Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
He will talk me into an early grave first
I know exactly how you feel.. I've never had a dislike or hate for any of the MU managers we've had(not Moyes, Mourinho, LVG or even RR). But I'm actually starting to dislike ETH or even hate him, for how he sets the team up, how he makes us play, how he seem to treat certain players and how fecking non charismatic he is. He's making me apathetic when I watch us play nowadays and most of the time have no real hope for a victory, which is actually tragic imo.

Season could be derailed due to injuries

This guy must be on a WUM with his lineups and such comments. He had 3 of his most expensive signings on the bench yesterday! The only players we were really missing are shaw and Mainoo.

That’s without even accounting for the fact that we were facing a team of a bunch of United/PL rejects.

He’s getting more and more deluded by the day

Yeah, I'm not going to watch us again until he's in charge. Took a timeout yesterday and it felt good, I had no urge to watch us even after not playing for awhile due to an international break. Thanks ETH.

Here we go again..

And apparently we shouldn't count the Spurs game :lol:

:lol:

He is the most dislikeable person whose ever been associated with United in my lifetime.

It's also mildly amusing that he regurgitates similar excuses to the ETH in crowd who were spouting similar things all of last season and over th summer

Its depressing that I grew up watching this team win everything and now I watch Aston Villa thinking they are so far ahead of us.

Yeah, I'm not going to watch us again until he's in charge. Took a timeout yesterday and it felt good, I had no urge to watch us even after not playing for awhile due to an international break. Thanks ETH.
Imagine if he’s only in his 3rd season of 10

He needs to go ASAP. Everyone can see this is going absolutely nowhere with him. He will never win the league, so what's the point in keeping him now. He's had long enough. He's becoming increasingly annoying as well. INEOS have to pull the trigger soon.

Playing someone whos primary position is low on cover, and who’s had trouble with injuries in the past few years, in a completely different position, one that actually has decent cover. To then shift a centre back out of position to cover for the full back playing behind the striker, and then bring in a much worse centre back as further cover.

Are we the victim of WUM at this stage?

They have no qualms about chanting "you're not fit to wear the shirt" to the players though. It's a huge double standard any way you look at it.
Yeah Ten Hag is one of the most ‘you’re not fit to wear the suit with the club badge’ (doesn’t roll off the tongue) we’ve ever had with his terrible tactics damaging the team. He is having a bigger net negative impact on the team than any player and too stubborn to change his tactics that leave us exposed.

Ten Hag is also getting paid more than half the squad, so he’s not some volunteer. He is being paid a lot of money every day to fail at his job brief.

They have no qualms about chanting "you're not fit to wear the shirt" to the players though. It's a huge double standard any way you look at it.
Yea I've never gotten a straight answer about this phenomenon either :lol:

Home fans are so high and mighty that voicing displeasure the manager is so far beneath us while at the same time, we'll never hesitate or have any qualms about abusing players under them without second thought if they consistently mess up their job.

Excuses are unnacceptable for players at United as we need to uphold the manager's exclusive rights to the excuse list...

I guess we just stick with him regardless, and indefinitely, every season whenever injuries happen, then? Because he didn’t get a “proper go” without injuries. Cool

This was the fan sentiment last season, was it not? That he couldn't be judged unless he "had a go without injuries" ? He managed to survive our worst ever PL season by blaming it on injuries and the fanbase lapped it up. Why would he not say it again this season?

Anyone who was satisfied with that excuse last season should be satisfied with it now as well, because I don't see what's changed.

Only allowed to judge when he has a full squad and we get him De Jong. Otherwise it is a witch hunt.

Why wouldn't he be deluded? He must think he is untouchable now, to be shit for so long and his job to be still safe? I would remind people that as bad as the results have been over the last 70-80 games, the performances have actually been worse. Injuries may have excused some of the results but the set up and tactical approach last season given the players available is some of the most unexplainable shit that football has ever produced for me.

But it will drag on, he will get the odd win here and there, maybe a cup run with enough random moments.

He talks shit most of the time now, used to be measured and now just talking out of arse.

Hopefully his days as United Manager are nunbered

Most fans at Old Trafford would think Antony is useless but they don’t boo him constantly. When people are committing so much time and money they don’t want to be booing and holding up banners. But what it doesn’t mean is that fans are behind the manager, it’s just an over exaggerated assumption that he has the backing of match going fans.

If he was sacked tomorrow you would see relief from most match going fans not uproar because they all back him.

He talks shit most of the time now, used to be measured and now just talking out of arse.

Hopefully his days as United Manager are nunbered
This seems to happen to most of our last few managers. They seem to speak rationally and inspire confidence at first and then as time goes on and results get worse they take on a paranoid tone and pull out odd excuses for the mounting losses.

The never ending excuses and justifications are really grating now. I don't think any United manager has ever outstayed his welcome this much before.

I saw someone saying that he talks like he's West Ham manager and I think that's accurate. He acts like United are some perennial mid-table club who should be more than happy with a cup every now and then.

I had a lot of time for any complaints about injuries last season but the current injuries aren't exactly out of the norm. Few managers deal with what happened last year. Most managers have to deal with injuries like this season.

The relentless message of "stop complaining, trust the plan" gets old after 11 years of shit and countless false dawns
The 'back the manager at all costs no matter what' delusion is also exclusive to this club.

Other clubs/fanbases look on in amusement like we're religious zealots :lol:

I do think it's mad how little time he's had with a fully fit squad, but a lot of these injury prone players were his choice, but also that's just how it goes I suppose. He clearly continued to back a lot of these always injured players instead of looking to move them on. He's not been flexible enough to get even close to the best out of what he's had available.
Basically no manager in football ever has a 'fully fit squad'. I don't know what kind of dream land some of our fans are living in when they say stuff like that. Injuries are a very normal part of football, but he and others act like we're the only one's it happens to.

Basically no manager in football ever has a 'fully fit squad'. I don't know what kind of dream land some of our fans are living in when they say stuff like that. Injuries are a very normal part of football, but he and others act like we're the only one's it happens to.
I said this last year as well. It's extremely rare to have a fully fit squad for a prolonged period of time, but we've been pretty fecking fit this season so far outside of our LB's. All of our wingers, both strikers, full midfield (apart from now Mainoo), CB's/RB's all fit apart from Yoro and some Maguire, and keeper.

He's a clown

I know exactly how you feel.. I've never had a dislike or hate for any of the MU managers we've had(not Moyes, Mourinho, LVG or even RR). But I'm actually starting to dislike ETH or even hate him, for how he sets the team up, how he makes us play, how he seem to treat certain players and how fecking non charismatic he is. He's making me apathetic when I watch us play nowadays and most of the time have no real hope for a victory, which is actually tragic imo.
I felt the same with Lvg, he complete broke my love of football. Recovered somewhat under Ole but never really been the same for me. Now I don’t really care if I miss a match

I hope INEOS say to him “we heard you regarding injuries for last season, but there can be no more excuses, you have a big squad, use it. No more excuses Erik”

Maybe the difference is other clubs have better built squads to deal with injuries better. Ours is appalling.

The man seems unable to take the responsibility for any negative result.
On the other hand, does derailing a derailment end up in re-railment?