Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Such a tragedy to watch him these days. He's a shadow of himself and probably shouldn't be starting based on performances. Problem is he's the only one of our attackers with real pace looking to get in behind defences. He stretches the field (in theory) and without him we would be very one-dimensional to play against.

How old is he now? 27 this year? He's supposed to be hitting his prime. He's the most senior attacking player we have and should be contributing a lot more than what he's been doing whilst the likes of Garnacho, Diallo, Hojlund and Zirkzee are finding their feet.

He has lost a tremendous amount of pace.
How much of it is effort though? I never look at Rashford and think he's busting a gut to get to a ball. Half the time it's just like he's going through the motions of doing just about enough to get a pass.

He is finished physically, you can just see it.

A few years ago, he could knock it past most full backs and blitz them. He is simply not able to do it anymore and with that gone, his entire game is gone.

How much of it is effort though? I never look at Rashford and think he's busting a gut to get to a ball. Half the time it's just like he's going through the motions of doing just about enough to get a pass.
Not sure I think he tried today. Put a shift in. Had an unnecessary moan or two but that's ok.
It's just that he really seems past it.

A ruthless, ambitious club with a winning ethos would have let him go a long time ago. He doesn’t get near any of the top clubs. Not even as a squad player in my opinion. I know he still has his fans but to me he is shockingly bad and his attitude is rotten. His lows are just much too low and his highs are as rare as hens teeth these days. I can’t wait to see the back of him and his PR circus

He should not be starting. We are losing value on him. 350k every week for this crap. It was the final gift from the old regime.

A ruthless, ambitious club with a winning ethos would have let him go a long time ago. He doesn’t get near any of the top clubs. Not even as a squad player in my opinion. I know he still has his fans but to me he is shockingly bad and his attitude is rotten. His lows are just much too low and his highs are as rare as hens teeth these days. I can’t wait to see the back of him and his PR circus
Such agenda. This fanbase doesn’t deserve him.

This has always bugged me about him. Being offside and running at defenders when better options are available. He has all the tools but somehow it just doesn’t click with him

He’s not very intelligent. Further, he’s lost his one huge advantage - explosive speed. Without that he doesn’t offer much and is easy to deal with as a defender.

Last time he was in form for us he was amazing physically and able to outpace defenders with only a few steps. This part of his game has just dissappeared and there is not much left when you take that out of the equation. Although he has had some amazing finishing as well, that has gone missing as well. It isn't looking good at all. Although all our wingers have their problems it is the one position where we have options and we are not using that at all. Very frustrating player and situation.

Think if he was sold this week none of us would be bothered.

Left side is Garnacho's all day long.

Rather us upgrade our right side and fight out with Amad.

Such agenda. This fanbase doesn’t deserve him.
What’s my agenda? Only agenda I have is watching my team play good football and winning games. So explain to me what you mean by “such agenda”? Or is that just your way of saying you disagree with my opinion? Which is ok, we are allowed to have different opinions.

Such a shame he was offside, as that lying on the floor looking at the goal, and accidentally sticking his foot out and the ball going in off his heel would have been one of the all time hilarious goals.

We managed to somehow have one absolutely ludicrous goal ruled out and another goal ruled out for a ludicrous reason, both in the same match.

Aubameyang was 10x the player when Arsenal bombed him out, and they didn't hesitate about it. Whereas we're still playing Rashford, Casemiro and Maguire as though it's 2018 again.

Aubameyang was 10x the player when Arsenal bombed him out, and they didn't hesitate about it. Whereas we're still playing Rashford, Casemiro and Maguire as though it's 2018 again.
Agreed, especially Rashford and Maguire. That’s before you even mention Lindelof, Antony, McTominay and sick note Shaw, those guys wouldn’t have lasted one season at the likes of Madrid (not that Madrid would have had them to begin with)

All the usual criticisms are valid but the thing that winds me up the most are the endless flicks and touches that always go to the opposition player, including the one that led to the first goal. He must be so frustrating to play with.

He got a rough ride on Match of the Day. He's offside way too much and his efforts to stay onside are pitiful. It's not like he's learning this attacking role for the first time either. This sort of stuff should be engrained into his DNA, a bit like finishing chances.

We need to see way more output from him and that includes everything leading up to goals. That's runs, staying onside, showing pace, showing determination to win balls, playing others in, etc. I just don't get the feeling he's on the same wavelength anymore as others.

