Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He's the worst striker/winger in the squad and he's worse than most of the ones we've let go. It's a travesty he still gets to start games. I'd genuinely have Antony ahead of him, it's that bad.

My first thought is for all the people who put Rashford in their lineup. I already knew that Ten Hag had lost his mind on this point, but I didn't think there were so many of you like this. Garnacho is not a good dribbler either but it is Amad, our best offensive player this season who finds himself on the bench. TH deserves this result.

He was decent enough today, should have at least one assist. That said, I'm getting worried that he's really not the same player anymore. It seems that he's lost a decent chunk of pace and he can't even beat Trent anymore. If he can start providing key passes and assists I won't complain but I do worry.

Didn’t he create our only chances?
I don't think he played well even then but it's not about any individual game. That a player that's been poor for the better part of 18 months is a guaranteed starter every week sends out a message to the rest of the squad that certain players won't be held accountable for poor performances.

Didn’t he create our only chances?

To be fair, he did. So that is a plus. Mostly the final quarter of the game. The downside is that when the score was 0-0 and when he could have affected the outcome of the game, he wasn't able to. We needed much more from him, Bruno, Garnacho and Zirkzee at 0-0, 0-1, or even at 0-2. The game was already over when he decided to play.

He had 2 good crosses and a nice switch of play but that was it. He creates a nice bit of space for himself to take his man on but no longer has the burst of speed to get himself away from them and he seems to have completely forgotten how to beat a man, just turns back and passes backwards. He simply HAS to give us more.

Is anyone perhaps wondering whether Marcus is being told to play less for himself and wait for opportunities to overload and cross?

I am not saying there's no element of him being afraid to fail at play here. Just putting it out there that the two crosses he put in for Zirkzee looked practiced.

How do we feel about him if he just runs down a blind alley and our forward is left chasing air like Hojlund last season?

Ten Hag is either completely tactically inept or he is sabotaging Rashford. Just compare the positions where Salah gets the ball on the break to where Rashford does. The few times where he actually got the ball in advanced positions he created some chances, but most of the time he got the ball basically in our own half with half the Liverpool team already getting back to defend.

This is a player who is good at springing quick counters and running in behind so what does the manager do? Plays him on the touchline and has him hanging out wide as far as possible from the opponents box basically all game. I'm not saying Rashford was great but if we keep on playing like this, don't expect his form to improve. This manager just seems to make all our attackers struggle. We can barely score 2 goals per game, it's just pathetic.

I've started not to blame him.

He knows Ten Hag is rubbish and can't get the best out of most of his squad so blaming an individual like Rashford doesn't make sense to me. He has not capacity to improve never mind get the best out of players like Raahford, Antony, Bruno and so many people he has manages for a decade now.

I swear people didn’t watch the game and just decide to give Rashford a shit player rating and bash on him.

He wasn’t great, but was much better than Garnacho today. He also should have had 2 assists.

Yes, he’s been poor been for a while, but let’s give him credit when he is showing signs of improvement

He is actually a low level player with some purple patch that made him highest paid player in his position.

He has nothing to offer, we would not have missed him if he went to Chelsea and Sancho stayed, perhaps we missed a trick with Sterling here.

Not his worst performance but he is miles off the standard we expected after he hit that massive contract. Rashford personifies what has gone wrong at Old Trafford…a player who once had something about his game but has fallen off a cliff. He wasn’t even close to a chance on goal today and two “assists” he “should” have had were not great chances.

I swear people didn’t watch the game and just decide to give Rashford a shit player rating and bash on him.

He wasn’t great, but was much better than Garnacho today. He also should have had 2 assists.

Yes, he’s been poor been for a while, but let’s give him credit when he is showing signs of improvement

That shouldn't be the standard. Salah doesn't get away with being slightly better than someone else who has played badly. He's one of the most experienced, senior players on that pitch. It does mean he can't have off days, or that he's expected to be 9/10 every match. But the fact he looked better than someone who looked awful is praise that inadvertently condemns him.

We have other problems, of course, but we can't keep looking away from Rashford. A player of his profile and experience should be setting standards out there. The fact he never does is one of the key reasons why we are where we are. There seems to be a kind of Mandela affect when it comes to assessing Rashford's contributions, as if people genuinely believe he's 20, learning his trade and got 36 goals/assists a few weeks ago.

He needs to start delivering and shining. And that requires a lot more than pointing out he was a better than someone who was awful. He isn't just a bit-part player or a developing youngster. He's one of the senior players in that dressing room, one of the highest paid at the club. "Someone else was worse" representing some kind of endorsement of a player like that is an absolute joke and nothing defines our decline in standards than that.

65k Utd fans inside old Trafford would argue otherwise apparently.

But but but. Yeeey…2 crosses
Of course because they've been frustrated with him for a long time now (like we all have). But we lost because we couldn't handle them in midfield and Casemiro and Mainoo made errors leading to goals.

Rashford has been frustrating for years now imo but game where he creates 2 big chances against biggest rival is not the one where I'll be looking to bash him.

If I were in a position that matters, I would shop him to Saudi in what is left of their window. He is so finished its not even funny. He has reached his absolute ceiling and is only going to get worse and worse.

I don't think he played well even then but it's not about any individual game. That a player that's been poor for the better part of 18 months is a guaranteed starter every week sends out a message to the rest of the squad that certain players won't be held accountable for poor performances.
I don’t think hes a guaranteed stater if we bothered to sign a wide player in the summer.

