Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He was bloody awful, and has been for a long time. There’s no legitimate basis upon which to excuse the performances he’s been putting in. The odd nice cross-field pass doesn’t even come close to making up for the lack of urgency, poor positional play, horrific body language and general lack of football IQ. The play dies with him far, far too often. He’s a clear liability the majority of the time. He’s earned a long spell on the bench.

Ah ok, my bad. I haven’t rated Rashford ever to be honest, found his lack of vision and his greediness so frustrating even during his purple patches. But I was in the minority for such a long time that I presumed maybe it was just a blind spot for me.
I’m the same. His low IQ has always been there, it was merely partially masked by the flashy pace and power finishes that got the rest excited (especially as he started young). We’re saddled with him now.

Just saw that Shearer “analysis” from MOTD. That’s some of the laziest coverage of a player I’ve ever seen. Notice that they never put the two offside lines on for any of the decisions because they are all either onside (the first “offside” clip they show looks clearly onside) or so close that there should be no criticism. The second clip is also clearly entirely on Amad for (a) delaying his pass and (b) then playing a dreadful one.

I will say he got the first clip right though. Rashford had left the defender for dead with his pace and a confident Rashford drives down the line from there. Hopefully the goals/assists will start to flow and we will see him taking advantage of that sort of position going forwards.

Did we ever see a proper view of his offside goal by the way with the lines? Looking at the replay, he must be a millimetre ahead of the defender nearest Mount. Incredible finish by the way - I thought it was lucky initially.

I guess i can’t blame some of the forum for not understanding what they are watching when that’s the standard of mainstream coverage. I do hope we start to adopt a siege mentality though - we have to protect our players.

He’s by far the worst footballer in the squad, IMO. His touch is absolutely shocking. He overruns the ball all the time. If you ever want him to look after the ball, he can't do it. He was never amazing technically, and he never improved, but now he has regressed massively because he gets shown up with other teams having better players. I want him dropped for AG with AMAD on the other side.

Just saw that Shearer “analysis” from MOTD. That’s some of the laziest coverage of a player I’ve ever seen. Notice that they never put the two offside lines on for any of the decisions because they are all either onside (the first “offside” clip they show looks clearly onside) or so close that there should be no criticism. The second clip is also clearly entirely on Amad for (a) delaying his pass and (b) then playing a dreadful one.

I will say he got the first clip right though. Rashford had left the defender for dead with his pace and a confident Rashford drives down the line from there. Hopefully the goals/assists will start to flow and we will see him taking advantage of that sort of position going forwards.

Did we ever see a proper view of his offside goal by the way with the lines? Looking at the replay, he must be a millimetre ahead of the defender nearest Mount. Incredible finish by the way - I thought it was lucky initially.

I guess i can’t blame some of the forum for not understanding what they are watching when that’s the standard of mainstream coverage. I do hope we start to adopt a siege mentality though - we have to protect our players.

This sort of protect our players at all cost has eroded standard

If there's one thing SAF embodies is that he's ruthless when players are not giving their all.

He played one of the laziest short passes you'll see in the PL just 30 seconds before their goal.

Never seen a player who can lose interest that easily in games.

Rashford is a real worry at the minute. Quick stat attack: over the two opening fixtures he has failed to register a shot, he's given possession away 23 times, and he's failed in 87% of his attempted dribbles.

He looks about a million miles away from scoring, and there were times yesterday where it was just bizarre for him to be caught offside. He's usually quick enough that he can give defenders 3 or 4 yards. The Rashford of two years ago would have feasted on Brighton's high line, but he has no teeth at the moment.

Even early on last season at home to Brighton, he was at least getting shots away and being a threat. But he's staying too wide and seems to struggle to impact a game when he's tasked with any defensive work (something he does seem to be doing more of, in fairness).

We need him scoring goals because he's the only guy in the squad who has form for hitting 30, but the (very) early signs suggest that we aren't getting that Rashford this season. He doesn't seem to work well with Dalot, and it was just plain weird that when Zirkzee came on the Dutchman went out to the left - he's the sort of central attacker Rashford historically bounces off well when he cuts inside.

I think he'll start against Liverpool, but if he doesn't do something there he's gonna be dropped altogether. And he couldn't really have any complaints.

