Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Need to clear squad of players like Rashford and Casemiro, big names with very negative impact on our play, slow, indecisive and on a huge decline whichi c=doesnt look like finding the bottom yet. Both players should be just a cover until we flock out the next window and once we find replacements.

Id simplify his game for him, seeing as hes undroppable under ten hag. He should be told to take on his defender at every occasion. Nothing more..
Agreed. But he seems to have lost both the confidence and pace required to beat his man - which essentially renders him useless.

Hate to pile on the kid but…

Rashford has lost two out of the three weapons that made him an asset to the club.

Gone
Dribbling - Used to be brave and dynamic. Now it’s predictable and ineffective

Pace - he’s not slow. But he’s not quick enough to compensate for his average ball manipulation (Salah not as quick but still very dangerous on the ball)

Going
Shooting - still a hell of a ball striker but honestly his finishing is so wasteful and he doesn’t create enough situations for this to help the team.
He was never a good dribbler. Agree with the other two.

The 1vs1 against Konate sums him up for me, outside of a decent cross for Zirkzee who should of done better, was poor.

Hasn't had a shot yet this season. No shots at all, on or off target. Martinez has a higher xG.

Can he still go to the Saudi league in this window?
Clearly doesn’t care about United who have given him everything since he started here

That moment sums him up perfectly at the moment. These kinds of moments were his bread and butter a few seasons ago. If it hasn't happened for two seasons, it's not going to happen ever...

Out of the experienced trio of Bruno, Casemiro, Rashford.

Rashford did more than the other 2 combined.

He created 2 very good chances for Zirkzee so I'm not going to single him out after todays game.

A good cross. Not very good otherwise.

We need to stop giving players allowances for having 1 or 2 good moments in a game. Players have dozens of contributions in a game, it's almost impossible for them to not have a good pass here and there.

What a player does wrong can be as important as what they do right, and our players consistently lose the ball and make bad decisions. And our best players need to be causing danger to the opposition consistently throughout the 90 minutes, not rarely and sporadically.

Since Salah arrived, Salah has scored 214 goals to Rashford's 112. Since Rashford's last good season where he scored 30 goals, Salah has scored 28 goals to Rashford's 8.

Another comparison, Salah's worst season for Liverpool he scored more goals than Rashford's second best season for United.
I wouldn’t pay Rashford to shine Salahs boots because he’d probably not have the right desire to even manage that. Salah is almost always the difference against us. We are desperate for a world class attacker. This is the worst suite we have ever had I really believe that.

He created 2 very good chances for Zirkzee so I'm not going to single him out after todays game.
Better than absolutely shite is still shite. It’s not good enough which ever way you spin it. Bare in mind wide forwards are easily the most important position in modern football…

Since Salah arrived, Salah has scored 214 goals to Rashford's 112. Since Rashford's last good season where he scored 30 goals, Salah has scored 28 goals to Rashford's 8.

Another comparison, Salah's worst season for Liverpool he scored more goals than Rashford's second best season for United.
Salah is a world class player. Rashford is a top reds idea of a world class player but literally nobody with a clue would compare them.

Salah is a world class player. Rashford is a top reds idea of a world class player but literally nobody with a clue would compare them.
Agreed but yet Utd have considered him as such and if I had to bet he was earning more than Salah. That should be the expectation of his salary and reputation. One of the best in the league/world. Salah takes the piss every time he faces us.

He was slightly less dogshite than two other completely dogshite players. Let's give him a medal.

But we could guarantee if roles were reversed and Rashford played for Liverpool he would cause us nowhere near as much trouble.
Obviously, Salah is a brilliant player a true world class talent for at least 5/6 years. Every facet of his game is levels above Rashford.

Our match winners use to be Rooney and Ronaldo and Giggs, we fell off a long time ago mate. Top reds hammered me for years for calling Rashford out as nowhere near good enough.

You mentioned three most problematic players in our first 11 currenty. Rashford's two chances he created could be created by any semi competent wide player, two hopeful punts in the box. I bet currently Amad on the right and Garnacho on the left offer more. So why tf has Rashford started today? ETH favoritism? Predictably he offered nothing of note. Rashford in current state should be an impact sub with clear instructions to run at tired defenders. If not doing that bench or sell. He showed no willingness to run and fight.

Casemiro is finished. Not fit to start such games anymore.

And lastly Bruno? For all his industry and willingness to fight and create something he needs a strict manager who will not tolerate his high risk passing in all parts of the field. It is ok to try risky passes in opponents half. But it is inexcusable for supposedly elite midfielder how many passes he misplaces in his own half.

So far this season he should have had at least four goals and four assists yet has been let down by his team mates for messing up chances he had put on a plate for them and for not passing to him when he makes a good run.

For all his faults even Ten Hag can see this although I know fans who just want to blame him for everything will refuse to see it.

He's paying the price for playing in a very poor team with players not supporting him.

It's a sign of people of people who can't read a have that he gets all the criticism

Looks terrified to take on the full back. For the next few games, he has to only be brought off the bench until he plays his way into form. No more clinging onto performances from over a year ago.

He's lost a fair bit of explosion.

Or he's just extremely low on confidence. I don't know, but he looks meh in terms of attacking.

