the tiger back. Duh duh duh, duh duh duh.... or ask Vidic to bring him to Russia in the snowy mountains. I know he's not Russian but you get where I'm coming from.

I agree Rashford’s performances have been better this season. Dropping him would be a crazy idea. Especially with Garnacho playing so poorly, in attack and defence.

Although it’s still incredibly depressing how big a gulf there is between the Rashford we’re watching this season and what we should expect from the most important, high status goalscorer at a club like Manchester United.

• 0 shots on target
  • 0 goals
  • 0 assists
If you measure his improvement by him looking not half arsed as he was over the past few seasons, then yeah, he has improved. He only plays because Garnacho is probably in a worse form than he is.

Needs to do a lot more than 2 good crosses.

Garnacho was bad for 60 minutes. Rashford has been bad for 18 months.

I agree Rashford was better on the day but the booing is understandable given MR seems to get a free pass for the last 18 months but the moment Garna has a bad game he’s hooked.

Yes I’m well aware Rashford has previously been subbed. But it’s few and far between

Theres a strong case for Garnacho and Amad to be starting games be ETH has persevered with MR as a starter in the first few games. At what point does he get dropped for a long period. Perhaps then he might start to show a bit more

Perhaps this is MRs level and he just had one exceedingly good purple patch.

Been saying this for a while. Rumour had it that Ronaldo had certain conditions in his contract about playing time. Wouldn't be daft to think that Murtough went and done the same for Rashfords contract.

Remember Rashford getting pissed in Belfast and was too hungover to train? He then started next game. That in itself tells me something ain't right. His appalling form for last 18 months hasn't been rewarded with him being dropped. Quite incredible really.

https://
x.com/StretfordPaddck/status/1830667004363030840

When are we getting this Rashford back and no meme'ing, try to be serious once. It's so worrying how bad his decline has been and we haven't found out why.