Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tomorrow morning, we live in hope.

breaking-news.jpg
:lol:

All this whining about being robbed and how we should have gotten the draw. IT WAS AGAINST WEST HAM LOWER IN THE TABLE TEAM! WHO FECKING CARES, THEY SHOULD HAVE DESTROYED THEM BUT THE BEST WE CAN SHOOT FOR IS A DRAW!?

Please sack ETH, I cannot watch this team as long as he continues to be the manager, I haven't watched a game since matchday 3.

So I'm genuinely wondering, having only been able to watch the first half...

What went wrong/What did ETH do wrong the 2nd half? I mean , looking at the first half we were highly dominating and should have scored about 3.. What the hell happened in the 2nd half and how did ETH influence it (in a negative manner)?

Lopetegui made changes. ETH wasn't able to adjust as per. A bit of momentum for WHU, a bit of VAR BS from the attention-w#$%e Oliver, and here we are.

I just have to laugh at this point. I was outraged with how low we got under Ole and how he kept surviving, but reading the this thread tonight and all the stats, we're considerably worse. And the dreaded 'R' word is now creeping in, which will be on everyone's mind if we lose next weekend and a couple of other results go a certain way.

I've been wanting rid of ETH for so long now that I just feel tired by it all. Seeing him survive that last break and come out talking is though he's bullet proof has me feeling indifferent to everything related to United right now. I didn't even come in here expecting to hear anything about him being sacked as I subconsciously know he's not going anywhere for a long time, and I'm at the point where I don't care what we do as this season is done anyway.

Every loss or dropped points just feels like nothing to me right now, a normality, and that's why i found the stats so startling as to how bad we've been. It's really crazy how far we've fallen, and it's criminal how INEOS have allowed this to happen. But here we are. Even my excitement and hope that they brought has now completely eroded. I'm looking at all their appointments through a different lense now and wondering how good these appointments actually are. Seeing United fans get excited by their arrival kind of feels like looking back on that excitement over things like the Alexis Sanchez signing...just another complete misplacing of hope. And the potential for that was always there when you look at the fact they are doing entirely different roles (Berrada, Wilcox) or just have never been part of a top, successful setup (Ashworth). We're fecking fecked, I can just feel it.

He didn't adjust. In first half West Ham for the most part sat back and let us dictate midfield. For the beginning of the 2nd half it was the opposite. West ham brought more attacking players and kept more in possession. I thought he should have expected that. We should have pressed more as a unit when West ham started playing from the back because they hadn't done that all game. Put them under pressure and force them to play long ball. The longer we let them play and keep possession the more comfortable they were.
And in general this is the biggest problem at UTD. We do control games or dictate play for 90 mins. To do that, one we need to keep possession and play from the back. And two when not in possession, we need to more aggressive with the press and try to win the ball back. We are not a great pressing side and our midfeild doesn't dominate possession especially with Maino out

Ten Hag has no attacking strategy other than the ball over the top into space, normally down the wide channels, when teams are ready for it the attacking play is rendered highly ineffectual and relies entirely on individual moments of quality to make things happen.

It is an extraordinarily basic style of play.

The fascinating thing is just how bad it would to get for him to be sacked? Clearly it is not about 70-80 games of being consistently dreadful, do they have to drop into the bottom 3 or would Ineos still be holding on to promising 45 mins against Palace and West Ham and ignoring everything else?

That was our 7th injury time PL defeat today under ETH. In the 21 years before he joined it only happened twice.

Last minute winners conceded in PL History:

06/07 – Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd (Thierry Henry 90+3 – 21/01/07)

19/20 - Man Utd 1-2 Crystal Palace (Patrick van Aanholt 90+3 - 24/08/19)

TEN HAG ARRIVES:

22/23 - Arsenal 3-2 Man Utd (Eddie Nketiah 90th min - 22/01/23)

22/23 - Brighton 1-0 Man Utd (Alexix McAllister 90+9 - 04/05/23)

23/24 - Arsenal 3-1 Man Utd (Declan Rice 90+6 - 03/11/23)

23/24 - Man Utd 1-2 Fulham (Alex Iwobi 90+7 - 24/02/24)

23/24 - Chelsea 4-3 Man Utd (Cole Palmer 90+11 – 04/04/24)

24/25 - Brighton 2-1 Man Utd (Joao Pedro 90+5 - 24/08/24)

24/25 - West Ham 2-1 Man Utd (Bowen 90+2 - 27/10/24)

It’s levels of shit I genuinely didn’t think was possible.