What’s my agenda? Only agenda I have is watching my team play good football and winning games. So explain to me what you mean by “such agenda”? Or is that just your way of saying you disagree with my opinion? Which is ok, we are allowed to have different opinions.
I'm pretty sure that poster is just being sarcastic. I think they've been Rashford out for a long time.

He's had all summer to rest, he still looks off the pace. I think these days he's just a good back up to Garnacho unless something changes soon.

I'm pretty sure that poster is just being sarcastic. I think they've been Rashford out for a long time.
Ah ok, my bad. I haven’t rated Rashford ever to be honest, found his lack of vision and his greediness so frustrating even during his purple patches. But I was in the minority for such a long time that I presumed maybe it was just a blind spot for me.
Thanks for pointing that out though, delighted I didn’t say anything harsh back, never spotted the sarcasm :lol:

The disappointing thing is, we can see him declining, how the club can't see the same with the wealth of data etc they capture on his training and match performances, is disappointing. There's a reason some of us didn't want him getting a new contract and could see it coming, the club made a big mistake not selling him this summer.

He's lost something physically and I don't think he can regain it back.

He's nowhere near as explosive as he used to be.

But I was in the minority for such a long time that I presumed maybe it was just a blind spot for me.
Don't worry, there's a fair few of them who've been wanting to see him gone for a while. I wanted him gone when PSG were interested couple of years ago but it didn't happen and since there's very little chance of him leaving now, I just resort to hoping and praying he actually turns up during games. There are a few of his staunchest supporters who absolutely don't accept any criticism of Rashford though.

Don't worry, there's a fair few of them who've been wanting to see him gone for a while. I wanted him gone when PSG were interested couple of years ago but it didn't happen and since there's very little chance of him leaving now, I just resort to hoping and praying he actually turns up during games. There are a few of his staunchest supporters who absolutely don't accept any criticism of Rashford though.
The wages he’s on, he ain’t going anywhere for a long time unfortunately

He is finished physically, you can just see it.

A few years ago, he could knock it past most full backs and blitz them. He is simply not able to do it anymore and with that gone, his entire game is gone.

He looks like he lost a step or two, that's for certain. Just watching him get into a footrace which ends with him getting shielded off the ball is quite disheartening, and he doesn't really have the guile or strength to get it back most of the time.

Shearer criticised him on MOTD for being caught offside so much and making bad decisions during the game.

So, no euros, no distraction, a proper full rest to recover and recharge but still shit. What’s the excuse now?

He’s a noose around our neck right now. He’s too powerful, too influential just too much for any manager to deal with. He’s not performing, always look least bothered but still plays every game. Why’s that? He’s too big for any manager at Manchester United. The day we unburden ourselves the day we move forward as a club free of primadonnas.

He’s a noose around our neck right now. He’s too powerful, too influential just too much for any manager to deal with. He’s not performing, always look least bothered but still plays every game. Why’s that? He’s too big for any manager at Manchester United. The day we unburden ourselves the day we move forward as a club free of primadonnas.

Regardless of whether Ten Hag stays or not by the end of the season, if he continues to play like this, I hope Barada, with the rest of the hierarchy, will make the decision to move him on, as its best for him, and for us.

He is on similar wages as Sterling, who Chelsea informed him that they no longer count on him.

He’s looked like he’s needed a move for a few years now. For whatever reason he just doesn’t seem to have the heart to bust a gut for the club anymore, there was a moment today where he was running down the wing and as soon as the defender came up to him he stopped dead and turned backwards.. that’s not the Rashford we grew to love as a player.. he’s a better player than most defenders in the league, but he seems petrified of them all. somethings not right and it’s hampering the team too often

I forgot to add white text

Where does this dirty habit of hiding in the center of the field come from? I'm sure he dreads the one on one because he has a very good failure percentage in this exercise, but Ten Hag is ok for him to find himself center forward and Bruno or Zirkzee to find himself left winger? No because it's absolutely stupid.

INEOS cannot want to be successful and not want to sell Rashford. It's like wanting to catch fire and jump into a swimming pool. Why hasn't he been placed on the transfer list yet?

So, no euros, no distraction, a proper full rest to recover and recharge but still shit. What’s the excuse now?
I'm sure some folk will be around claiming he's carrying some mysterious injury soon enough

As long hes in the starting 11 we wont win many games