Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Giving him a new 5-year contract on such a ridiculous wage is up there with the Antony and Sancho signings.

Disasters.
Yeah situations with those 3 players are really bad. Casemiro on 4 year contract when he was 30 not great either. But Case will possibly be gone next summer, Sancho is good enough to move to Germany/Italy at some point and even Antony isn't on huge wages so perhaps will go away on a loan next year. However, Rashford looks bad, is on a huge wages and has a contract until 2028.

Our best winger again. Frustrating we aren’t quite finding him for some great chances his runs are creating yet but it will come. Unlucky with the disallowed goal - just a fraction early with the run. I don’t think we lose that match if he stays on but felt ETH had already decided Garnacho was coming on and Amad’s goal meant it had to be on the left.
I’d have to watch it again to be sure, but wasn’t it was offside, a poor effort, then it unintentionally bounced off his heel and looped over the keeper. Hardly unlucky.

It was classic Rashy. Average. This is him now.

He just looks so poor, may have already lost his place as a starter. Work rate probably better than last season at least but the lack of any quality is still as apparent.

He just looks so poor, may have already lost his place as a starter. Work rate probably better than last season at least but the lack of any quality is still as apparent.

Yeah at least he's getting into some duels and running now, but the quality just isn't there. I saw a few random clips from him under Mourinho and the difference in his explosiveness and take on ability was shocking compared to where he's at now.

Same 2 or 3 posters defending him even when he’s been brutal. He’s better than he’s shown in the last year and a half fair enough but give it up lads. There’s no excuse anymore
I don't even want to hate on Rashford, he is one of our own. But he should really have been cashed in on, we have others in his position and I really worry he can't get his form back.

In fact, we say he is out of form... He has spent more time off it, than on it during his career. At what point do we just accept he has spells of overperforming but ultimately his average weekly level just isn't going to be good enough.

Problem is that no one would want him at this kind of wage and form, definitely not the type of fee we would want. Hindsight 20/20, we should’ve sold him when his stock is sky high in summer 2023 for Kane-like fee.

Problem if he still doesn't know how the offside rule works. The team is clearly set up for him get goals and for him to be the furthest forward, but he must show a lot more care in his runs.

Yeah at least he's getting into some duels and running now, but the quality just isn't there. I saw a few random clips from him under Mourinho and the difference in his explosiveness and take on ability was shocking compared to where he's at now.

That’s the biggest concern, when he faces people up he just doesn’t have that ability to go past them anymore. I can’t shake concern he has already peaked and that he just doesn’t have ability he once had anymore.

Our best winger again. Frustrating we aren’t quite finding him for some great chances his runs are creating yet but it will come. Unlucky with the disallowed goal - just a fraction early with the run. I don’t think we lose that match if he stays on but felt ETH had already decided Garnacho was coming on and Amad’s goal meant it had to be on the left.
Unlucky? He was offside twice in the same move.

Work rate is back there and there’s no sign of the really bad body language, we saw last season (….and before that), but we’re not seeing much in the way of creativity or goal threat so far.
Too early to say, but I’m wondering if we’ll see a much improved Rashford in the coming months, but just not good enough to be a regular starter in an aspiring, top 4 challenging side.

That’s the biggest concern, when he faces people up he just doesn’t have that ability to go past them anymore. I can’t shake concern he has already peaked and that he just doesn’t have ability he once had anymore.

It sort of was evident somewhat even in Ten Hag's first year, but he was scoring so much that I didn't really care because he could still be a super dangerous player if he had turned a corner as a goalscorer like I thought. But that proved to just be a huge purple patch of form and as his end product has regressed, it's exposed how limited he is in general play these days.

Work rate is back there and there’s no sign of the really bad body language, we saw last season

I don’t know what some of you would be watching during games. His body language and workrate was every bit as bad, if not worse than last season.

Any top player learns offside at the start of their career.
Rashford still doesn’t get it towards (hopefully) the end of his United career

I don’t know what some of you would be watching during games. His body language and workrate was every bit as bad, if not worse than last season.
I'm watching Son at the moment, his sharpness, work rate, alertness is on a completely different level to what Rashford gives.
Or watch old Utd games with Beckham, Giggs, Kanchelskis etc.

There is zero urgency in how he plays. When he tries to press he just jogs to the opponent. When he gets the ball on the wing he slows it down and more often than not just passes it sideways or backwards. When he decides to dribble he runs into a bunch of defenders. His finishing is as good as a defender. He spins around and throws his hands up in the air when he doesnt get his way. I genuinely cant see anything positive with him as a player. I guess he's fast when hes bothered to run.

Its more of a comment on how bad he was last season. He's doing marginally better so far. However, he can't play a high press style and also can't play the quick combo/interplay so doesn't really contribute much to the build up. We desperately need Garnacho and Amad to step up.

I've been saying this for a while.

All the complaints about work rate are kind of helping him out.

Because the real issue is much worse.

