Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is just an excuse to hide his incompetence. Inhuries or no injuries, we are galaxies away from where we want to be

Injuries are a blessing for him, otherwise the world would see that he is a fraud
But the whole world does see this. It's mainly a portion of our fanbase and also a lot of the match going fans that don't.

Literally every single person I talk to who isn't a United fan is completely baffled as to how he's still here. To be fair, most United fans now share the sentiment too I'd say. But the difference is, the others had the same opinion after the FA-cup final. The reaction to that final by a good portion of the fan base was embarrassing. Being happy and celebrating the win is one thing, but calling anyone who still wanted him out 'toxic' or what not was just beyond me.

Season could be derailed due to injuries

:lol: got to be a joke. Look at the list and ask yourself who is an actual loss.

Yoro has never played anyway. Shaw never plays so what are we missing. Maguire isn't good enough. Evans is a failure everytime we have to play him (not him personally, but should he really be playing), Antony shouldn't be near the team and Mount we still don't know why we signed him.

Last edited:
I actually can't stand him any more - does anyone even like him? The guy is a complete fraud.

No charisma, blames everyone but himself, team playing some of the worst football in recent memory, what a sorry state of affairs.

I'm pretty forgiving of shit managers and players. But I just can't warm to Ten Hag and the longer he's here, the more he's starting to grate. There's a misplaced arrogance and delusion about how it's going that drives me up the wall. He never holds his hands up and says he got it wrong, or even acknowledges that being bottom half in the PL and 21st in the EL is completely unacceptable. He seems to think things are going well and everyone else is wrong for saying it isn't.

He should be fuming but he just stands there like a wally trying to point out the "positives" and make feeble excuses

Do you think I’m defending Ten Hag? :lol: I feel like you have to state you’re not in every post you make in here now or you get circled by a gang of hyenas.
Didn't say that, was just saying nobody else besides him is responsible for the very complaints that he has :lol:

I felt the same with Lvg, he complete broke my love of football. Recovered somewhat under Ole but never really been the same for me. Now I don’t really care if I miss a match
Seriously? Because of boring football?
Because in truth, only under Lvg we had clear style of play. Also him as a person and his press conf were good to watch.

Well, just my opinion. I liked the guy very much.

Moyes felt like the end of the world at the time because we were so used to Ferguson and had just won a PL title.

In hindsight, Moyes was given Fellaini as his only major summer signing. He only got to manage Mata for a dozen or so games.

Moyes didn't do much actual damage in terms of recruitment and player sales. Shaw and Herrera were deals put in place while he was still manager. Fellaini and Mata both became useful players for LvG.

I never thought United would have as bad a season as that again. But ten Hag somehow surpassed it with an 8th place finish, negative GD, European exit before Christmas, and 19 defeats across all competitions. Moyes only lost 15 games and did manage to top his CL group.

ten Hag has had a run of 20 months of very poor form. Unprecedented. New bad records every few games.
I agree - Moyes didn’t even finish the season and didn’t blow the transfer budget. Even Fellaini, who got a lot of stick from the fans, was a great signing compared to the likes of Antony. It was miserable but all over quickly and (we thought) all salvageable under the next manager. And, to be fair to Moyes, he can at least manage at Premier League level. I dread to think how low Ten Hag could take a club that don’t have a United transfer and wages budget.

Seriously? Because of boring football?
Because in truth, only under Lvg we had clear style of play. Also him as a person and his press conf were good to watch.

Well, just my opinion. I liked the guy very much.
Im not the only one that fell out of love with football after watching sideways and backwards playing

How long until he just starts "rejecting" any game we don't win and claiming a 100% win record.
Honestly it's not too far removed from the "logic" that many used all of last season, where any loss was quickly hand-waved away as a result of individual mistakes and our players missing easy chances.

Silly Erik doesn’t want the season derailed by injuries again. I don’t want the season derailed by awful man management, a tactical imbecile, settling for less and a board that reward failure but life’s a bastard sometimes Erik. We don’t all get what we want.

Amorim before City move for him would be a laugh. I do wonder if Thomas Frank is actually that good or he’s just a cog in a bigger system at Brentford that works. I’ve no idea why we’d go for Xavi, tbh.

I agree - Moyes didn’t even finish the season and didn’t blow the transfer budget. Even Fellaini, who got a lot of stick from the fans, was a great signing compared to the likes of Antony. It was miserable but all over quickly and (we thought) all salvageable under the next manager. And, to be fair to Moyes, he can at least manage at Premier League level. I dread to think how low Ten Hag could take a club that don’t have a United transfer and wages budget.
Another glaring difference, nobody wanted Moyes, but everybody wanted Ten hag. Be careful what you wish for guys :lol:

Jesus, one giant echo chamber in here… where art thou “The 418”?

Is there any single argument that remains to keep Ten Hag?

I’m actually really interested to see what a decent manager would do with DeLigt, Martinez, Garnacho, Mainoo, Mazraoui, Ugarte, Shaw and Hojlund.

There is a lot of complaining here (as there should be) about the first 11, the tactics, his deluded post match interviews, etc.

I’d like to point out though:

1. We still have a hard time playing through the high press. Several giveaways and horrible positioning.
2. We literally have no high press. Zirkzee and Mazraoui had absolutely no idea where to go, how to press, what the triggers were…. A fecking mess. Garnacho and Rashford were too far back. I think he just told them “It’s Fenerbace fellas, they’ve got too much quality” and completely removed it from the game plan.
3. We absolutely do not know how to position ourselves defensively. Recovery runs are into the wrong areas… such a fecking mess.
4. Patterns of play still not visible.

