Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
given that penalty at the end i'm going to pretend it was a draw. Still completely unacceptable given

1. lack of injuries
2. current league position ( need points big time)
3. Quality of opposition (poor)

ETH couldnt manage a decent shit never mind Man United. His signings he carries the can. Good bye

Anyway. It's already 9 League games. Can we now judge how awful our goalscoring now?

or is it still too little games to use?

No it's only his 9th game for us under a new football structure that has obviously huge influence in our football (not going into detail here how exactly but it's obvious). Also in half the games we lost this season we might have snatched a point or two had we been a bit more lucky/injury-free/cold in front of goal.

Having backed Ten Hag for so long I do now think that a fresh start is needed. Fenerbahce a few days ago was the final straw for me and today again confirmed that it just isn't working out for both parties.

Surely he is fired on Tuesday. Worst manager post Fergie by far
Should be fired yes. Disagree with the 2nd part. A lot of people are saying he’s the worse since Fergie… let’s be realistic. He’s joint with Mourinho in winning the same amount of trophies since fergie left. The worse manager for me was Moyes, followed by LVG and Ole

We were beaten by the opponent in the second half. ETH did not have an answer to their changes after the break.

We were beaten by the opponent in the second half. ETH did not have an answer to their changes after the break.
Well, yeah. He never, ever has an answer to any changes the opposition make in a match.

77e2b3a67f09f5f5c3ee2574d95240c7484339ae.pnj

He definitely should go, but I think some of our fans are in for a rude awakening when a new manager comes in and struggles with these set of players. We have a very mediocre squad; the composition of which EtH is complicit in too, of course.

Don't believe this to be the case did anyone consider Barcelona to have a fantastic squad before Flick came in? Good managers inspire better performances, the fact the players outperformed the points xG last season suggests a narrative that they are covering for the managers incompetence in certain aspects of the game.

While I agree the finishing has been poor, a new manager will likely reinvigorate where the team is currently.

Objectively they are playing under a bad manager, that is the rude awakening that's stark to the present reality with this club.

We weren't abysmal for 45 minutes. We werent good for the first half of that second half but it wasnt the whole second half, let’s be honest.
It was the whole second half apart from a 5 min spell after conceding the first.

2.22 non penalty XG for West Ham vs 2.12 for us. Not good enough.

No it's only his 9th game for us under a new football structure that has obviously huge influence in our football (not going into detail here how exactly but it's obvious). Also in half the games we lost this season we might have snatched a point or two had we been a bit more lucky/injury-free/cold in front of goal.
Ah yes, the "if only everything that didn't go our way went our way while the things that did go our way remained the same" table.

We didn’t make them look terrible, they are terrible. They’ve played three good teams this year and were beaten by 3 goals in each occasion.

And we still lost to them. :lol: Come second half once Lopetegui made adjustments they were actually the better team which has been the norm with ten Hag. He’s outcoached by pretty much anybody when it comes to in-game management.
You're making it sound like they deserved to win. We all know they didn't, let's be honest here. We created more than them and they stole a pen that never was.

Well, yeah. He never, ever has an answer to any changes the opposition make in a match.
A year ago I said that he’s not a real “manager”, in the sense that he not “manage” anything, not before and not during games. I honestly don’t know what he does.

I'm not wumming at all. Mind your tone and stop calling people names. It's not hard.

You are obviously wumming m
Should be fired yes. Disagree with the 2nd part. A lot of people are saying he’s the worse since Fergie… let’s be realistic. He’s joint with Mourinho in winning the same amount of trophies since fergie left. The worse manager for me was Moyes, followed by LVG and Ole

He is far worse than LvG

Right, but you create as much as you do today for most the games this season and the league position will even itself out.
Right, but we don't do that. We didn't 3 days ago, unless you think we've been transformed by 1 training session since then this is a random good 45 minutes against a dreadful West Ham side rather than evidence of something special brewing.

Zirkzee starting to remind me of poor mans Berbatov. Casemiro starting to remind of Mr Burns and Eriksen of Smithers.

I don't understand how we spend so much money and continue to be useless. Also believe we are definitely the worst crossers of the ball in the premier league.

He will probably get sacked sooner rather or later but I can't see it will make a difference. Im convinced we are cursed. Anyone who joins the club, either as a player or other staff member, will suddenly become completely incompetent.

Can you think of any other team who's "banter era" has lasted 11 years, not counting occasions of financial meltdown?

14th in the league, 21st in Europa league but let me hear more reasons why this man needs more time so that we can have an exciting relegation battle to end the season...

You're making it sound like they deserved to win. We all know they didn't, let's be honest here. We created more than them and they stole a pen that never was.
But game isnt played for one half. Our second half performance was abysmal. Its not like we created chances throughout the game. Yes first half we were good but good teams keep up the performance throughout the game.

ETH just cant deliver that consistency

Per xG they were on par with us even without a penalty. They were the better team in the second half. We were very bad in the other 45 minutes which you are failing to see.

Ten Hag has to show more passion on the side line. You got robbed at end of first half on bad call on throw in where Bruno could be on break, then the pen call. Go on a massive rant, show your team you are sticking up for them…get a red it don’t matter.

Continually accepting these decisions obviously isn’t working. Arteta, Pep, Klopp would have a got at the refs and decisions and bring it up in the media. We just let it slide and be polite about it.

Having backed Ten Hag for so long I do now think that a fresh start is needed. Fenerbahce a few days ago was the final straw for me and today again confirmed that it just isn't working out for both parties.

I'm curious to why Fener of all matches was the last straw when this has been evident ever since that league cup win?

Surely he's gone now, right? The fact that he's survived this long is a fecking mystery.

If not, we might just give up and, politics aside, regret that Mr. Sheikh did not take over our club. At least he might've kept us competitive.

What frustrates me is the complete lack of consistency in play. We can look completely listless, lazy, uninterested for long periods of time and then we’ll have a spell where we look aggressive and we move the ball well and look like scoring (usually after we’ve gone down). I don’t understand it. I don’t understand what is in the psyche of the players or in the coaching regimen that causes them to do this.

Reactions: Cheimoon