Complete coward of a manager we hired. Doesn’t even come out swinging after that farcical penalty decision. Just meekly stands on the touchline and accepts every decision. Do you think he inspires the players? Just a dour, insipid dullard with zero personality and charisma. He’s not a united manager. Never was never will be.

That was our 7th injury time PL defeat today under ETH. In the 21 years before he joined it only happened twice.

TEN HAG ARRIVES:

that Chelsea one was unforgiveable

I just have to laugh at this point. I was outraged with how low we got under Ole and how he kept surviving, but reading the this thread tonight and all the stats, we're considerably worse.
We came 3rd and 2nd in his Ole's full seasons. It was underwhelming and often felt directionless, but how you can even compare it to this is beyond me.

When it all completely fell apart for Ole, he was rightfully sacked, well before it could descend into mid-table finishes (or worse).

It feels like there must be some sort of sunk-cost fallacy logic going on with ETH at this point. Half a billion quid invested on his Ajax mates.

Suspect the only reason he wasn't sacked a couple of weeks ago is because SJR and the execs don't want to buy him out, especially as there aren't any viable managers to take over mid season. They could of course go with Ruud for the rest of the year, but are probably thinking "Would Ruud get us more success than ETH given the amount of pay out money we would lose by sacking the latter?".

They need to stop the rot now though and that means ethl needs to go now. He's not affecting games positively in any way so there's no reason to keep him. I've said it before but I believe when he's gone the whole place will get a huge lift including the players.

TEN HAG ARRIVES:

Obviously slightly skewed by ETH being there for the era when they suddenly decided to add 10 minutes to every match, but still a crazy stat.

They need to stop the rot now though and that means ethl needs to go now. He's not affecting games positively in any way so there's no reason to keep him. I've said it before but I believe when he's gone the whole place will get a huge lift including the players.

I am positive that things will change when ten Hag is out. Ruud might not be the permanent replacement, but at least short term we would be better off than now.

TEN HAG ARRIVES:

That is just staggeringly bad.

So we went from 1992 to 2023 with it happening twice and in 2024 alone it's happened 4 times?

Just appalling. We're an embarrassment.

ETH is a fraud for sure. He has his favourites and he believes his favourites will come through for him, he has zero tactical strategies. I surprised that Amad has dropped out of the squad in favour of Rashford on the right. Why??? What happen to the promising start in the first few games? It was his cross that lead to the goal. Why Marouri plays as no. 10 when Bruno is suspected? Why is Ugarte sitting of the bench after the board spent 54 mil to get him? We are constantly beaten by teams below us and he finds excuses after excuses. I hate his press conference, it is a proud and arrogant idiot who knows that he is backed but I hope Ineos sack him this week and put Ruud in-charge. Worst manager that we have hire for last 40 years and I cannot understand why he still has a job.

I believe ETH is doing everything in his power, to break every negative record that the previous managers failed to break.

Nothing other than cost make any kind of sense for reasons not to sack him.
Incompetence on the part of INEOS is the reason. I don't think it has anything to do with cost.
I genuinely believe the INEOS don't know what to do and are hoping (absolutely crazy to think that the board are living in hope) that things improve under ETH.

Of course. It was clear last year that injuries had a marginal impact on our performances and the core of the issue lay with insane tactics but there was a huge group of fans who believed that once he got all his players healthy it would ‘click’. I think some still believe that it’s about to click, so deep is the delusion.
Nothing angered me more than the injury apologists here. The fact that ten hag used this excuse so frequently and so many people ate it up was beyond me. A manager that can perform only when all the stars align and he has no injuries is really not a good outlook. There are so many variables in football that hoping that all of them click at the same time, when you want it is really delusional. That’s why you should adapt to the circumstances, which is something the relegation magician cannot do

Do we actually the have the money to sack him? For him and the rest of his saboteurs, we're probably looking at another £20 million in coaching compensation.

Worst manager across Europe's top 5 leagues.

But at this point, the board is to blame. He should have been sacked numerous times by now. They will wait until it's too late and another season will be wasted.

I fear it'll be a very long time until we challenge for the Prem again.

So in our last 38 games we’ve accumulated 58 points (W15, D11, L12, goals for 57, goals against 58).

