Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Still not sure what he was smoking starting Mazroaui at AM. Looked so much more comfortable when he was back at FB later in the game. If we had a genuine injury crisis then fair enough, but Amad, Eriksen, Antony or Zirkzee could all have played there instead.

Bloody hell does he really have that long left on his deal? So he got given a new contract when he was fit for a month or so then.

Yup, he signed an extension on April 2023. I am not mentioning to excuse ETH, it is genually something that the next guy will find in front of him. The modus operandi is/was that we must offer premium wages to our "first choice" players, regardless of how well the team performs, simply because that's expected of us (as a big club). Add to this that we aren't exactly proficient in the transfer market, and what you get is a recipe for disaster. Notice that, this summer, Mazraoui/De Ligt/Ugarte/Zirkzee were signed because AWB/Varane/Amrabat/Martial & Greenwood were off the books. Yoro was the exception, but he falls under the "very young with great potential" category. It gives you an inkling on how we'll be doing business from now on. And, if you look past all the furore, ETH had found a crucial role for Shaw, either as a LB or a LCB, in the build-up. But imagine the next guy walking in and asking the club to make a move for Alphonso Davies, only to be told that we need to offload some players to fund the transfer.

Season could be derailed due to injuries

Nobody is trying to hear this after 600?+ spent on his own specially requested players FFS.

Especially not when we show ZERO marked improvement and serve up the same tumescent shit even when he has a fully fit XI regardless.

Doesn't take millions and fully fit teams for managers like Slot or Ange to get a tune out of their squads...

Heck, it doesn’t take Iraola much to make a bottom table side much more cohesive, structured and harder to beat than mighty Man United...

I can't think of another manager in the league who 86% of the fanbase want to leave, but is still employed by the club.

Still not sure what he was smoking starting Mazroaui at AM. Looked so much more comfortable when he was back at FB later in the game. If we had a genuine injury crisis then fair enough, but Amad, Eriksen, Antony or Zirkzee could all have played there instead.

Why is it surprising? Last season, his go-to option was Scott freaking McTominay, and he's still lamenting the loss. He wants three bodies in the midfield in the defensive phase and the instruction on the ball is to either give it to Bruno so that the latter can conjure up something or bypass the midfield completely.

Nobody is trying to hear this after 600 spent on his own specially requested players ffs. Especially not when we show ZERO marked improvement and serve up the same tumescent shit even when he has a fully fit XI regardless

To be derailed there is an implication that you were on track.

We are 12th with an overdraft in goal difference in the league. And 21st in Europa with 0 goal difference.

I think many at the time considered this to be a good move too.

One of his most perplexing moments was asking players to run 14km in sun after losing to Brentford. Everyone loved it here, I thought it was pathetic.

Agreed. Absolutely embarrassing way to begin his tenure. He's been wank from match-day one.

I guess we just stick with him regardless, and indefinitely, every season whenever injuries happen, then? Because he didn’t get a “proper go” without injuries. Cool

I guess we just stick with him regardless, and indefinitely, every season whenever injuries happen, then? Because he didn’t get a “proper go” without injuries. Cool

It is just an excuse to hide his incompetence. Inhuries or no injuries, we are galaxies away from where we want to be

Injuries are a blessing for him, otherwise the world would see that he is a fraud

Reckon WHUM will be his last game, we will lose and Xavi will be announced straight after. That rumour seems to have picked up recently and the window for a new manager to build up steam is now, Chelsea at home is hard but after that we have 5 games we should winning (Bodo, Everton, Leicester, Ipswich, PAOK) and the snowball of confidence can be built up for the arsenal game.

Unfortunately the caf isnt 86% of the fanbase.

The stadium goers still support him, until that changes he will remain.

I think the support he has amongst match going fans is massively over stated. Anyone I know who attends games thinks he should be sacked but there is a big difference between thinking that and openly booing or holding up banners etc.

The comments about injuries are pointless, we are no better whether we have injuries or not, just like we are no better because the manager gets more time or new players. He just isn’t up to the job and its not going to change.

How is it injuries fault you played a RB as a 10 - what the feck must Amad and Case be thinking.

Guy is a clown and needs to be gone. It's going to take at least 3/4 years but mine as well save us the winter window where he'll spend 50 million buying another Ajax tangential player.

I don’t think they’ll pull the trigger until OT starts turning against the manager. Once the boos start ringing out on a regular basis they’ll have no other option. Shouldn’t have to get to that point but here we are.
It'll be too late into the season for OT to feel sour enough where the mood is palpable in that sense. Our match-going fans are very lax on underperforming managers.

Of what would be considered our top starting XI, only Shaw is out with injury.

Onana, all good.
Mazarousi, all good.
De Ligt, man who plays despite a gash to the head
Martinez, fit but in poor form.
SHAW OUT, fine
Your pick of Casmiro/Ugarte, fit
Mainoo, out for now but it's only been a few games...but Eriksen has excelled in Mainoo's absence
Bruno, all good
Garnacho, all good
Hojlund, recently returned from injury
Rashford, all good

Every club suffers injuries, and we have had more than our share of injuries no doubt, but can any honestly look at that XI and argue that we would be in the hunt for the PL even if every one of them were fit for most of the season?

Reckon WHUM will be his last game, we will lose and Xavi will be announced straight after. That rumour seems to have picked up recently and the window for a new manager to build up steam is now, Chelsea at home is hard but after that we have 5 games we should winning (Bodo, Everton, Leicester, Ipswich, PAOK) and the snowball of confidence can be built up for the arsenal game.
In our current state we could easily lose to any of those teams except for paok maybe. Twente at home was a draw for example.

When are we releasing the DVD?

I know of a few posters on here alone who wouldn't mind finding that in the xmas stocking.

DVD is out in December, right in time for Christmas. But, I hope you didn't miss the open top bus parade after the match.

I think the support he has amongst match going fans is massively over stated. Anyone I know who attends games thinks he should be sacked but there is a big difference between thinking that and openly booing or holding up banners etc.
They have no qualms about chanting "you're not fit to wear the shirt" to the players though. It's a huge double standard any way you look at it.

I'm at the point now that I've been with all the previous failures. I don't really watch the matches any more, just on in the background while I wait for ETH to get sacked. Guess INEOS going to wait until the season is actually unsalvageable before pulling the trigger.

I was happy to give him the opportunity to start the season with the new signings. However, he clearly hasn't taken that opportunity and even with the signings that should be suited to the football he played at Ajax he just isn't getting a tune out of the players to an acceptable level so I think he should be moved on. I do reckon INEOS won't pull the trigger unless we either are in the bottom half of the table come Xmas or its mathematically impossible to get Europe (the glazer model), mainly due to the amount of compensation we would have to pay him. Likely scenario is we limp along until the end of the season where hopefully we are able to get in a good candidate.