2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Very very bad. In keeping with all of his performances since his first big injury. Which was strange considering the rave reviews he was getting at the Copa.
All his performances? He was very good in the FA Cup final, no?

Sometimes his aggression and urge to win the ball takes him into bad situations. The way he dealt with that second Traore 1 v 1 was perfect defending, didn't allow it to become a physical battle until it was on his terms, patient, picked his moment and made Traore look like the dumbass that he is. More of that, fewer impetuous lunges.

He hasn`t been killing it for some time. His position as untouchable first choice LCB needs to be questioned.
His lack of pace and strength is an issue in certain situations.

All his performances? He was very good in the FA Cup final, no?

I guess so? Actually can’t remember. I just remember generally thinking he looked a bit ropy every time he played last season. The way he plays there’s such a fine line between being class and unacceptably rash. His passing has been a bit off too.

Wasn't a great game by his standards.

His missed sliding tackle was rash and stupid. He's a slow starter, I'm confident he'll come good.
I would play Maguire and De Ligt next game and give Martinez more time to regain his fitness and sharpness.

He's just rusty. He was outstanding at the Copa so I'm not having it that he's not the same since his injury.

Mixed bag today. Some bad moments, some good. Hopefully he has gotten those mistakes out of his system

I guess so? Actually can’t remember. I just remember generally thinking he looked a bit ropy every time he played last season. The way he plays there’s such a fine line between being class and unacceptably rash. His passing has been a bit off too.
Admittedly my memory is sketchy (aging and all that...) but I seem to remember him looking good in the brief period that he returned after Xmas and then again in the Cup final. The big problem (and the thing that continues to worry me) is his availability.

I also remember that he did.

He hasn`t been killing it for some time. His position as untouchable first choice LCB needs to be questioned.
His lack of pace and strength is an issue in certain situations.
A bit melodramatic. Pep said after the FA Cup final that he's one of the top 5 CBs in the world, and I'm inclined to agree with him.

He just watched the replay of himself out muscling Traore and said "I sent him to the gym" :lol:

That was not a good performance from him. Looked rusty as hell.

Beyond the “sent him to the gym” line, he is really coming across as a potential captain. I am just so wary of falling in love with Argentinians after our past few!
I love that he was totally aware of the Carragher height comment thing :lol:

Might be forgetting another instance so please inform me if I did, but I only recall the one time where he sat off Adama on the left and allowed Adama to knock the ball past and run him as his only mistake today. Please let me know people that think he was bad. If it was just that 1 time he made up for it when he knocked a guy twice his size over defending in the box the next time.

Oof, that was a poor game but hung in there at least.

Fecking class interview on Sky Sports though. That's why he's a warrior.

Spoke well on Sky just then. A bit of a reckless game tonight but hopefully back to his best soon

Might be forgetting another instance so please inform me if I did, but I only recall the one time where he sat off Adama on the left and allowed Adama to knock the ball past and run him as his only mistake today. Please let me know people that think he was bad. If it was just that 1 time he made up for it when he knocked a guy twice his size over defending in the box the next time.
Dived in a few times when he probably shouldn't but I didn't think he was bad at all.

A bit melodramatic. Pep said after the FA Cup final that he's one of the top 5 CBs in the world, and I'm inclined to agree with him.
I think Licha looked shaky on a number of situations tonight. And he was not crazy good vs City either. We have some decent options in now.
Maguire looked like a man on a mission tonight and De Ligt looked sharp the few minutes he had as well. Quite sure they could play well together. Hopefully he improves, we need him at his best

He’s so f*cking likeable. He’s obviously the perfect teammate. You’d go to war with that man.

Clearly still building back up to full match fitness. Or maybe he’s still high from winning Copa America. Either way, I’m not too worried, can’t wait to see him on top form next to De Ligt!

Most of his rasher moments came when we loosened the midfield control in search of the goal + late on when gassed. He will be fine when we get more physicality in and be able to stay on top for the whole game in duels.

Also between Shaw/Dalot/Mazraoui and whoever partner him out of De Ligt/Yoro/Maguire, there won’t be a shortage of aerial control so that will free him up to focus on his playmaking and aggression.

I think Licha looked shaky on a number of situations tonight. And he was not crazy good vs City either. We have some decent options in now.
Maguire looked like a man on a mission tonight and De Ligt looked sharp the few minutes he had as well. Quite sure they could play well together. Hopefully he improves, we need him at his best
I agree Maguire had the better game of the pair today, but we've seen enough evidence over the past 2 years to know that we're a better team with Martinez in it.

Clearly still building back up to full match fitness. Or maybe he’s still high from winning Copa America. Either way, I’m not too worried, can’t wait to see him on top form next to De Ligt!
What I love is that we now have a group of quality CBs (I include Maguire in there), so if one is having a bad game/run of form, we have quality options to bring in.

How about the time he lunged in to try and win the ball on the half way line and was left sitting on his arse while Fulham somehow messed up a 4v2?

Shame his interview was the best part of his performance tonight, but that clearance was brave and enough to warrant praise.

Needs to cut out the sloppiness quickly. Saw it last week too, he’s much better than that. Hopefully just lack of pre-season.