2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
If we buy a right sided cb in De Ligt/Yoro and a left sided cb like Branthwaite maybe we’ll see a change in position from Martinez. I don’t think I’m imagining it last season that he said he could play defensive midfield. He’d be great there IMO.

EtH is on record saying he can't play that position because he doesn't have the running capacity.

I think he’s by far and away our best CB and excels there so we shouldn’t be fecking around with his position too much.
Remember when he was 1v1 with Salah out wide at Anfield? I don’t wanna see him at LB tbh

I think he’s by far and away our best CB and excels there so we shouldn’t be fecking around with his position too much.
Remember when he was 1v1 with Salah out wide at Anfield? I don’t wanna see him at LB tbh

You mean when he was about to cover it sucessfully but slipped? And Salah saw a man running towards the area unmarked because shaw was jogging?

I agree with this totally; however you have to wonder what running capacity Eriksen and Casimero had last season

They don't, which is why we suffered big time. Ten Hag tried not to play Ericksen as much as he could because he is a liability, with his running and not being able to shield a ball. Not sure how it would've gone down if on loan Amrabat started to play regularly before 350k per week Casemiro, who reportedly kicked a fuss when he found out that he is not starting the FA Cup final. I hope he rectifies that this year, otherwise, it would be the end of him.

He should be raring to go now, straight into Pre-Season. Needs games after a year off.

Hoping for a big season from him with minimal fitness troubles. I hope he's put that behind him.

With all the talk of more defenders, Brainthwaite/De Light etc.. feels like this isn't a squad signing.

I was wondering if anyone thinks EtH is considering moving Martinez out of CD, as either LB or CDM?

----------- Bruno
Butcher ------- Ugarte/Mainoo

is a very solid central midfield, I haven't heard any rumours of this, just wondering if anyone thinks it might be the future direction?

With all the talk of more defenders, Brainthwaite/De Light etc.. feels like this isn't a squad signing.

I was wondering if anyone thinks EtH is considering moving Martinez out of CD, as either LB or CDM?

----------- Bruno

is a very solid central midfield, I haven't heard any rumours of this, just wondering if anyone thinks it might be the future direction?

Interesting, but can I tempt you to read the first post of this page?

----------- Bruno

Maybe it would give them more flexibility to play 3 CBs in the back, and have someone like Martinez switch between CB and MF as needed

Could see something like this.
---------------------Onana----------------------
--------De Ligt------Yoro-----Martinez-------
Dalot------------------------------------------Shaw
-----------------Mainoo----Ugate--------------
Garnacho------------------------------Bruno
-------------------Hojlund/Zirkzee

Looked sluggish today, beaten easily a few too many times, not a LB. Was hoping he would be a little further on than some of the others given how late the Copa ran but probably only had a couple of days training.

Big season for him, needs to stay fit, we speak of him as one of the best in the league, needs to play to it.

I’m surprised he played full 90 mins today considering he just got back recently..

Because there was no other CB on the bench today.
Yeah had we not signed DeLigt today, there would be alarm bells ringing in my head because Licha needs to be managed wisely in terms of playing time..

It was a huge risk playing him for 90 today but he came out unscathed and hopefully we don’t hear of any minor knocks during the next day or two because we definitely need him for next weekend

At fault for the goal, a copy of when Toney skint him last season. He was good before that but thats worrying.
Oh come on. He was skinned by a little tricky winger with rapid acceleration and a low centre of gravity that he was unable to follow. Bobb made a perfect move that I doubt any CB would be expected to follow.

It’s so strange how in the match thread people were raving about what Bobb did, and at the same time criticising Licha for being beaten there.

At fault for the goal, a copy of when Toney skint him last season. He was good before that but thats worrying.

Not worrying at all. Defenders get 'skinned' sometimes. Even the best of them. If we didnt have a right winger who was slipping and ducking defending but a right back who would head the ball away nobody would even mention the moment.

Attacking player did well and our defense didnt do so well.

Also made a shocking amateur pass in the first half that almost led to their goal. Clearly looked off the pace, but perhaps expected as it’s his first 90 minutes. Will need to be upto speed in the next game.

Also made a shocking amateur pass in the first half that almost led to their goal. Clearly looked off the pace, but perhaps expected as it’s his first 90 minutes. Will need to be upto speed in the next game.

Yeah, you can tell that he was tired towards the end of the game and he lacked sharpness, hence the "defending" for the goal. He seemed half the player while he was at left back. As soon as he stepped into LCB, he started impacting the game. That pass for Fernandes goal so sooo sweet.

Thankfully Shaw’s return will see him back in his best role. I don’t like him at full back, he looked uncomfortable out there.

Could see something like this.
---------------------Onana----------------------
--------De Ligt------Yoro-----Martinez-------
Dalot------------------------------------------Shaw
-----------------Mainoo----Ugate--------------
Garnacho------------------------------Bruno
-------------------Hojlund/Zirkzee
Has ETH ever played 3 at the back with wingbacks?

Ultimately he's not all that as a defender, which some of us know.

Have you ever said anything positive about a current Manchester United player or a potential future Manchester United player?
Maguire being better (or, at least, not worse) than De Ligt has got to count. The man is known for his impeccable taste in centre backs.

Maguire being better (or, at least, not worse) than De Ligt has got to count. The man is known for his impeccable taste in centre backs.
If we're going to highlight 'memes' for one CB we should do it it for all shouldn't we?

No concerns from me. He’s a CB, not a LB. By my reckoning Haaland was a nonfactor today.

Oh come on. He was skinned by a little tricky winger with rapid acceleration and a low centre of gravity that he was unable to follow. Bobb made a perfect move that I doubt any CB would be expected to follow.

It’s so strange how in the match thread people were raving about what Bobb did, and at the same time criticising Licha for being beaten there.
Exact same situation he got skint by Toney last year. I like Martinez but that was piss poor again today, cost us a trophy. fecking too slow.

Have you ever said anything positive about a current Manchester United player or a potential future Manchester United player?
Of course he has, Harry Maguire. The only good Manchester United player.

Exact same situation he got skint by Toney last year. I like Martinez but that was piss poor again today, cost us a trophy. fecking too slow.
If anything, I’d argue he’s one of the more agile and quick CBs inside his own box. Not on a long foot race mind you. I’d expect most centre backs to struggle in that exact same scenario.