Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Could, probably should be on 3 assists in 3 games. Set up 2 sitters for Zirkzee and selflessly squared a tap in for Garnacho to miss an open net.

Also nutmegged a Brighton player for Mounts effort to be saved by the keeper.

Rashfords performances have been vilified for the sake of it. I feel sorry for people making dim conclusions from isolated stats.
HIs chance for Garnacho was poor though, he needs to do better with that pass. The other 2 were good, should have at least 1 assist. 3 chances in 3 games is not great though.

He seems to be adverse to getting his head down and applying himself; preferring instead to embark on a series of PR offenses. I don't get it. Nobody is asking the world. Just look and play like you care. Even losing his place with England hasn't motivated him. He's not arsed. He's a complete grifter.

The match against Brighton, he saw his number on the board about to be subbed. Suddenly over on the touchline on the far side of the pitch, in a nothing position, he's working his nuts off to get the ball for the final 10 seconds on the pitch. An effort level that again miraculously eluded him for the rest of the time he was on the pitch. He knew he was going off so he put in an effort before he was subbed.

Everything about him is entirely performative.

He seems to be adverse to getting his head down and applying himself; preferring instead to embark on a series of PR offenses. I don't get it. Nobody is asking the world. Just look and play like you care. Even losing his place with England hasn't motivated him. He's not arsed. He's a complete grifter.

The match against Brighton, he saw his number on the board about to be subbed. Suddenly over on the touchline on the far side of the pitch, in a nothing position, he's working his nuts off to get the ball for the final 10 seconds on the pitch. An effort level that again miraculously eluded him for the rest of the time he was on the pitch. He knew he was going off so he put in an effort before he was subbed.

Everything about him is entirely performative.

This is true, and I can't imagine that his attitude is good for overall team morale. When he was finally dropped to the bench last year, it seemed like he was actively antagonizing the manager - to see just how little effort he could get away with. I see him currently as the last of the troublesome group of players that remain in the team, that put their own PR image in front of the team (Lingard, Pogba, more recently Sancho). It's unfortunate due to his talent, but I would rather have a slightly less talented player that works hard for the team and respects the club instead of what Rashford is currently acting like. Rashford should be an example to the core of young players that we are building but his current form and mainly attitude is a negative influence on the team. Everyone should be working hard for each other/the team and it seems he looks at himself as above that.

ETH should hire some PR guys on how hard he is working on tactics for the next game without any rest. Rashy can provide referrals.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...marcus-rashford-during-international-29895552

After a draining beginning to the campaign, it would have been easy for Rashford to jet off to warmer climes to clear his head before the Premier League returns at the weekend. Instead, the 26-year-old chose to remain in Manchester and conduct a personal training regime with RH Elite Coaching.

Taking part in individual sessions at non-league's Ashton United and West Didsbury and Chorlton's stadiums, Rashford went through a number of drills which mainly focused on his finishing. The United forward also practised his free-kicks and penalties ahead of Saturday's trip to Southampton.

ETH should hire some PR guys on how hard he is working on tactics for the next game without any rest. Rashy can provide referrals.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...marcus-rashford-during-international-29895552

After a draining beginning to the campaign, it would have been easy for Rashford to jet off to warmer climes to clear his head before the Premier League returns at the weekend. Instead, the 26-year-old chose to remain in Manchester and conduct a personal training regime with RH Elite Coaching.

Taking part in individual sessions at non-league's Ashton United and West Didsbury and Chorlton's stadiums, Rashford went through a number of drills which mainly focused on his finishing. The United forward also practised his free-kicks and penalties ahead of Saturday's trip to Southampton.

We're lucky to have him.

Maybe he forgot he’s actually supposed to show it on the pitch.

He should be used as a case study for how long the perception of a player can last despite performances saying otherwise for so long

Zero shots? I swear he had a few shots on goal, just not on target.

I think the only shot that comes to mind was against City in the CS? went for a curled effort instead of just smashing it at Ederson.

Really good to see. He’s doing all the right things to make a success of this season and if his teammates can start finding him with passes and finishing the chances he creates then the perception on here will swiftly change. Looks primed for a really strong season currently.

Clear his head after 3 games, after all summer off? :lol:

This is really becoming parody

Should have had a couple of assists in the Liverpool game but nobody was there to put them away.

Think be has the highest accumulated xA so far, maybe out of all wingers which is impressive.

Don't think he's been bad, would let him stay on.

