2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Lisandro is an excellent player, but I fear he isn't quite as good a pure defender as some believe. He makes up for it with his all round package but being weak in the air and a bit slow is always going to cause issues.

God I want this guy to stay fit this year.. Older video but it winds me up in a great way!

Absolutely brilliant player. Not sure about him as an inverted LB as I think we might see that for a little while (possibly tonight). Him and de Ligt will be a monstrous pairing though, I’m confident.

Absolutely brilliant player. Not sure about him as an inverted LB as I think we might see that for a little while (possibly tonight). Him and de Ligt will be a monstrous pairing though, I’m confident.
Yeah, I love Licha, but I don't like him at LB at all. Doesn't have any real pace, and he can't use his evasiveness on the ball in the same way when he's parked up against the touchline.

Really hope we just chuck Mazraoui in there and have Martinez/De Ligt or Martinez/Maguire at CB depending on fitness.

Lisandro is an excellent player, but I fear he isn't quite as good a pure defender as some believe. He makes up for it with his all round package but being weak in the air and a bit slow is always going to cause issues.
Weak in the air and a bit slow? Jamie, is that you? :wenger:

Which one of those do you disagree with?
Both. He knows how tall he is, he has been a revelation in defence for United. He's been winning headers against taller strikers when he had no right to win them. He missed a major chunk of the season and it showed on the team what United missed.

If he was so weak in the air, City would have certainly targeted him in the FA cup final especially when they were trailing for the majority of the match. He won headers and defended brilliantly against Haaland.

A CB can also be slow and a great defender. Not that Martinez is slow but his reading of the game is excellent. If he stays injury free, you will see how United's fortunes improve dramatically.

Both. He knows how tall he is, he has been a revelation in defence for United. He's been winning headers against taller strikers when he had no right to win them. He missed a major chunk of the season and it showed on the team what United missed.

If he was so weak in the air, City would have certainly targeted him in the FA cup final especially when they were trailing for the majority of the match. He won headers and defended brilliantly against Haaland.

A CB can also be slow and a great defender. Not that Martinez is slow but his reading of the game is excellent. If he stays injury free, you will see how United's fortunes improve dramatically.
Exactly he is quicker in the head than most opponents and nicks the ball when they think they are going to shoot or score.

He's a fabulous footballer.

I also cant imagine how much impact he must have on the team in terms of energy, determination and spirit when is on the pitch, training ground and in the dressing room..

So important he stays fit.. He will be monstrous with De Ligt..

I also cant imagine how much impact he must have on the team in terms of energy, determination and spirit when is on the pitch, training ground and in the dressing room..

So important he stays fit.. He will be monstrous with De Ligt..

I think with Lisandro and De Ligt together they have captain type leadership in their character both and Yoro may develop it too especially playing next to them. And young players will really benefit from playing in the team with those types of players. Similar to in the past when Ander used to play and the rest of the team got more stuck into challenges and pressed more following on from what he was doing.

Martinez is actually very quick and agile, more so than most cbs. He may lack a little bit of top speed, but he’s still fast enough over distances.

Great player!

I did say he was an excellent player but he is not flawless. He lacks speed over distance, but yes he is nimble and agile on the turn which combined with his aggression makes him a particularly good front foot presser/anticipator, if that is a word.

A CB can also be slow and a great defender. Not that Martinez is slow but his reading of the game is excellent. If he stays injury free, you will see how United's fortunes improve dramaticall

He contests relatively few headers if you look at the stats, bottom 7 percentile of headers by CB's won per 90 in the 22/23 season according to FBREF (and bottom 1% last season) Again this doesn't mean he is not a top player but it is an area that has to be considered when building around him.

Man Utd 1:0 Fulham New
Poor.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's displaced from the XI by season's end if Yoro's the real deal.

Poor against City, poor today.

Stupid mistakes that could cost us goals. With De Ligt coming in and Maguire playing great, he should be benched at the moment

Always feel like he starts slow. Will be putting up top performances again within a couple games.

As always, it’s clear to see how world class Martinez is because there are people here waiting for him to have a couple mistakes to post he should be benched.

Prepare those knees my fellas, your poor football knowledge doesn’t let you see these are the first couple games in the season, he’s going to get in shape and make us quote you in the future.

Meanwhile he still saved the team today and delivered some great balls.

Some good moments like when he was stronger than Adama and leaned him off the ball. But some mistakes too including when Adama ran him down the wing

He's built up enough goodwill to have a poor game or two. On to the next one.

Really hope I'm completely wrong but starting to look like a slow descent into Heinze

Bit rusty not only with a few early dives in, but also his passing. Uncharacteristically made a few passes straight to Bassey a couple times.

Awful, one of his worst performances for the club and luckily it didn't cost us. Still, not worried and think he will get back into form. We really need him at his best.

I think he'll be on the bench in some games if the team is full strength in defence.

I've seen reviews from "a bit rusty" to "turning into Heinze." I think this place just likes a moan.

Looked rusty still, as he did in the Charity Shield, but he's coming back and playing a lot more minutes sooner than he should have to after playing in the Copa right to the end.

Some good moments, but doesn't have full match sharpness. I feel like Mainoo is in the same boat after his run in the Euros. Unfortunately, we need both of them now.

He was far from very very bad which feeling I get from some posters... He had some off moments, the most obvious one the weird tackle where he exposed Maguire 2 to 1, but he had plenty and plenty of good influence, passes and interceptions as well..

With Maguire's performance tonight it's just nice to see a strong nucleus at the center. And he will have many better games than tonight - it's the first game and they've not had a long rest either.

Very very bad. In keeping with all of his performances since his first big injury. Which was strange considering the rave reviews he was getting at the Copa.
Copa a different beast to the EPL though. Otamendi constantly looks good there and hes pushing 50.

I don't think he was that bad. Wasn't a perfect performance, but good enough with some minor misses and some important challenges