2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Not his best performance but surprised to see the comments on here saying he was awful and should be benched etc. he was broadly fine
It’s so odd.No preseason and came back like a week ago. He wasn’t even bad, he just was ok.

Fair fecks to Carragher for this :lol:

On Licha; he just keeps showing how much of a General he is. For me he's the captain when Bruno isn't playing. I have confidence that he'll get into the swing of things soon. I wish I could say that for all of our players.

That was a great interview, love the man. I gotta say I have respect for how Carragher walked back his comments on Martinez in his first season and is able to joke about getting it wrong. Tons of pundits would have (*cough* Souness *cough*) died on that hill.

He had to learn just how quick Adama was early on (which he did) and there was one weird bit in the second half where he gave the ball away three times in quick succession. I think those were the only faults in an otherwise strong performance.

I go back to a point I made last season about double standards on this forum...

I like Martinez, he's a good player...BUT...some of you need to think about whether you apply the same standards to all of our players or whether you are blinded by biases and favouritism.

Last night Martinez had three moments that Maguire would have been absolutely savaged for on here.

1) Skinned by Traore, led to a big chance for Fulham.
2) Bad pass to nobody in own penalty area put us back into trouble and led to a corner.
3) Committed and then outmuscled leading to a 2 vs 1 that Fulham should have scored from.

All I am saying is this...if you really want to understand where we are as a team and how we compare with our rivals, you have to see the good and the bad in your own players. We all LIKE Martinez, but liking him doesn't make him better than Saliba, Gabriel, Stones, Dias, Van Dijk etc...

He's been excellent at times and he's looked shaky at times. He needs to be much better than he was last night if we are to achieve top four.

The fact that he is so physically undercooked in terms of pace, height and to a certain degree, strength, means that he basically needs to be perfect in his judgement. He often is, and is a brilliant asset when that's the case. But it means he is playing on a knife edge most of the time, and it remains to be seen if he can do that season-in, season-out for us.

Thought his interview last night was impressive. His love for the club is genuine he really wants to succeed here. Even Keane was speechless

Whilst I agree with the premise, that was definitely more a 4 or 5 display from Martinez yesterday. First match of the season so he gets a pass but he will be out of the team fairly swiftly if he continues to play like that. Spoke really well in the interview with Sky after though.
I'd give it a six personally. He got rinsed by Traore badly once and had a bad pass in the box but he also had a couple crucial tackles and was solid otherwise. Only player yesterday flirting with a 5 for me was Bruno but even then i could see people giving him a 6.

Did get caught similar Deligt in getting drawn in but solid overall. Adds a balance that aids us though and his passing in build up phase will be crucial for us this season.

He’ll usually needs a few games to get going, hopefully he doesn’t get injured by then.

I like Martinez, he's a good player...BUT...some of you need to think about whether you apply the same standards to all of our players or whether you are blinded by biases and favouritism.

Last night Martinez had three moments that Maguire would have been absolutely savaged for on here.

2) Bad pass to nobody in own penalty area put us back into trouble and led to a corner.
3) Committed and then outmuscled leading to a 2 vs 1 that Fulham should have scored from.

All I am saying is this...if you really want to understand where we are as a team and how we compare with our rivals, you have to see the good and the bad in your own players. We all LIKE Martinez, but liking him doesn't make him better than Saliba, Gabriel, Stones, Dias, Van Dijk etc...

He's been excellent at times and he's looked shaky at times. He needs to be much better than he was last night if we are to achieve top four.
I think that's a fair take, and I didn't think he was great against Fulham either. I think people are quickly forgetting the FA cup final performance though which even Pep praised. We need that Martinez back and I'm confident he'll be back to that level sooner rather than later and most importantly he'll stay at a consistent level like his first season at the club. Needs to stay injury free though.

If you are gonna criticise every CB that gets beat in a race with Traore then its gonna be a pretty long list.

Luckily for the entire league that's about all Traore can do! guy is in the wrong sport because he can't kick a ball...but he can run fast so commentators love him for some reason.

If you are gonna criticise every CB that gets beat in a race with Traore then its gonna be a pretty long list.

Luckily for the entire league that's about all Traore can do! guy is in the wrong sport because he can't kick a ball...but he can run fast so commentators love him for some reason.

I love watching that part of Traore his game too. It is super impressive to see such a freak of nature make elite athletes look slow and weak.

Like you said, Traore can beat pretty much anyone in a race. Although Micky van de Ven could maybe stop him, that would be an interesting duel to see.

Any good websites that you can see line-ups and results all on the one page. Wanna see our clean sheet record with him and without since he came.

Really surprised by these comments. I must be the only one that thought he played OK :eek:

Well, Lisandro was one of the last players to join in preseason and clearly unfit. However, he has proven to be reliable (performance wise) and can deal with much more physical opposition with no issues. He is a class of his own in what WE need/trying to build which is building from the back, line breaking passes, receiving under pressure, and leadership. Comparing different CBs in teams which are further than us in development and have had a stable system for years is illogical. I bet you if you put any of the mentioned above in our back four with our gapping midfield and they’d get way more exposed and caught out.

Really surprised by these comments. I must be the only one that thought he played OK :eek:
He was fine. Some here are over analysing. I was particularly impressed the way he quickly learned how to close Traore after one mistake. That's the sign of top intelligent player. We are lucky to have him.

Not shocked to see you nitpicking a below average performance from him. It’s beyond tedious the lack of transparency in your posts.

And most importantly you could see Lisandro learned from that one time he let him accelerate from him and later on when the two came together he physically outmuscled him. Sure its a mistake to let him get away the first time but we saw that he wont let it happen again.