I love these new xLetter stats that have become a thing over the last couple of years. You might think your team were crap and lost 3-0, but their xYZ actually shows they were really good.

I love these new xLetter stats that have become a thing over the last couple of years. You might think your team were crap and lost 3-0, but their xYZ actually shows they were really good.
It just shows that statistically he has created the best quality of chances. Another day and Zirkzee scores two goals from the chanches he created, and people would be praising him. Statistics prevents daft stuff like that, whether the chance he created becomes an assist or not is outside the control of the creator.

He should be used as a case study for how long the perception of a player can last despite performances saying otherwise for so long

I'd redefine performances with 'output' because Fernandes is the strongest headcase for what you ascribed.

Clear his head after 3 games, after all summer off? :lol:

This is really becoming parody

The first thing Ineos should do is tell Marcus to fire and replace his football PR people who must be the most incompetent team assembled ever. It is hard to believe that there hasn’t been some cooperation/oversight of the MEN article. However, the implication of this piece is that should, in the future, Marcus remain ‘unproductive’ on the pitch and ‘…jet off to warmer climes’ for leisure, during upcoming international breaks, he will be showing his ‘true colours’! That this piece lands after Grealish has scored for England must be pure coincidence!

Marcus is overdue a good run of form. On the balance of probabilities, it could easily start Saturday lunchtime. Let’s hope so.

The first thing Ineos should do is tell Marcus to fire and replace his football PR people who must be the most incompetent team assembled ever. It is hard to believe that there hasn’t been some cooperation/oversight of the MEN article. However, the implication of this piece is that should, in the future, Marcus remain ‘unproductive’ on the pitch and ‘…jet off to warmer climes’ for leisure, during upcoming international breaks, he will be showing his ‘true colours’! That this piece lands after Grealish has scored for England must be pure coincidence!

Marcus is overdue a good run of form. On the balance of probabilities, it could easily start Saturday lunchtime. Let’s hope so.

Oh there's been obvious collaboration for years. You don't get serious newspapers and journalists to write airy-fairy, PR puff pieces without giving something in return.

When all the leaks were happening and bring written about by same reporters that, days earlier, were writing glowingly about Rashford as if they had written a script for narration by Morgan Freeman - it really wasn't a huge mystery who their source was. One of them, at least.

I just think that if you imagine a player who let fame go to his head and he started thinking that working hard and doing the 'donkey work' on the pitch was beneath him, and all he had to do was be mercurial and demure when he felt the occasion deserved him - and who evidential had seen no benefit to change, adapt or improve any attribute or element of his game whatsoever- you'd be imaging someone exactly like how Rashford has been these last couple of years. I struggle to understand the resistance to the obvious conclusion.

Instead we get "maybe he's not playing well because he had a falling out with his girlfriend's car that he crashed because he was thinking about an injury from three years ago that made him a bit sad?" excuses.

Last edited:
Oh there's been obvious collaboration for years. You don't get serious newspapers and journalists to write airy-fairy, PR puff pieces without giving something in return.

When all the leaks were happening and bring written about by same reporters that, days earlier, were writing glowingly about Rashford as if they had written a script for narration by Morgan Freeman - it really wasn't a huge mystery who their source was. One of them, at least.

I just think that if you imagine a player who let fame go to his head and he started thinking that working hard and doing the 'donkey work' on the pitch was beneath him, and all he had to do was be mercurial and demure when he felt the occasion deserved him - and who evidential had seen no benefit to change, adapt or improve any attribute or element of his game whatsoever- you'd be imaging someone exactly like how Rashford has been these last couple of years. I struggle to understand the resistance to the obvious conclusion.

Instead we get "maybe he's not playing well because he had a falling out with his girlfriend's car that he crashed because he was thinking about an injury from three years ago that made him a bit sad?" excuses.
This.

He led an incredibly successful campaign on school meals and was correctly awarded an MBE. His profile exploded and he became the face of the club at a time when on field success was lacking and off field controversy was constant given ownership disconnect from fans. He was rewarded with a huge contract on the back of a stellar 22/23 season.

He has now been out of form for c.18 months. If he does his talking on the pitch brilliant. If he doesn't recapture his form soon maybe fire his PR team/curb the entourage and do an interview with someone who rather than fawning over him is tough but fair eg Keane/Shearer. A willingness to put himself out of his comfort zone, including some self reflection on his part, should be enough to restore much of the respect he has lost even if he never recaptures his prior form.