He’s a noose around our neck right now. He’s too powerful, too influential just too much for any manager to deal with. He’s not performing, always look least bothered but still plays every game. Why’s that? He’s too big for any manager at Manchester United. The day we unburden ourselves the day we move forward as a club free of primadonnas.

Is he though? He seems a fairly isolated figure at the club to me these days.

I think our insistence on playing him is more linked to wanting to get our moneys worth on one of our top paid players, with a hope he eventually comes good.

I reckon he’ll be out of the starting eleven in a couple of months, and his teams usual tactics of briefing against the manager or linking him to other clubs are just going to be ineffective since 1. The club have clearly backed Ten Hag 2. He’s been shite for about 18 months

Definitely has something about guaranteed starter in his contract

What was particularly galling was him acting like a beast to try and win the ball back over on the touchline on the far side because he was already aware he was about to be taken off a couple of seconds later.

It felt like one of those 'let's leave an impression' acts. He's never looked that up for fighting for the ball ever in the last two years but suddenly over by the touchline, in a nothing position, he steps into beast mode because he knows he's going off.

Our wingers/attackers are a travesty. Rashford, Sancho, Antony are completely gash. I want them all gone. Please ten hag see the light and drop Rashford.

I can't help but feel that he is a shit player who can do well occasionally, but nevertheless a shit low quality player on a huge wages

Rashford is a real worry at the minute. Quick stat attack: over the two opening fixtures he has failed to register a shot, he's given possession away 23 times, and he's failed in 87% of his attempted dribbles.

He looks about a million miles away from scoring, and there were times yesterday where it was just bizarre for him to be caught offside. He's usually quick enough that he can give defenders 3 or 4 yards. The Rashford of two years ago would have feasted on Brighton's high line, but he has no teeth at the moment.

Even early on last season at home to Brighton, he was at least getting shots away and being a threat. But he's staying too wide and seems to struggle to impact a game when he's tasked with any defensive work (something he does seem to be doing more of, in fairness).

We need him scoring goals because he's the only guy in the squad who has form for hitting 30, but the (very) early signs suggest that we aren't getting that Rashford this season. He doesn't seem to work well with Dalot, and it was just plain weird that when Zirkzee came on the Dutchman went out to the left - he's the sort of central attacker Rashford historically bounces off well when he cuts inside.

I think he'll start against Liverpool, but if he doesn't do something there he's gonna be dropped altogether. And he couldn't really have any complaints.

Tbf Rashford has been a worry for far too long now, but sadly there is also no evidence that Ten Hag is about to give up on him.

I think the reality is that this is just Rashford now, and It's all getting a bit sad, but I don't see what the answer is.

There’s something about Rashford’s body language. He seems to have fallen out of love with football and is in self-denial. Every move he makes seems laboured.

Flippin hell that's tragic

Tbf Rashford has been a worry for far too long now, but sadly there is also no evidence that Ten Hag is about to give up on him.

I think the reality is that this is just Rashford now, and It's all getting a bit sad, but I don't see what the answer is.
Well he subbed him at the hour mark which practically never happens. Like I said, if he doesn't deliver against Liverpool I think he gets dropped.

He really does need taking out of the team. Our other options aren't exactly setting the world alight, but I don't see what we're getting from persisting with Rashford when he's been this bad for so long.

Well he subbed him at the hour mark which practically never happens. Like I said, if he doesn't deliver against Liverpool I think he gets dropped.

I can't actually remember the last time I watched him play well, so it seems very unlikely that he suddenly delivers against Liverpool.

Maybe Ten Hag is happy with what he is doing, as it's been like this for so long, and yet he's still starting games.

Garnacho should start instead of him in the next match. Rashford offers nothing to the team at this moment.

Flippin hell that's tragic
Yeah. I know it's only two games and the tactics/personnel play a part, but in theory Rashford should have a huge advantage over many of his contemporaries. He should be fitter and fresher, with all the tools to hit the ground running this season.

For me he can give the ball away and run into traffic as many times as he wants, but if he doesn't outweigh that by splitting the FB/CB and getting himself into goalscoring positions, it's hard to see the point of him.

He was poor yesterday but one thing I'd say in his defence is in the second half alone there were at least 3 occasions you could clearly see him make a very good run in behind, and the player on the ball just didn't back themselves to play the pass. In a better team he'd have been through on goal 3 time as its not like any of them were even difficult balls.

Most annoying part about that is that those types of runs have always been his main threat/strength and how he gets a fair chunk of his goals. If we're not eve going to try and use that what's the point?

