Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
It’s hard to watch Rashford at the moment. He looks so far off an elite level football player. His overall skill set was always a little limited. But he’s lost the explosive pace from a standing start, and his demeanour on the pitch is terrible.

Confidence is a funny thing, and it might just be his is shot, but he genuinely looks like he resents having to play football for a living.

1st class whingy arm movements, same lack of awareness, poor dribbling, making himself unavailable moving into offside positions.

Nothing positive from him today.

Giving him a new 5-year contract on such a ridiculous wage is up there with the Antony and Sancho signings.

Disasters.

He is only good against teams that leave acres of space at the back to counterattack, but he’s not capitalising on those consistently anymore.

If we’re playing a low block team, we may as well play with 10 men. The tactic to nullify is pretty simple at this point. Make him hug the touchline, have two men on him and he gets frustrated easily. Stand up to him, he’ll run into you and you’ll win the ball back without needing to tackle.

I'd play him against Liverpool as he has a knack for scoring in big games, but it really looks like he needs to be left out of the team for us to start becoming a better unit.
That's the key. We still have players who don't fit into the puzzle. Square block for round holes. Until ETH is brave enough to start playing those who make as a better unit, we'll still get these performances.

He's become a Conservative.

Gets paid millions to not do his job properly, then gets another go anyway.

The issue with leaving Rashford out is that Garancho on the left looks to be paying tribute to him most of the time.

Getting Chiesa in exchange for Sancho might not be the worst idea.

His body language is bad. Like he is playing just because he must.
Yes, it doesn`t look good.
He tracks back and all but you can never shake the feeling his head is somewhere else. Garnacho isn`t killing it at the moment either but you can see he actually is there and wants it.

Have to say the attempted balls over the top for his runs in behind have been horrendous.

Casemiro had 2 attempts today and fecked them both up. Bruno had another horrendous attempt.

He should be getting more 1v1s against the keeper if we could pass a ball.

Having said that, he just doesn't do enough. He needs to feel himself onside for that Amad cross in the first half.

Our best winger again. Frustrating we aren’t quite finding him for some great chances his runs are creating yet but it will come. Unlucky with the disallowed goal - just a fraction early with the run. I don’t think we lose that match if he stays on but felt ETH had already decided Garnacho was coming on and Amad’s goal meant it had to be on the left.

Our best winger again. Frustrating we aren’t quite finding him for some great chances his runs are creating yet but it will come. Unlucky with the disallowed goal - just a fraction early with the run. I don’t think we lose that match if he stays on but felt ETH had already decided Garnacho was coming on and Amad’s goal meant it had to be on the left.
This is a joke yeah? He was terrible again, refused to take his FB on most the time and created nothing. There is clearly a big mental issue happening with him and you can see it when he’s on the pitch. He needs to be used an impact sub when the game opens up later in games.

Agree. He definitely is made a scapecoat today. I thought he played well and could have been through quite a few times if we passed better.

What game were you watching?

I'm just going to say this and bail before any pile on. We really need to utilise the runs our forwards make, whether it's him (and he made many) or others we need to play it other the top sometimes and stop trying to tikitaka it through all the time. We aren't playing to his strengths and judging by our goals scored over the last year or so we aren't really playing to anyone's..... as Rasmus makes those runs too. Scholes or Bruno from a few years back is making that dink pass for fun....

Our best winger again.

23 touches, 7 possession losses, 1/3 dribbles complete (his first successful dribble of the season; currently sitting at 1/8), 0 shots, 0 crosses completed, 0 key passes, 0 through balls, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 blocks, 0 aerial duels won.

Other than that he was good.

He's wasting his career playing poorly. He and us need to part ways now for both the Club's and his own sake.

23 touches, 7 possession losses, 1/3 dribbles complete (his first successful dribble of the season; currently sitting at 1/8), 0 shots, 0 crosses completed, 0 key passes, 0 through balls, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 blocks, 0 aerial duels won.

:lol: damn. Thats a drop the mic comment.

His form has fallen totally off a cliff. At this stage it's 18months or more of rubbish. So is it form...or is he done at top level. Reminds me of torres. Lost a yard of place and bar that hasn't enough In locker to beat a player. Looks done to me. He stands players up,tries a trick to beat them and can't. Zero output off our left.

One thing I will say though is that you can see who watches the games without bias and who is agenda posting...

If you read Doracle's posts about Rashford without watching the games over the last year, it would be hard to believe that he wasn't in the team of the season.

That is demonstrably untrue, and you know it is untrue. Must be a WUM, or his PR agent.

He obviously was. Don’t let your dislike of him cloud judging a match properly. It will do you a lot of good to just approach every match with a neutral view on our players, especially at the start of the season.
It's impossible to be completely neutral. How can you support an unprofessional player? A player whose artificial status is that of a genuine superstar and is compensated financially in accordance to that? You're quite obviously going to have a lot more time for a player who is professional and is playing at a level that is in line with his pay.

Rashford was his usual poor self. Killing us.

Made some decent runs off the ball, but often times never got the pass.

But on it he is shocking, no purpose, no intensity. Honestly can't see how he keeps his place in the team, Garnacho may not be much better but his link up play and running with the ball with much more purpose and direction, his final ball is also just poor.

He’s utterly useless and always has been, bar a few purple patches here and there. Can’t wait to see him leave. Nothing personal but I hate his footballing contribution.

How on earth was he our best winger today

Have no fecking clue how people thought he was decent today :lol:

Basically did nothing right apart from a couple decent off the ball runs (which is the only threat he really carries these days anyways). If he's stuck near the touchline with the ball he's fecked because his take on skills are non-existent compared to what they used to be. Sad really.

Absolutely mental take. He's been utter shit for over a year now.

Given a fair shot because of pre-season, but now deserves to be dropped despite Garnacho and Amad showing how green they are.

Jesus. He wasn’t our best winger. He was our worst player on the pitch

He will leave on a free when his contract expires in the summer of 2028

It's a tricky one with Rashford, because as far as tactics and personnel, not much has changed for him since last season. He is still playing on the LW, still playing with a makeshift LB behind him, and still has Bruno/Casemiro playing him in.

It's 95% the same as last season, so expecting a big difference from him is a bit strange. He needs to come up with a new thing, whatever that may, be to help himself out of this rut.

He would be playing badly on 50k a week. On 300k a week, it is diabolical. He needs to be sold.

It's not tricky or conflicted with Rashford at all. We should have cashed in this summer and got the most we could for him.

Another bad season this year and his value with plummet.

He hasn't started that well, seems to have lost a step in terms of pace and has never been that good at connecting the play.

I hate my job yet i still work harder than him, at least for professionalism sake.

Not giving your all when you're in shit form is inexcusable. Running and giving 100% should be the bare minimum of our poster boy.

The fans have given him too much excuses. At any other top club he would have been booted out unceremoniously. He wasn't even that great in his best year anyway.

We will never win anything big with him in the squad

It's not tricky or conflicted with Rashford at all. We should have cashed in this summer and got the most we could for him.

Another bad season this year and his value with plummet.

He hasn't started that well, seems to have lost a step in terms of pace and has never been that good at connecting the play.

Same 2 or 3 posters defending him even when he’s been brutal. He’s better than he’s shown in the last year and a half fair enough but give it up lads. There’s no excuse anymore