Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
So at what point do our INEOS-appointed geniuses believe its the right time to sack? Top 4 mathematically impossible? -10 gd? Making it 1 game won in 20?

Nice to see that they've essentially written off the season in order to save a few quid on Ten Hag's severance...in October no less.

They didn't really. Plenty wanted Moyes to have more time.

I think the only thing driving standards at this club for the last 10 years have actually been the sponsors. The terms of the Adidas deal meant the club couldn't afford to be out of the CL. That got negotiated out I believe so there's no accountability left.
We still lose money when we're out of the CL. It's just that instead of a huge drop (from memory it was over 20m) if we miss out two years in a row, it's now a smaller drop (10m) every year that we miss it. Which would have been much worse for us over the last decade where we've somehow always made it at least once every second season, but it's actually going to work out for the better next season now that ETH is almost certainly going to be the manager who 'achieves' non-qualification two seasons in a row.

In isolation I don't think it's unreasonable to say that draws at Porto and Fenerbahce are decent results. But then that's not taking into account that yet again we've given up a lead, conceded straight after half-time and the overall performance has been poor. Not forgetting we also fecked up at home in one of the easier games of the group so need to make up for those dropped points. And the record in Europe for the last 18 months which is arguably sackable in it's own right, never mind the terrible league form.

For someone who apparently demands high standards, it's unfortunate that his own are so low. And the longer he's here the more we're being dragged down to his level.

Playing Mazraoui in attacking midfield instead of Amad is such a transparent shit manager with low confidence move. Afraid that a better player will show up his captain and call further into question his tactics, game and man management, he opts for a wild move hoping to hoodwink his remaining supporters into some genius masterplan.

In reality he's not up to the job and should have been sacked long ago. I admit at some I was part of those who chose to stay positive for just positivity's sake, but deep down that 7-0 loss to pool never felt right in many aspects and I realize that's when I really lost trust in this manager.

At this point I just watch our football numb if I have 2 hours to waste, the thing of planning my schedule around football is long into the past now.

I'm honestly surprised that a few of them didn't think it was a good point from a tough away game.
But it actually was, in isolation. If we were performing OK in the league, and had beaten Twente as we should have, then both these draws would have been considered OK results. It's hard to win away from home in Europe as many of the good teams have learned. Barca lost to Shakhtar last season, Real lost to Lille this year.

It's the style, the Mazraoui at 10, the fact we've barely won any games in Europe in the last two years that add up to the grim picture. It's fine to not get results in some of these game in isolation but we are not getting any impressive results in any games at all. We haven't had a single good win this year.

We also should have lost yesterday, and should have lost at Porto. They both outplayed us.

I think the only thing driving standards at this club for the last 10 years have actually been the sponsors. The terms of the Adidas deal meant the club couldn't afford to be out of the CL. That got negotiated out I believe so there's no accountability left.

Far more lofty standards than today, that's for sure.

I don’t think they’ll pull the trigger until OT starts turning against the manager. Once the boos start ringing out on a regular basis they’ll have no other option. Shouldn’t have to get to that point but here we are.

But it actually was, in isolation. If we were performing OK in the league, and had beaten Twente as we should have, then both these draws would have been considered OK results. It's hard to win away from home in Europe as many of the good teams have learned. Barca lost to Shakhtar last season, Real lost to Lille this year.

It's the style, the Mazraoui at 10, the fact we've barely won any games in Europe in the last two years that add up to the grim picture. It's fine to not get results in some of these game in isolation but we are not getting any impressive results in any games at all. We haven't had a single good win this year.

We also should have lost yesterday, and should have lost at Porto. They both outplayed us.

In isolation, it's not terrible. But, when everything else is taken into context, it's hard to see it as anything other than terrible.

I don’t think they’ll pull the trigger until OT starts turning against the manager. Once the boos start ringing out on a regular basis they’ll have no other option. Shouldn’t have to get to that point but here we are.

I think you will find that we are very close to this point now. Alot of fans are sick and tired of this boring football.

I mean what does anyone see in his football to say, we are improving? or there is anything to say he will make us title contenders?

Usually, when a manager is bad, you can say at least he is good defensively, or we score goals or we keep the ball well.

Under Ten Hag, we are probably the worst in the league at all aspects, we cant defend a lead, we cant control the game, we cant create chances, we dont defend set plays well, we dont attack set plays well.

There is absolutely nothing that he does ok at let alone well.

Can't wait to see us being coached by someone else. The players are there for something a lot more interesting than what we are getting.

Is it really hard to comprehend that woodward/murtough were awful at recruiting managers, I don't see why tne hag gets the wait and see approach when he was hired by the same people the oversaw moyes, ole, mourinho and lvg, none of which have proved to us that we wring to boot them out the door and in fact should have done it quicker with all of them.

INEOS have shown already that the have either the same level of standards as the Glaziers or the same football knowledge otherwise they would have sacked ETH last season. INEOS was supposed to be the clean slate that would kick start the rebuild, instead it's just carried on from where we were.

They need to show some spine and sack him ASAP.