Compare that to Torres Vs. Vidic for example...

When did 2) and 3) happen so I can go and watch for myself? I dont remember those incidents

When did 2) and 3) happen so I can go and watch for myself? I dont remember those incidents

Wasn't 3 when he lunged in, mistimed the challenge and the ball fell to Andreas. Maguire then saved us with his size 13s.

About the game, he had just an Ok game, he wasn't as bad as it said nor that terrible with so many knee jerk reactions.
Yet he had some mistakes that he normally doesn't (being skinned by Traore or whomever, that can always happen to any defender, isn't one). But the level of nitpicking or critique it's a bit too much for this game, the exact opposite examples you've mentioned also happened in the game with pretty crucial plays, so at the end it was just Ok, a game a bit too much on the extremes of good and bad actions from him, that's why it was just OK.

And now in general, of course in terms of talent he is in the same bracket of many of those mentioned, like if those never been skinned or just having ok or bad games, yet he doesn't have the carreer in Premier those have, neither had the perfect timing regarding Manchester United's current period.
There is a reason why many of those players have look better too in certain periods of their carreers and also why Lisandro looks better in the NT, at some point they had a proper team playing as such.
Man Utd has to pretty fast become better to not make any defender, from Maguire, to Lisandro look worse than they can be, if not with every own mistakes, or not, they'll be more exposed than defenders playing more well oiled teams.

Last edited:
In fact Maguire has been praise as hell, and he was indeed quite good, but even in stats he ain't two steps above what Licha did in this game.

MAGUIRE

Minutes played
81'
Goals
Assists
Expected Assists (xA)
Clearances
Blocked shots
Interceptions
Total tackles
Dribbled past
Ground duels (won)
3 (1)
Aerial duels (won)
6 (5)
Possession lost
Fouls
Was fouled
Touches
Accurate passes
50/60 (83%)
Key passes
Crosses (acc.)
0 (0)
Long balls (acc.)
5 (2)
Shots on target
Shots off target
Shots blocked
Dribble attempts (succ.)
2 (1)

LISANDRO

Minutes played
90'
Goals
Assists
Expected Assists (xA)
Clearances
Blocked shots
Interceptions
Total tackles
Dribbled past
Ground duels (won)
6 (3)
Aerial duels (won)
1 (0)
Possession lost

Fouls
Was fouled
Touches
Accurate passes
54/61 (89%)
Key passes
Crosses (acc.)
0 (0)
Long balls (acc.)
6 (4)
Shots on target
Shots off target
Shots blocked
Dribble attempts (succ.)
0 (0)

The worse part for me, was him in some ocassions being over confident and loosing too much the ball for his usual standards (Maguire in his best self lost it 4 times more). Maguire was above solid and looked more agressive than usual and I trully liked his mtach, yet Licha being just Ok, it's not that far away in terms of perfomance...of course it's more noticeable with him if he for instance anticipates wrongly, that last foul in the 90 minute near the corner was really silly, due to trying to anticipate a play when tehre was no need, he already had pushed the rival against the line, quite a rushed silly foul.

Last edited:
Not shocked to see you nitpicking a below average performance from him. It’s beyond tedious the lack of transparency in your posts.
You can disagree with me but accusing me of "lacking transparency" is a strange sort of accusation...not even really sure what you mean by that but my post itself could barely be clearer.

I also appreciate that going against popular opinion on here brings a flurry of angry responses but I remember how I used to get 10+ notifications each time I suggested Rashford might not be all that...and now it's common consensus he's not the level required.

To avoid any confusion on Martinez, he's one of my favourite United players and definitely one of our best two CBs.

BUT...and unfortunately there is a BUT for me....I have some doubts about whether he is as good as some of those CBs I mentioned. Bear in-mind, we're talking about some of the very best CBs in Europe.

I'm not jumping to any firm conclusions yet, let's see how this season goes - hopefully he can stay injury free, benefit from a regular partner, a more solid defensive unit and a better press / shape ahead of him.

Because he was rinsed by bloody Traore? The guy who can do that to every defender on the planet. This place.
It's a weakness he's always had in his game. Watch out for it in the next few games and you'll see what I mean.

Pundits, opposition fans and journalists are raving about him the other night. Resilience and character seems to be lost with people who are criticising his performance. I got done by a man whose piss could melt a metal jug. And didnt get done again from him. Total beast. Cant be fully fit, either. Yet his leadership shined through.

Because he was rinsed by bloody Traore? The guy who can do that to every defender on the planet. This place.
The rash, mistimed tackles and clumsy fouls worry me more than the one or two times he gets bypassed.

Say what you like, after Bruno he’s the first name on my team sheet

Licha might wanna hire a bodyguard:o

Btw since I remember the story being on here he was lying when he said he doesn't lift. Those arms are full of blood and have stritations. This only happens when you have lifted. He may not specifically have lifted weights - perhaps he was lifting a person, or something else of weight. But still weight of some fashion. Absolutely nobody wakes up with a pump like that

Btw since I remember the story being on here he was lying when he said he doesn't lift. Those arms are full of blood and have stritations. This only happens when you have lifted. He may not specifically have lifted weights - perhaps he was lifting a person, or something else of weight. But still weight of some fashion. Absolutely nobody wakes up with a pump like that
Surely, nobody believes that he doesn't lift weights in some form or other? He may lift cars or even small homes, but lifting is something he does repeatedly. That, or he does pushups with his neighbourhood on his back, and pull-ups with a medium sized country between his legs.