That double stress fracture in his back and mismanagement of the initial injury has took a toll on him. He doesn't have that searing pace anymore and that was a big part of his game.

If Ten Hag values his job he will drop him. Just a guy riding off reputation and thinking he's better than he really is.

This lack of form is gonna continue and then the usual PR shitfest is going to happen.

I'm watching Son at the moment, his sharpness, work rate, alertness is on a completely different level to what Rashford gives.
Or watch old Utd games with Beckham, Giggs, Kanchelskis etc.
Just watch Garnacho - even the German commentary said that the difference is that Garnacho is proactive and trying to make something happen. Rashford just seems to wait and hope for some fluke opportunity to arise to do something.

There was at least one moment where he was neck and neck with their right back, who we’d already seen Dalot beat for pace, and he just turned back round and played a short pass. He’s so negative, it’s depressing.

No club will ever take him off our hands, and I have a feeling that his presence at the club comes with a steaming pile of "either I play or I use my influence to cause problems and spread unrest." He seems more like a football politician than a player. He had his personal glory via good deeds off the pitch and now I think his head has grown too big for him to function at the club. He is consistently awful but has enough clout to make it problematic for the manager to set him aside.

Just has no redeeming qualities anymore. If he doesn't score goals there's really nothing else to his game nowadays. He's a burden most of the games if he's like this. Not a hard worker off the ball, cant dribble, never was a huge creative player ala Bruno to offset for the lack of goals and now looks to have lost his pace too.

I really hope he finds some form soon but that just seems wishful considering he's been this way for the best part of 2 years. Even in ETHs first season Rashford goals masked his overall performance.

So I was thinking about this, how Rashford, barring 2 seasons ago, doesn’t really seemed to have changed, never mind improve, as a player, since he broke onto the scene nearly 10years ago in early 2015.

Now let’s look at some of the players that Rashford has been with in that time:
- Wayne Rooney
- ⁠Falcao
- ⁠Di Maria
- ⁠Alexis Sanchez
- ⁠Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- ⁠Edinson Cavani
- ⁠Cristiano Ronaldo

These are some of THE best players who do what they do; hold the ball up, play others in, beat others with timing and skill, time runs to break line, making the right decisions and finish chances like a motherf*cker, yet he has plateaued at every, single, one of them attributes.

His finishing is fine, his decision making is atrocious, his choice of pass vs shot or pass vs beat a player is woeful, the runs he makes (when he can’t be arsed) are in straight lines without any skill.

It’s as though, with all of the amazing talent that he’s seen EVERY SINGLE DAY in training, and hasn’t learned anything from any of them!

How the feck can this be?

It was worth giving him a chance early doors to see if there were any signs of life after a summer off, as if he had found the form of the season before last it would be a massive boost.

But he isn't showing any signs of that, so I see no reason to keep starting him.

There's honestly no excuse for his lacklustre performances so far, he didn't go the Euros and he had a full preseason.
There's no room for excuses anymore.

By any miracle could we have a run of games with this guy out of the team? What excuse does he have this season for the dross we've seen so far? Maybe a ten game benching would give him the kick up the ass he so clearly needs

So I was thinking about this, how Rashford, barring 2 seasons ago, doesn’t really seemed to have changed, never mind improve, as a player, since he broke onto the scene nearly 10years ago in early 2015.

Now let’s look at some of the players that Rashford has been with in that time:
- Wayne Rooney
- ⁠Falcao
- ⁠Di Maria
- ⁠Alexis Sanchez
- ⁠Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- ⁠Edinson Cavani
- ⁠Cristiano Ronaldo

These are some of THE best players who do what they do; hold the ball up, play others in, beat others with timing and skill, time runs to break line, making the right decisions and finish chances like a motherf*cker, yet he has plateaued at every, single, one of them attributes.

His finishing is fine, his decision making is atrocious, his choice of pass vs shot or pass vs beat a player is woeful, the runs he makes (when he can’t be arsed) are in straight lines without any skill.

It’s as though, with all of the amazing talent that he’s seen EVERY SINGLE DAY in training, and hasn’t learned anything from any of them!

How the feck can this be?
He actually broke onto the scene in early 2016 but I get your point.

With Rashford sometimes I think he doesn't have much motivation left. He could retire before turning 30 and I won't be surprised at all. I am probably exaggerating but maybe another big contract he signed in May 2023 took away some of the fire. Don't know but it's certainly not looking good.

This has always bugged me about him. Being offside and running at defenders when better options are available. He has all the tools but somehow it just doesn’t click with him

Such a shame he was offside, as that lying on the floor looking at the goal, and accidentally sticking his foot out and the ball going in off his heel would have been one of the all time hilarious goals.

I’m not even upset with his performance. I feel like he worked hard, made runs in behind and closed down well.

The issue is hopes of the Rashford of old to return are a waste of time. He’s peaked and what we see now is what we get with him. He might have a decent run of form at a point in the season but he’s no longer a player we should be relying on.