INEOS have shown already that the have either the same level of standards as the Glaziers or the same football knowledge otherwise they would have sacked ETH last season. INEOS was supposed to be the clean slate that would kick start the rebuild, instead it's just carried on from where we were.

They've been disastrous so far. Really, really bad.

The fans that go to the matches will never boo the manager.

Tbf if they can force that to happen, credit to them. That'll be a massive step forward for the club.

But I doubt that'll happen.

ETH would have 100% been gone by now under previous regime.

ETH would have 100% been gone by now under previous regime.

Say what you want about Woodward, but even he knew full well when a managers time was up, and the club needed a change, even if that change wasn't always right. What he did was still much more logical than whatever INEOS are trying to do.

This continues to be the stupidest thing ever.

At this point it has to be a financial decision more than a footballing one, the manager is washed.

Say what you want about Woodward, but even he knew full well when a managers time was up, and the club needed a change, even if that change wasn't always right. What he did was still much more logical than whatever INEOS are trying to do.
Their problem was that they always tried to stick to the most basic solution possible, paying no heed to circumstances, fit, timing. All the coaches we hired were obvious choices (except for giving Ole a long term deal), most of the players they signed were the default targets for what was needed but were not actually the correct targets because they didn't fit the team, timeline etc.

Here we go again..

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag on injuries plaguing his side for a second season in a row: "Yeah, that holds us back in our levels, and also in our position in the league. When you don't have the players available, you can't line up the best team, and that is what's holding us back in this moment.

"We need more players available often and then we have to work all together on this point. That is the players, the coaching staff, all the other staff - we have to do better to get more available players, because we know when we have them, we are a really tough team to play [against]. When we have them, we can be really successful, and that is what we have shown over the last couple of months."

And apparently we shouldn't count the Spurs game :lol:

"I deny that game," he said. "I ignore that game against Spurs because we were downsized to 10 and the red card was overturned.

I don’t know why we don’t go for Simeone now, he’s available, wants to manager in England, he’s mentioned a few times this summer his time at athletics is coming to an end and he wants a fresh challenge
Might be because he's the highest paid manager in Europe, any buyout to hire him would be astroniomical at a time where we're making budget cuts across the board and seemingly can't afford ETH's own buyout which is about half of Simeone's annual salary.

I respect him a ton and his record is undeniable but I've never watched his Atletico and though that's how I'd want United to play :lol:

Jose has turned me off of the dark arts for the long term

INEOS must be thinking that they can get their man in June, but not now, whoever he may be. And this better to let the ghost of the current manager continue to toil and burn the squad into the ground.

But it’s clear to me that that is foolish. Better to rip the bandage now and appoint Ruud as interim than to persist with Erik.

this is now considered an uptick in form:

51d0230e20b7ab089af8a4219cde63f3d990b5ee.jpg

That's about as bad as things can get. Abysmal manager who thinks draws are good

Here we go again..

And apparently we shouldn't count the Spurs game :lol:

We were getting absolutely destroyed BEFORE the red card.

It's very concerning that our manager doesn't count our worst performance of the season. He should learn from it not ignore it.

In isolation I don't think it's unreasonable to say that draws at Porto and Fenerbahce are decent results. But then that's not taking into account that yet again we've given up a lead, conceded straight after half-time and the overall performance has been poor. Not forgetting we also fecked up at home in one of the easier games of the group so need to make up for those dropped points. And the record in Europe for the last 18 months which is arguably sackable in it's own right, never mind the terrible league form.

For someone who apparently demands high standards, it's unfortunate that his own are so low. And the longer he's here the more we're being dragged down to his level.

I am more pissed off about the approach especially the 1st half at Fenerbahce. We parked the bus and hope to hit on them on the counter. It worked but on the balance of play they should have been up 2 - 1. And if you play that half a 100 times, 80 % time Fenerbahce is up by half time. You got let the other time dominate possession and come at you time after time. Especially if you have better players or as good players. It's embarrassing Man UTD parking the bus at Fenerbahce like they are real madrid. ETH now is more occupied with not loosing so he can keep his job. His priority isn't a good footballing process. Process triumphs over the long the run. We are not trying to build a good process that 2- 3 years can help us contend for a title. We play like a relegation team, where each week we are trying not to loose. And its his 3rd season. What a waste of a season

Reactions: Cheimoon
He really doesn't give a feck about setting himself up for major criticism, he doesn't play the game at all. It makes you question his mentality, it's borderline insanity at times.

I think you will find that we are very close to this point now. Alot of fans are sick and tired of this boring football.

I mean what does anyone see in his football to say, we are improving? or there is anything to say he will make us title contenders?

Usually, when a manager is bad, you can say at least he is good defensively, or we score goals or we keep the ball well.

Under Ten Hag, we are probably the worst in the league at all aspects, we cant defend a lead, we cant control the game, we cant create chances, we dont defend set plays well, we dont attack set plays well.

There is absolutely nothing that he does ok at let alone well.
I'm not a regular match going fan so can't comment but while you say a sentiment is there, do you think will actually be vocal about it?

Yeah it's pure revisionism. The fans in the stadium clapped Moyes off the pitch after his final game at OT, and loudly booed the "Moyes Out" plane that flew over during a match.