Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Meaningless trophies? We hadn’t won 1 for like 6 years before ETH. Fans was crying out for trophies. How is beating our local rivals in the FA cup final meaningless? Some fan you are. Only Mourinho betters ETH for me. And this ain’t me defending ETH, I want him gone just like everyone els.
Exactly. The trophies are not fecking meaningless.

You make your own luck in this game and it starts with playing well and putting the game out of sight, before you open yourself up to any potential incorrect decision.

Being ‘unlucky’ and ‘injuries’ are not valid excuses at this point; the league table doesn’t lie and is the absolute reflection of where we are. Perhaps we have to drop further to the bottom 3 for INEOS to take some positive action or do we need to start a Go Fund me page to contribute to ETH’s severance?

No other big club would be wearing this and it is now getting embarrassing.

Explain to me why? LVG won an FA cup in the final against Palace. ETH won one against the best team in Europe. Enough said

I feel with LVG his management was more augmented towards a longer-term approach, the team had a defined philosophy that wasn't without fault but it was more stable of a foundation to build from compared to Erik.

Under Erik's tenure the team has played a marginally different style at the infancy of each season, none bearing any fruit that the manager or team can hang their hats on.

Given the finances allocated, subjectively, I have Erik as the second worst manager United have hired behind Moyes.

It's now at a point where we have to discredit his achievements with Ajax because nothing he's done in his career has any feasibility of being transferable to where he is currently residing with this United team.

I mean if many on here disregarded Flick's period with Bayern then it's even more nonsensical to suggest that Erik's achievements with Ajax bring any credibility to what he's capable of at United.

I'm curious to why Fener of all matches was the last straw when this has been evident ever since that league cup win?
No particular reason. I just felt we were so bloodless and insipid a few days ago that it clicked on me that the proverbial bread has finally gone stale -- that there is nothing he can do to make us a better side.

Seeing this makes me realize how much heavy lifting that single win do in my head.

Wanna see something cool?

47e8e26e45ab0c9d4f3ba31e38e69709760b4738.pnj

we have 4 wins in 14 :nervous:

We will only get a slight improvement.

Have you see our squad and the clowns he signed?
That is the concern. At no point has he seemingly realised the standard required and so he's built an, at best, Europa League standard squad and the club doubling down on him in the summer means we've bought players of that calibre.

A coach who has a clearer vision and the communicative skills to drill it into the players might get us closer to a fringe top 4 side but that's the best we can hope for now regardless of manager. I would imagine that we won't have another permanent manager this season so it's either Ten Hag or an interim until the summer but then a new coach and the people above him have a huge task because Ten Hag has created a mess of a club that has forgotten what it means to actually be good.

I can slightly understand the logic of 'we might get worse under an interim' after Rangnick but honestly we have to do something, we're already close to rock bottom.

If we don't start seeing some rumours or leaks from Twitter, I'm losing my last hope.

I've no more energy to give. It's a matter of when and not if. The league season is over, we won't be getting top five. Let's hope the interim manager who comes in eventually can rescue the Europa League campaign.

Meaningless trophies? We hadn’t won 1 for like 6 years before ETH. Fans was crying out for trophies. How is beating our local rivals in the FA cup final meaningless? Some fan you are. Only Mourinho betters ETH for me. And this ain’t me defending ETH, I want him gone just like everyone els.

It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things as it did absolutely nothing to our progress as a football team. It almost hindered us as it was enough reason to keep this clown.

Don't want to be negative or anything and I know it's still only late October but I don't think we're going to win the EPL this season.

Granted not his fault today, players missed a host of chances but they are his players!!

Go now please

Hope the lads that signed that petition to keep ETH this summer are enjoying the season. This is what they asked for.
They’re happily clapping him off match after match regardless of the result.

Yet some will tell us they’re supporting the club. It must mean Madrid fans are not true supporters because they don’t tolerate shit performances.

Jokes how if we finish 8th this season, it’ll almost be impressive from our current position.

Get fecking rid, we can’t hang about.

Our sleepy joe is so timid, I would take fine but drag the referees and var through the dirt to make an example, it’s like a big decision going against utd every week, referees taking the piss here

I don’t think he’ll salvage too much, but currently they are so far off it and have huge confidence issues, it’s just time to have a difference head voice that makes different decisions, clearly they want Xavi however he’ll take one look at those attacking options and probably turn it down, losing 4 PL games from your first 9 PL games is sackable offence. Wining 4 matches from 14 Is a sackable offence.

United need some emergency signings in January, we need a left Back, A CM, A right Winger and a CF and we need all 4 to come in January. We’ve got no money so we probably need to sell Antony, Casemiro for hopefully £35m then buy B Mbeumo(50m), D Wellbeck(7m), L Goretka(Loan), A Robinson(£28m) .

This is the bare minimum £50m net spend just to be relevant again in this league, ETH has bought absolute rubbish, for that alone he must be sacked and there’s no need to give him any more matches, he has to go tonight!
You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think there's going to be a chunk of cash to spend in January. They don't even want to spend (or haven't got) the money to sack Ten Hag

This performance has actually hardened my stance on the coach. Glad he'll get more time, and couldn't care less about who it winds up in the process.
Are you having a laugh? Did you watch the second half?

I can slightly understand the logic of 'we might get worse under an interim' after Rangnick but honestly we have to do something, we're already close to rock bottom.

Pretty much anyone should be able to do better than this, 1 win in 8, no wins in Europe for 12 months and 14th in the league nearly quarter of way through the season.

If an interim by some disaster somehow managed to be even worse then they get sacked as well.

It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things as it did absolutely nothing to our progress as a football team. It almost hindered us as it was enough reason to keep this clown.

I agree there has to be equilibrium in winning while objectively having some form of incremental progress.

You can't have a diabolical league campaign underacheiving across every performance metric, turn up at cup games and anticipate being heralded for achievements.

I would take three seasons of consistent top four finishes over winning a cup at the expense of league form. Because if that was hypothetically achieved this thread wouldn't have gone past the 300 page mark.

Domestic cup success is extremely relative under the circumstances.

Probably because it’s the first time we’ve actually seen us dominate a game away from home despite not winning. Plus everyone was raving about their new manager last season and how he should replace ETH… how’s he doing now?
He's doing better than ETH, not that the manager of CP is the benchmark. Who was saying he should replace ETH?

Here's the secret that Madrid and a few other clubs have figured out: you're allowed to sack and replace interim managers if they're shit as well

It was time up for ETH some weeks ago. But, Ashworth and co don’t seem to have the appetite to change the manager. I know that people have said that we played some alright stuff today but it’s another defeat and it will be again next week or the week after or both. It’s scary to see how far we have to fall before they pull the trigger.

Is there anyone here who genuinely believes he will be sacked before Leicester on Wednesday?

I can’t see any justification keeping him. But also can’t see him being sacked