He ought to be shown the exit door. I've always felt that Pogba and Lingard were such bad influence on him now we need to stop him from becoming a bad influence to the likes of Garnacho, Amad, Mainoo, and Hojlund.

He is doing ok so far this season. The least of our problem. Garnacho and Amad have been good too but a bit inconsistent.

The problem is more to our tactics.

For the sake of his career he needs to start against Southampton. If it becomes another example of futility and dejection, then he will have forced ETH’s hand in starting Garnacho over him.

Has released boxing training now :eek: .

Must have been stunned by the reaction last time out (seemed to trigger him to create 2 chances all of a sudden). Hopefully just the psychology of the fact that he put in some extra work will push him on game day.
Biggest thing that needs to shift is the mindset - if he can stay positive when things don't work, and keep trying, things will come off.

He was absolutely horrid against Brighton - he was throwing his arms around and whinging at everything.

Same here. It's hilarious.

He is doing ok so far this season. The least of our problem. Garnacho and Amad have been good too but a bit inconsistent.

The problem is more to our tactics.
A 350k/week striker who hasn't recorded a shot on target is the least of our problems?

I personally still think that back injury in the middle of 19/20 tanked his potential. Was never the same physically and lost the burst in his dribbling that allowed him to skin players consistently.

After that he’s been more of an off the ball runner and inside forward that’s just inconsistent in front of net. The 22/23 season sort of masked that he wasn’t the same player and had people calling him world class even though the underlying metrics basically showed that he wasn’t creating much but was just red hot in front of goal (which I hoped was sustainable and just meant he’d finally upgraded his finishing, but it wasn’t the case).

Meanwhile you still see “Can’t believe people don’t believe in him” tweets with montages and clips from fecking Mourinho on the touchline and Rashford skinning players :lol:

If he has lost his potential as a LW then he needs to play as a striker.

He broke through as a striker, scoring tap ins and headers but moved in to a LW - but many now wonder about things like his pace and ability to take a player on.

Let him focus on beating the offside trap & getting behind the defence, but his striker performances haven't been great either but happen once every 3 months at max.

Fancy him to bag a brace against Southampton. The extra training and all... I don’t get how he can go from looking totally hapless and not arsed to looking like a good player in the space of a few games but the optimist in me thinks he’s going to go on a scoring streak again soon. He has to do something major this season or surely he’s gone?

We had a 350k/w player self exile for a year. We have another 350k/w midfielder tear apart by Liverpool.
Yeah we've had a shit time with overpaid players; still doesn't put Rashford at the bottom of the pile of our problems (a place where you'd expect to find such issues as 'Amad is a bit inconsistent' or 'Garnacho needs to pass more.')

Fancy him to bag a brace against Southampton. The extra training and all... I don’t get how he can go from looking totally hapless and not arsed to looking like a good player in the space of a few games but the optimist in me thinks he’s going to go on a scoring streak again soon. He has to do something major this season or surely he’s gone?
If the brace does happen, expect a new celebration somehow tied in to his recent social media posts.

If Rashford, Zirkzee, Bruno and Garnacho had done the right thing! they could of had about 10 G/A between them already in 3 games.

Marcus like the rest of them needs to be more clinical...something Ruud should have as his no.1 priority in training.

If the brace does happen, expect a new celebration somehow tied in to his recent social media posts.

I would love to watch his new celebration atleast 30 times this season.... it can be the most cringe celebration ever, i just want him to start playing well and scoring goals again.

I would love to watch his new celebration atleast 30 times this season.... it can be the most cringe celebration ever, i just want him to start playing well and scoring goals again.
Yeah I’ll happily take it in exchange for 30 goals.

The tactics are not helping .. but he has to start scoring if we have any chance of making top 4

If he has lost his potential as a LW then he needs to play as a striker.

He broke through as a striker, scoring tap ins and headers but moved in to a LW - but many now wonder about things like his pace and ability to take a player on.

Let him focus on beating the offside trap & getting behind the defence, but his striker performances haven't been great either but happen once every 3 months at max.

His whole game has been either running behind a highline or cut in onto his right foot and fire a shot or a cross into the box.

He's as 1 dimensional as they come in terms of forward players, full back just need to show him down the line and he'll run himself out of room. Drop deeper and he can't run in behind. Teams know how to handle him easily and he hasn't been able to improve himself to the point where he gives them something else to think about.

Moving centrally won't work because of the above, he's only really good as a CF when he's given space to run in behind. He can't/won't compete aerially and his positioning and anticipation in the box are lacking.