BTW, he's not being singled out. This is a thread dedicated to his performances. :lol:

He is frustrating, first half I recall he made some runs into the box either losing the ball or hitting the first man with a poor cross aimed at no one in particular. From my comfy seat in front of a T.V. he looked to be working harder in a defensive sense, he was still offering very little in an attacking sense and yet he amazingly should have walked away with a couple of assists.

Whilst I didn't think he was terrible, it seemed the Old Trafford faithful had grown tired of him, with murmurs of discontent and maybe he wasn't doing enough off the ball not shown on T.V.

I don't think he is playing worse than last season, but his performances are still lacking.

Doesn’t seem to be playing with the same negative attitude and laziness he had last season

It’s not coming off for him still, but I’m a bit more hopeful it might click for him this season at some point if he can regain confidence.

There's been a lot of talk about Rashford delivering those two excellent crosses. I'm sorry, but is this the standard we want to accept from our wingers at this club? For me, it's not acceptable.

If he keeps up his form it's the third out of four seasons where he's been poor, and he's living off the one other.

Mental that he still plays every week honestly, and it has been for some time.

He is frustrating, first half I recall he made some runs into the box either losing the ball or hitting the first man with a poor cross aimed at no one in particular. From my comfy seat in front of a T.V. he looked to be working harder in a defensive sense, he was still offering very little in an attacking sense and yet he amazingly should have walked away with a couple of assists.

Whilst I didn't think he was terrible, it seemed the Old Trafford faithful had grown tired of him, with murmurs of discontent and maybe he wasn't doing enough off the ball not shown on T.V.

I don't think he is playing worse than last season, but his performances are still lacking.
He's working harder but not in the right areas, like he's showing he's running but not being effective.

The crowd turned on him a bit when he was one on one with his full back and decided to stop and turn back 10 yards instead of commiting his man. Saw when Diallo came on the impact it can have.

This bit here, had me wanting to throw the TV outside.

Looks like a player low on confidence really. ETH needs to take him out of the starting XI and slowly bed him in via 10-15 minute cameos until he feels confident enough to start taking on players.

Clearly has a clause in his contract with regard to playing time. No other rational explanation.

That moment where he chickened out of taking on Konate on the edge of the box, and turned back instead, sums up where he is at the moment.

Totally devoid of confidence. There was another one where he was 1v1 against Bradley with half the pitch in behind, and again refused to try to take him on.

How has his pace gone? He's only 27 and he's hardly ever been injured as far as I recall? Is it purely a psychological thing with him?

Wasn’t the worst player on the pitch today. Unfortunately, he is paid like he is the best. Even worse is he gets game time like he is the best.

He can no longer beat defenders consistently. It seems his pace is going as well. Looks a shell of his former above average self.

Such a shame he wasn't available for the Liverpool match, we could have really benefited from him playing.

This bit here, had me wanting to throw the TV outside.

This is infuriating to watch. Happy I didn't catch the game at 3am in the morning in my time zone because I'd have woken the house cussing at the top of my lungs seeing this.

What more do people need to see before releasing he should be sold? He can’t dribble, doesn’t score much, isn’t creative, isn’t good off the ball and isn’t even all that quick anymore. This is one of those players you have to cut your losses with as he’s not good enough but still had a market value yet we seem intend on holding on till we drive his value into the ground.

Instead of the above, he fecking starts for us. FFS.

Not being completely shit isn’t the bar we need for a player to meet to start a game. He needs to be sent a message that he’ll be dropped if he doesn’t play well, but seemingly unlikely to happen under ten Hag.

What more do people need to see before releasing he should be sold? He can’t dribble, doesn’t score much, isn’t creative, isn’t good off the ball and isn’t even all that quick anymore. This is one of those players you have to cut your losses with as he’s not good enough but still had a market value yet we seem intend on holding on till we drive his value into the ground.

Instead of the above, he fecking starts for us. FFS.

Who is performing under Ten Hag?

Who has been good enough for a PL league winning team under the coaching of Ten Hags 3 years here?

If Rashford was the part of 3 odd players under performing then I'd be like fine - this guy is sticking out like a sore thumb; but the fact is that he is a bunch of 23 players or more that is underperforming under Ten Hag.

If it wasnt for Rashford's inflated wages then people would be talking about him the same way the majority of the squad is being talked about.

His mood maybe looking poor but he is currently in poor form alongside 23 other players so i don't see why he should be happy and dancing either.

He has never been an Antony in terms of work ethic but neither has Antony ever been a Rashford in terms of output - so this thought that we should be picking players purely on mood and work rate is rubbish too because this has arguably what Ten Hag has done here at united : buying players like Mount, Antony, Onana, purely for their mindset that they actual ability to play football.

He was alright. Certainly better than all our other forwards which is not saying much but he was the best of that lot. He just doesn't provide any kind of threat when faced 1v1 with anyone though. Looks like his pace is gone which is making him to question himself in those situations. Also annoying in the 2nd half where he had the ball during our counterattack and just turned back and the attack fizzled out. There were audible groans from the fans as well.

The thing is, he hasn't shown he deserves that new contract we've given nor does he show himself to be the senior forward at the club. He should be in his prime and yet he's just as inconsistent as the teenagers around him, sometimes even more useless than them. I don't know how long can this farce with him and Bruno can go on. It is telling that two of our biggest problems have been our best players in the past.