Keep going like this and we’re heading for around 44-50 points this season.

Absolutely no excuses. ETH has to go.

Ten Hag has no attacking strategy other than the ball over the top into space, normally down the wide channels, when teams are ready for it the attacking play is rendered highly ineffectual and relies entirely on individual moments of quality to make things happen.

It is an extraordinarily basic style of play.

The fascinating thing is just how bad it would to get for him to be sacked? Clearly it is not about 70-80 games of being consistently dreadful, do they have to drop into the bottom 3 or would Ineos still be holding on to promising 45 mins against Palace and West Ham and ignoring everything else?

Yep. And yet we’ve still had posters here claiming that Ten Hag employs the same tactics as Liverpool, it’s just that our players can’t execute his plan. Absolutely laughable.

I don’t blame ETH for the capitulation to West Ham, but he wore out his welcome long ago and yet the club owners dither and in dithering we continue to drop closer to the relegation zone than midtable.

We all expected ManUtd would lose against fenerbache , against Brentford and West ham..
Now he won against Brentford and drew away to Fenerbache
So the board should back him

But even if we did outplay City, which I'm not saying we actually did, it was a total one off game anyway. The idea that one game means everything else gets ignored and " he deserved" another season is ludicrous. If we'd had the exact same PL season last year and won the CL I still don't think I'd have wanted ETH to keep his job. Certainly not with the FA Cup.

Last season was fecking grim and this year has somehow felt even worse.
Agree completely

According to ETH we came back last season to finish with more than 30 points less than the winner and we will do so again. He can really just f... off. Keep this up and we will struggle to get 50 points and have - 12 goals.
He needs a reality check his head has gone.

At this point I am assuming the board are waiting to have the next manager all agreed before pulling the trigger with Ten Hag. We are still speaking to managers if certain journalists are to be believed. He is interim manager.

I don’t blame ETH for the capitulation to West Ham, but he wore out his welcome long ago and yet the club owners dither and in dithering we continue to drop closer to the relegation zone than midtable.
I don’t either, but at the same time there’s something to be said that his tactical setup has Dalot and Bruno constantly closer to goal than Rashford. Or that he has Rashford playing in a roaming deep creator role with Dalot outside of him while Amad comes on (who is ideal as a roaming creator) and sticks him on the touch line with Dalot inverted. He seems to constantly misprofile his players to an inexcusable degree

Do we actually the have the money to sack him? For him and the rest of his saboteurs, we're probably looking at another £20 million in coaching compensation.
They've got it but do they want to spend it adding even more financial losses is the question.

ETH is a fraud for sure. He has his favourites and he believes his favourites will come through for him, he has zero tactical strategies. I surprised that Amad has dropped out of the squad in favour of Rashford on the right. Why??? What happen to the promising start in the first few games? It was his cross that lead to the goal.

Dropped out in favour of Rashford? Forget that: he has dropped below Antony because of Antony's 'training performances'. This is the same man (ETH) who last season claimed that Amad was 'unlucky' not to start more games ahead of Antony because he had been training very well. He is such a liar, gas-lighter and fraud.

I have no time for Sancho, but it's looking increasingly likely that he had a point re: favourites.

The "deserves another season"/"proper crack of the whip"/"under the INEOS structure" were some of the worst takes on managerial meritocracy I've ever seen

Neville speaking on his podcast, says ETH ‘can’t’ lose against Chelsea or he’s done, essentially. Even his language is changing lately, you can tell he wants him out too.

That's so funny, this guy has so many lives. Every two games is "the next two games are decisive for his future" guy goes 1 win in 8 and now it's "can't lose against Chelsea" :lol:

what happens if he doesn't lose against Chelsea?

The "deserves another season"/"proper crack of the whip"/"under the INEOS structure" were some of the worst takes on managerial meritocracy I've ever seen

That's so funny, this guy has so many lives. Every two games is "the next two games are decisive for his future" guy goes 1 win in 8 and now it's "can't lose against Chelsea" :lol:

what happens if he doesn't lose against Chelsea?
We feel marginally better about life.

This keeps coming up, but the £17m figure assumes we'd pay out the entirety of his contract as the severance, which in reality almost never happens.

More likely we'd settle on around a year's worth of wages (around £10m), or we'd just keep him on the books and keep paying his wages until he gets another job.