You need to remember Garnacho did not have a pre season and Amad is just coming into the side and didn’t play well against Brighton

I expect Rashford to lose his place in the side if Amad does well and as Garnacho gets his fitness up

That shouldn't be the standard. Salah doesn't get away with being slightly better than someone else who has played badly. He's one of the most experienced, senior players on that pitch. It does mean he can't have off days, or that he's expected to be 9/10 every match. But the fact he looked better than someone who looked awful is praise that inadvertently condemns him.

We have other problems, of course, but we can't keep looking away from Rashford. A player of his profile and experience should be setting standards out there. The fact he never does is one of the key reasons why we are where we are. There seems to be a kind of Mandela affect when it comes to assessing Rashford's contributions, as if people genuinely believe he's 20, learning his trade and got 36 goals/assists a few weeks ago.

He needs to start delivering and shining. And that requires a lot more than pointing out he was a better than someone who was awful. He isn't just a bit-part player or a developing youngster. He's one of the senior players in that dressing room, one of the highest paid at the club. "Someone else was worse" representing some kind of endorsement of a player like that is an absolute joke and nothing defines our decline in standards than that.

In a game where we were dominated, and largely crap, we end up on better XG than Liverpool. I would hazard a guess that these came from the Zirkzee chances, that Rashford put on a plate for him.

In an alternate reality, Rashford could have ended up with two assists as well and who know how the game would have ended up.

It’s just tiresome to see this pile on for Rashford after every game, no matter what he does. He’s our player after all and we should be supporting him. The booing today was sickening

Of course because they've been frustrated with him for a long time now (like we all have). But we lost because we couldn't handle them in midfield and Casemiro and Mainoo made errors leading to goals.

Rashford has been frustrating for years now imo but game where he creates 2 big chances against biggest rival is not the one where I'll be looking to bash him.
Because he’s been frustrating ‘for years now’ he has zero credit in the bank.

Prior to those 2 crosses he was garbage and just spent the first hr fuelling the wrath of the fans.

The very fact he’s starting is where the annoyance comes from. it’s clear as day Amad was the form player in pre season and has looked bright(ish) early season. And Garna was up for player of the season last time around. MR just doesn’t deserve the game time he’s getting. He needs to be dropped…and 2 crosses just isn’t good enough

Because he’s been frustrating ‘for years now’ he has zero credit in the bank.

Prior to those 2 crosses he was garbage and just spent the first hr fuelling the wrath of the fans.

The very fact he’s starting is where the annoyance comes from. it’s clear as day Amad was the form player in pre season and has looked bright(ish) early season. And Garna was up for player of the season last time around. MR just doesn’t deserve the game time he’s getting. He needs to be dropped…and 2 crosses just isn’t good enough
Ten Hag and his coaching team are the ones that decide who starts the game, not Rashford. So more for ten Hag thread.

Seems to have lost some pace and doesn't have much else going for him. Not looking good.

This has been has best game for quite a long time but it’s still nowherr near good enough for us.

Fans at OT have certainly turned on him from what I have heard and he’s got nowhere to hide now under the new competent management team at United where we are no longer stupid enough to simply blame everything on the first team coach / manager.

A cowardly “performance “
Has done nothing in 3 games so far this season.
Plus he was up against a guy who can’t fecking defend properly today.
Bench please.

He’s meant to be our Salah, our relatable player, our best attacker. That’s the level he’s paid, that’s the level that is expected and yet again Salah is the difference while Rashford hides. I don’t get people defending him. The expectations around him should be sky high and yet his performances are regularly worst in the side. Ineos have dropped their first real clanger expecting him to come good. He should have been swapped for a proper attacking threat like a Leao or Williams but alas another season of him letting us down.

His main attributes used to be running in behind and going one-on-one against FB's. He hasn't done either for a very long time now - thus rendering completely useless. His timing is off and he doesn't even try to beat his man anymore. What I don't get is why EtH insists on playing him.

He should be judged for what he is. A highly paid player in his late 20s who is a senior member of the squad. That performance might have been good enough for a 21 year old kid in his first season, but nowhere near good enough for what he is supposed to be.

Most worrying is when he gets it 1 v1 and doesn't try and beat his man anymore but instead keeps safe possession.

It's frustrating as he created a couple of chances, but he is probably being paid twice what Diaz is. He has to be better and our expectations should be far higher for him.

He’s meant to be our Salah, our relatable player, our best attacker. That’s the level he’s paid, that’s the level that is expected and yet again Salah is the difference while Rashford hides. I don’t get people defending him. The expectations around him should be sky high and yet his performances are regularly worst in the side. Ineos have dropped their first real clanger expecting him to come good. He should have been swapped for a proper attacking threat like a Leao or Williams but alas another season of him letting us down.
Since Salah arrived, Salah has scored 214 goals to Rashford's 112. Since Rashford's last good season where he scored 30 goals, Salah has scored 28 goals to Rashford's 8.

Another comparison, Salah's worst season for Liverpool he scored more goals than Rashford's second best season for United.

Hate to pile on the kid but…

Rashford has lost two out of the three weapons that made him an asset to the club.

Gone
Dribbling - Used to be brave and dynamic. Now it’s predictable and ineffective

Pace - he’s not slow. But he’s not quick enough to compensate for his average ball manipulation (Salah not as quick but still very dangerous on the ball)

Going
Shooting - still a hell of a ball striker but honestly his finishing is so wasteful and he doesn’t create enough situations for this to help the team.

Id simplify his game for him, seeing as hes undroppable under ten hag. He should be told to take on his defender at every occasion. Nothing more..