31 months in charge. 600m spent. 12th in the table, negative goal difference. 1 wins in 11 from Europe. XG / XGa / XGd awful.

Geez are we calling Fellaini a great signing and Moyes a good enough manager for us now? I mean I get that ETH is kicking us while we're down but let's not kid ourselves and make Moyes into some kind of unsung hero who had his time cut short here.

He was rubbish and should never have been considered let alone given the job. Wasn't he also responsible for dismantling the entire backroom staff that had supported SAF during the latter stages of his reign? Based on that I think he definitely DID cause damage

My impression is that INEOS will have lost faith in him but given the more favourable run of fixtures they have given him this block of 7 games before the next international break to save his job.

In terms of what he has to do in this period to keep his job my view would be:
3 wins or less, sacked.
5 wins or more, keeps his job.
4 wins and it depends on the context and performances.

Ah the Injuries. Had no idea its the cm or centre backs that stop Rashford, Garnacho, Diallo, Rasmus and Zirkzee from scoring. How silly of me.

I remember seeing a report in the summer that INEOS were fans of Xavi but he was taking a break from football. The fact they’ve now held discussions with him in Barcelona could mean there’s something in this and he could be pretty high up their list.
The only fact here is that it's BS, they recently held a board meeting and no journalist could even determine if they even discussed ETH's job, let alone find out they've talked to people

My impression is that INEOS will have lost faith in him but given the more favourable run of fixtures they have given him this block of 7 games before the next international break to save his job.

In terms of what he has to do in this period to keep his job my view would be:
3 wins or less, sacked.
5 wins or more, keeps his job.
4 wins and it depends on the context and performances.
Ineos don't care about performances. If they do, he would be sacked this summer. Results? I struggle to understand what results they rate as positive. Seems to me that they are happy with draw away, win at home form.

I must say that i am stunned how "best people in business" are so indecisive regarding him.

I actually can't stand him any more - does anyone even like him? The guy is a complete fraud.

No charisma, blames everyone but himself, team playing some of the worst football in recent memory, what a sorry state of affairs.

I've never disliked a United manager like him before. I actually kinda hate him.

I had so much hope for Ten Hag, and I didn’t want him out until the end of last season, what a shame, just pull the plug already.

He is starting to talk gibberish now.
If he was going to start playing Antony over Amad again then it will be time to wield the axe but wit the injury the other day hopefully that won't happen.

Jesus, one giant echo chamber in here… where art thou “The 418”?

Is there any single argument that remains to keep Ten Hag?

I’m actually really interested to see what a decent manager would do with DeLigt, Martinez, Garnacho, Mainoo, Mazraoui, Ugarte, Shaw and Hojlund.

There is a lot of complaining here (as there should be) about the first 11, the tactics, his deluded post match interviews, etc.

I’d like to point out though:

1. We still have a hard time playing through the high press. Several giveaways and horrible positioning.
2. We literally have no high press. Zirkzee and Mazraoui had absolutely no idea where to go, how to press, what the triggers were…. A fecking mess. Garnacho and Rashford were too far back. I think he just told them “It’s Fenerbace fellas, they’ve got too much quality” and completely removed it from the game plan.
3. We absolutely do not know how to position ourselves defensively. Recovery runs are into the wrong areas… such a fecking mess.
4. Patterns of play still not visible.

31 months in charge. 600m spent. 12th in the table, negative goal difference. 1 wins in 11 from Europe. XG / XGa / XGd awful.

No argument. Emperors new clothes. Everyone thinks the hipsters choice manager cant possibly not be the best thing since sliced bread. Comfortably the worst manager of the post SAF era. None of the rest survived 20 months into their shit patch and no other shit patch by any of them was even as bad as what he has served up.

how we have won 2 trophies under him is baffling.

Lets face it, if say a Bournemouth or Brentford appointed him over a summer he’d be gone in 10 games with them in the relegation zone.

At this stage I actually think its just the quality of the players stopping us from just being whipped game in game out. He’s dragging a squad of players comfortably capable of top 6 into mid table.

He is an awful, awful manager. ‘Oh but at Ajax….’. At Ajax they train players to play a certain way from youth team to first team, they have a footballing structure, he was a cog in a machine, they could have stuck the youth team coach up there for a season with the same results.

But the whole world does see this. It's mainly a portion of our fanbase and also a lot of the match going fans that don't.

Literally every single person I talk to who isn't a United fan is completely baffled as to how he's still here. To be fair, most United fans now share the sentiment too I'd say. But the difference is, the others had the same opinion after the FA-cup final. The reaction to that final by a good portion of the fan base was embarrassing. Being happy and celebrating the win is one thing, but calling anyone who still wanted him out 'toxic' or what not was just beyond me.
That was some mass weirdness on here that I don't think I'll ever wrap my head around. A season of absolute dross - remember the Champions League "campaign", the capitulations, even to Coventry, languishing in 8th, the horrible performances, open holes in midfield, weird selections and subs, thrashings, EtH blaming everything but himself?

The man gives an admittedly brave speech at OT after our last game, which was impressive (and it was disappointing that some folks chose then to boo), and then pulls off a great game plan in a one-off game and everyone suddenly develops amnesia.

I'll be thrilled if he suddenly turns it all around, really, but we've had nigh on 3 years to observe this long enough to know it's a bad fit.

Good reminder about Coventry. Coventry scored the match winner on us in the SF and only a microscope took the goal away on an offside decision.

How the new “management team” have allowed ETH to continue managing the squad boggles the mind.