Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
77e2b3a67f09f5f5c3ee2574d95240c7484339ae.pnj

Seeing this makes me realize how much heavy lifting that single win do in my head.

Don't believe this to be the case did anyone consider Barcelona to have a fantastic squad before Flick came in? Good managers inspire better performances, the fact the players outperformed the points xG last season suggests a narrative that they are covering for the managers incompetence in certain aspects of the game.

While I agree the finishing has been poor, a new manager will likely reinvigorate where the team is currently.

Objectively they are playing under a bad manager, that is the rude awakening that's stark to the present reality with this club.

Barcelona their players are all have a very good technique. Gavi and Pedri were touted as future world class player. Frenkie de Jong is world class when fit and in form. They have one of the best strikers from the last 10 years. Barcelona have some very talented players. Those players are better than what we have. Barcelona their squad is better than us and they play much weaker opponents. I would be more impressed by a new manager taking this squad up the table than i am with Flick taking Barcelona up the table.

Emery and Flick both took over after a player who is considered a legend as a footballer. Most legend footballers are bad managers. To me, Flick is proving just that.

This performance has actually hardened my stance on the coach. Glad he'll get more time, and couldn't care less about who it winds up in the process.
Can you expand here?

I genuinely don't know how you even arrive at this conclusion? We're in year 3, 14th in the table making our all-time worst start to a league campaign, won one game in 8 and haven't won in Europe in a year. Your stance has hardened because of a good 45 minutes against one of the worst teams in the league? xG has us at 2.12 and West Ham at 2.98. I'm completely lost.

No it's only his 9th game for us under a new football structure that has obviously huge influence in our football (not going into detail here how exactly but it's obvious). Also in half the games we lost this season we might have snatched a point or two had we been a bit more lucky/injury-free/cold in front of goal.

Yes. It seems like "unlucky" and "new structure" are the theme this season. It's a bit progressing than the "injuries" theme last season.

Out of 20 teams, now only Crystal Palace and Southampton score less goals than us. That's quite an achievement.

Surely a WUM, right?

Let's be fair and give the man a chance. We played very well in the first half, produced more than 2 xG, and we have so many injuries.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but ultimately it's the results that count and 14th in the league after nine games is unacceptable.

All I can say is we created a mountain of chances to put the game well beyond West Ham. We set out correctly and structurally we were fine. We were zipping the ball around for the majority of the game enough to be comfortable. Shit finishing is something the players need to take ownership of.

You say that like it's an achievement, that should be the bare minimum every game.

Our lack of scoring isn't a new phenomena it's been a trend during Ten Hag's 3 seasons, at some point responsibility has to come back to him.

Explain to me why? LVG won an FA cup in the final against Palace. ETH won one against the best team in Europe. Enough said

What we are seeing now and honestly for more than one year is unparalleled in incompetence. The only reason I'd rate Moyes behind EtH is because of the two meaningless trophies he won. Everyone else has done a better job than him considering funds provided

The standards are so low there are celebrations because we created some chances against a shite team. Scary stuff what we’ve become.

It's ridiculous, it's like some people don't watch match of the day and think that most teams are as bereft of creating chances as us that there is something top class happening when we manager to work a couple.

Ipswich create chances, Southampton create bloody chances. Southampton must have created about 7 great chances last week against Leicester.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but ultimately it's the results that count and 14th in the league after nine games is unacceptable.
Nah, I was kidding. Can't fathom that you've believed in him until now. He should've been sacked 18 months ago.

Set the team up well, he cannot account for our players being useless in front of goal. But not reacting to West Ham winning the midfield battle until they scored is on him. He is terrible at using his subs to impact the game.

I hope he at least calls out Oliver in the interviews. He should be gone, but at least make a giant stink about that bent fecker before leaving.

I dont think they are clueless, I just think none of them have the balls to make the decision

They are clueless. They acted like there were no options in the summer when clubs like Barcelona, Liverpool and Chelsea can go out there and find good options that improved their clubs.

It feels like they have one manager option in and if they can't bring that person in then they will let this shitshow run on.

Should have been gone last season.
The players lost the 1st half, but the 2nd ETH got outcoached again. Had no idea to adjust, his players have lost all zheir self-esteem...

To ber fair. We could just play without a manager. He uses 4231 every game. Using the same players and never tries something different. When we we need to score he substitute the centre backs. Every game, the same story, over and over again. We do pay 10 million a year for this...

This one wasn't on him, but his luck of hanging on may have finally come to an end...please...hopefully?:nervous:

He is s dead-man- walking. I'm honestly not that fussed when he is sacked. More important to find the right manager after him

Right, but you create as much as you do today for most the games this season and the league position will even itself out.
Yeah but again we don't always play such poorly organised teams all season and hence would barely create plenty of such clear chances, innit. That puts us back in the position we are currently in. So, just about right.