He looks like he has found his level. Really worrying. He has to be dropped, Garnacho and Amad offer so much more.

He can't start in the next game.

He can't have any complaints at a spell sitting on the bench either.

Not sure how he and the coaching staff can get him back to the player he was 2 seasons ago.

Seeing so many people online defending him tirelessly, making it sound like he's just had a bad few games or even suggesting that he's been playing well(!!!) is bizarre. I've never known such staunch defending of a player who isn't even putting in the kind of shift you'd expect.

It's been obvious for a whilev that Rashford is washed up and that's a shame, but he's not exactly busting a gut to make up for that with extra effort and passion.

Getting him out should have been our priority this summer, but instead our 'top manager' decided to drop Garnacho and make him a starter again. It's going as well as you'd expect.

He is truly finished. Has been a long long time.

Nothing against the lad but even when he had that great season like 2 years ago I was adamant it was a purple patch.

Not sure why managers and our fans are still lying to themselves about this guy.

Should be a bench player for the rest of the season while we try develop players who still have potential.

Unfortunately Rashford is wasted potential. It might sound harsh but it's true.

His downfall needs to be studied
Was unplayable 18 months ago, now a shell of his former self
What the feck happened to him?
He isn’t a top six level player anymore.

Still don’t see the Rashford from 2 years ago. His value is going down game by game.

His downfall needs to be studied
Was unplayable 18 months ago, now a shell of his former self
What the feck happened to him?
He isn’t a top six level player anymore.
2 years ago was a purple patch.

3 years ago he was shite as well.

Don't get me wrong he has gotta even worse but that season where he looked world class was just one of those random things that happens to some players 1 year in their career

Major part of last seasons shitfest, doing the same this year, get rid of him!

I truly believe benching Rashford for several weeks will hurt his ego but it will benefit the club in many ways:-

1- Rashford will try his best to get back his spot leading to significant improvements in his performances
2-or, He will mope and be upset and when his ego can't take it anymore he will ask for a transfer and probably be willing to accept a significant cut in his wages to get playing time elsewhere.
3- another benefit is that it sends a message to the squad, if Rashford who is one of the main senior players in the team is benched the the rest will know they ain't safe if they don't perform.

If Garna becomes the starting LW ahead of Rashford, it will ensure that we get someone who is willing to give 100% every game, things might not come off for him all the time but he will always give his all which is something I know many here appreciate about Garna, and with that Rashford will not be able to accept to be a second choice to Garna and won't accept sitting on the bench and collect wages, his rep will take a huge hit if he does that.

It might be wishful thinking in my part but I truly hope this season Rashford either performs or is benched, we can't have an underperforming Rashford starting every game and then being subbed, it will hinder the team

I remember the Liverpool game at OT when his pace and dribbling was giving TAA real problems. Next weekend I'm fully expecting TAA to pocket him, he's fallen off that much.

I've said it in a few threads now but that double stress fracture in his back and our poor injury management of his first stress fracture is what's caused this. He's lost his searing pace completely, which was his main weapon and I expect he'll only decline further. He used to be able to time his runs on the shoulder of the defender better as he had the pace to meet the pass, now he's lost that, he's having to set off sooner and just cannot time his runs properly.

He will never back himself 1v1 with a defender who threatens to cut off his path, as he always shirks away from challenges, he's become very easy to defend against.

consider it was Fulham and Brighton as well

Seems totally shredded of confidence. A clean break would have been best for all parties this summer. As it is, he should be left out of the side at this point and Amad/Garnacho given a run in my view.

I remember the Liverpool game at OT when his pace and dribbling was giving TAA real problems. Next weekend I'm fully expecting TAA to pocket him, he's fallen off that much.

I've said it in a few threads now but that double stress fracture in his back and our poor injury management of his first stress fracture is what's caused this. He's lost his searing pace completely, which was his main weapon and I expect he'll only decline further. He used to be able to time his runs on the shoulder of the defender better as he had the pace to meet the pass, now he's lost that, he's having to set off sooner and just cannot time his runs properly.

He will never back himself 1v1 with a defender who threatens to cut off his path, as he always shirks away from challenges, he's become very easy to defend against.
I can't recall was that in the season we lost in the Europa final? Either way, I remember thinking more than once he was poorly managed minutes wise by Ole that season.