Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s quite a similar story to the Palace game. A good first 45 minutes alone will not win you matches. Even if we did take some of those chances the likelihood we wouldn’t have conceded in the second is low.
It's been said 1000 times before, but he really needs to be sacked just to try and get a bit more belief into the team on a regular basis.

It's one thing missing good chances in a game (which happens to every team), but on those days you can't also be conceding 2 or 3 goals as well.

Even when we go in front or we equalise, rarely does the momentum stay with us, teams simply still believe they will still get a result, no matter how bad they are, and that happens because of a lack of belief and winning mentality in our camp as much as anything else.

Every day he's allowed to stay at this club is another long rusty nail in the coffin of Ineos, Ashworth and Berrada's already threadbare credibility.

Woodward was better than this rabble. Just as clueless but at least he had standards and ambition.

They’ll give him time to get it right. We’ve got Leicester twice. Or maybe Ashworth and Barrada need to change the decor of the training ground first before they get round to the manager. They’ve only been in charge 3 months.

I mean, it was. We played extremely well for 45 and should have been 3-0 up. We let go of control for the first 20 in that second half, and then reacted. Then we got a penalty conceded that was never a penalty in a million years.
We played fine against a team that looked terrible for 45 mins, then were better by then in the second half which was the story of Palace game as well. His in game management, or lack of, kicked in again. They won the game on xG too.

If this sort of performance gets you going about how much you love the coach then your bar is incredibly low. I do admire your dedication to the coach though.

We played well for ten mins longer than against the much-heralded match against CP, so why should he get the sack now? He also got a ready-made excuse served to him by Oliver, which he will use to spellbind the "best in class".

Sack must be looming for him now. VAR fecked us over, but he’s turned us into a team that needs 20 chances to score 1 goal.

Should've won. Really disappointing. The awful decision only cost us a point, it's our performance in front of goal that cost us the other two and the manager does have to take responsibility for that.

All I can say is we created a mountain of chances to put the game well beyond West Ham. We set out correctly and structurally we were fine. We were zipping the ball around for the majority of the game enough to be comfortable. Shit finishing is something the players need to take ownership of.
That's fair. The 2nd half was fecking crap but the 1st half was surprisingly good with multiple really good chances.

On holiday for the next 2 weeks. Usually I'd be arguing with my fiancé to go away and watch the match, but feck me it's a relief to not have to see this shower of shit anymore.

All I can say is we created a mountain of chances to put the game well beyond West Ham. We set out correctly and structurally we were fine. We were zipping the ball around for the majority of the game enough to be comfortable. Shit finishing is something the players need to take ownership of.
The finishing is an abomination at the moment. Just gives other sides confidence they are still in the match when we should be out of sight.

Can someone cheer me up with some of the very entertaining mental gymnastics that used to be regularly on display in this thread. And explain how 3 wins in the first 3 months of the season is actually ok because...

Anyway. It's already 9 League games. Can we now judge how awful our goalscoring now?

or is it still too little games to use?

He definitely should go, but I think some of our fans are in for a rude awakening when a new manager comes in and struggles with these set of players. We have a very mediocre squad; the composition of which EtH is complicit in too, of course.
This group of players isn't going to win the league, but neither should they be 14th. That's down to the manager and his atrocious tactics. Even today he did nothing as West Ham took control of the game in the second half. The dodgy penalty will be the deflection for it all though, sadly.

Trust the process, guys. Nothing to see here.

We will finish in the top 10 I’m not worried about that part.

We played fine against a team that looked terrible for 45 mins, then were better by then in the second half which was the story of Palace game as well. They won the game on xG too.

If this sort of performance gets you going about how much you love the coach then your bar is incredibly low.
We made them look pretty terrible, and we played very well, not just well.
This was worse than Palace, we created even more opportunities. This sort of performance is what tells me we are actually getting a playing style together and showing something on the pitch.

A similar defence was used by those who tried to argue Areta was alright because they were 'playing some nice stuff'. Guess it cant work against Ten Hag because they don't have the patience for it with their own club.

This performance has actually hardened my stance on the coach. Glad he'll get more time, and couldn't care less about who it winds up in the process.
:lol: Ok we were good in the first half and then abysmal in the second half. Even taking the penalty out of the equation, the xg was similar and they had two very good chances which should have been goals too

Rinse and repeat with this daft shite, imagine still backing this and thinking we’re going anywhere good.
if the football experts we have employed this summer think he deserves more time we are completely doomed and nothing will change under INEOS.

This cannot continue. Pull your fecking finger out INEOS and do what needs to be done.

Considering we already have a ready made manager in place, it just makes sense. But Ineos are probably trying to save money by waiting till January or some obscure break clause to kick in.

I mean, it was. We played extremely well for 45 and should have been 3-0 up. We let go of control for the first 20 in that second half, and then reacted. Then we got a penalty conceded that was never a penalty in a million years.

It was a game of two halves, you can credit Lopetegui just as much as Ten Hag given the circumstances.

West Ham have been rubbish all season.