We NEED to score goals. 8 is what we've scored so far. Plethora of chances without any goal is still useless.

I can't understand why he is still here.

Ineos do your job and sack this manager tonight

On the plus side, with 8 goals in 9 games, we’re level with Brentford’s Mbeumo’s personal tally, and pulled clear from Chris Wood (7 goals). We’re still 3 goals behind Haaland (11).

Our 0.9 goals scored per game is third worst in the league after Palace and Southampton.

He's got nothing to lose now, hope he goes out there for the post-match interview and really says what he's thinking about the refereeing. No need to be diplomatic about it anymore.

“It’s still early in the season”

We are a quarter of the way through the PL season now

Go. Please.
After 5 games, we’re 5-7 points behind the top 2-3 teams. “It’s still early. Wait 5 more games.”

After 10 games, we’re 10-15 points behind the leaders. “It’s still early. Wait until Christmas.”

On Christmas Day, we’re 25 points behind… “Can Manchester United finish 4th”… then 6th…

I don't understand prolonging the inevitible. Today wasn't his fault but, long-term, he isn't fixing this. Something needs to change and starting with him wouldn't be the worst move.

If the likes of Xavi or whoever don't want the job, give it to someone else. If that person doesn't work out, change again.

You don't see clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern just sticking with the same guy in the hope they might become Sir Alex Ferguson. We need to learn from the best. We need to stop holding on to players and coaches just in case they might be the next best thing. If its not working out then move on.

This one wasn't on him, but his luck of hanging on may have finally come to an end...please...hopefully?:nervous:
It's still on him, three seasons in he can't get his playing good in a full 90 minute game, if we play like how we played in the first half it'd be a different result. We just ain't progressing

Explain to me why? LVG won an FA cup in the final against Palace. ETH won one against the best team in Europe. Enough said
Considering the hype about the match against CP when we drew against them, you would think they were the best team in the league.

What's our away record under him now?

It is so predictable that we're highly likely to lose every game outside the promoted 3.

What we are seeing now and honestly for more than one year is unparalleled in incompetence. The only reason I'd rate Moyes behind EtH is because of the two meaningless trophies he won. Everyone else has done a better job than him considering funds provided
Meaningless trophies? We hadn’t won 1 for like 6 years before ETH. Fans was crying out for trophies. How is beating our local rivals in the FA cup final meaningless? Some fan you are. Only Mourinho betters ETH for me. And this ain’t me defending ETH, I want him gone just like everyone els.

You are closer to fight for relegation than champions league.

How can some people still be pro Ten Hag.

Would Real Madrid stand for this crap?

You are one of the biggest clubs in the world, it’s not a money problem, it’s a competency issue.

It’s time to splash some money on a good manager for a project with future!

Go and snatch Amorim before City does it! Ahah

Maybe we’re in the top half of the played better than them in the first half league table at least

Thing is, I don't even think RVN is up to it, but again looking at our record and stats so far this season I think you could pull a random off the street and they'd do a better job currently.

Considering the hype about the match against CP when we drew against them, you would think they were the best team in the league.
Probably because it’s the first time we’ve actually seen us dominate a game away from home despite not winning. Plus everyone was raving about their new manager last season and how he should replace ETH… how’s he doing now?

After 5 games, we’re 5-7 points behind the top 2-3 teams. “It’s still early. Wait 5 more games.”

After 10 games, we’re 10-15 points behind the leaders. “It’s still early. Wait until Christmas.”

On Christmas Day, we’re 25 points behind… “Can Manchester United finish 4th”… then 6th…
Maddening isn’t it

I totally get that people don’t have the appetite for another managerial change. Ideally I wouldn’t either. I’d like to have one long term. But everything about ten hag reeks that this job is beyond him and he doesn’t have the fight for it

Why does anyone think Ruud will 'salvage' anything?
I don’t think he’ll salvage too much, but currently they are so far off it and have huge confidence issues, it’s just time to have a difference head voice that makes different decisions, clearly they want Xavi however he’ll take one look at those attacking options and probably turn it down, losing 4 PL games from your first 9 PL games is sackable offence. Wining 4 matches from 14 Is a sackable offence.

United need some emergency signings in January, we need a left Back, A CM, A right Winger and a CF and we need all 4 to come in January. We’ve got no money so we probably need to sell Antony, Casemiro for hopefully £35m then buy B Mbeumo(50m), D Wellbeck(7m), L Goretka(Loan), A Robinson(£28m) .

This is the bare minimum £50m net spend just to be relevant again in this league, ETH has bought absolute rubbish, for that alone he must be sacked and there’s no need to give him any more matches, he has to go tonight!