Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you could argue a case for LVG. He's the only manager who went out on a (small) high and we were never utterly embarrassing during his tenure. Just boring. Too many 0-0 draws but at least we weren't getting pumped 3-0 by Spurs at home.

We were horrendous under LVG and he absolutely ruined the squad, selling players like Evans, Welbeck, Nani, Rafael and others for peanuts and replacing them with worse.

At least back then we had a big financial advantage over the rest though. That has been wasted now, it's gone.

It only falls flat on its face if we have a record of hiring the best managers, and we don’t.

Moyes, a past his best LVG, a past his best Mourinho, Ole, Rangnick, Ten Hag. Do you honestly think that is a list of elite managers at the top of their game?

Emery has transformed Villa from a mid table team into a team that is competing in the top four and now in the CL, in the same time Ten Hag has had turning Utd into a mid table team.

The thing is we like to re-write history after the event. When you judge things on hindsight, must be nice and easy.

Jose won the PL with Chelsea 2 seasons before we signed him.

Go back on the caf when we were looking for a manager and there was a big portion of fans on here thinking we cant get Ten Hag because of how bad we are and that he is being lined up for City job. So please, lets not do this that we all knew Ten Hag was rubbish and you knew all along.

I'm at the point where the squad he's spend £600m on is so bad I don't think another manager will finish much higher than 7th (which Ten Hag will get nowhere near this season).

Apart from a bit of depth at CB it's a completely mid table XI.

Ok, apparently you can't be negative and write without embelishment. Situation is dire, but moderation is quality controling us and want us to write lies. They are ten Haged. I won't write anymore until something changes. To all fans I wish you good nerves to hold on in this situation.

Ok, apparently you can't be negative and write without embelishment. Situation is dire, but moderation is quality controling us and want us to write lies. They are ten Haged. I won't write anymore until something changes. To all fans I wish you good nerves to hold on in this situation.

What is this Trump like nonsense?

I wrote that United became clown club with main clown Bozo (EtH) in charge. Got 3 points for being overly negative etc...
You won't get into trouble if you write that you think he is incompetent and why you think that. Calling people clowns is just bad style and doesn't do the style of (often) good discussions justice.

I'm at the point where the squad he's spend £600m on is so bad I don't think another manager will finish much higher than 7th (which Ten Hag will get nowhere near this season).

Apart from a bit of depth at CB it's a completely mid table XI.

See I don’t think it is anymore he’s just not getting the best out of our players , Full back we’re struggling due to injuries but the squad has quality elsewhere in my opinion.

When the squad can’t put 2 passes together and are conceding so many chances per match it’s the system/setup

In recent years I would agree but we’ve cut the so called mediocrity out of the side in recent transfer windows

I’ve absolutely had it with his cowardly, trash “transitional” football. A worse version of Oleball in reality, which was already bad enough. I’m so, so sick of it. Playing every single game like a bottom half side desperately holding on against a superior opponent. Sit back, hope the defenders have a world class performance every game, and lob the ball to the wings every now and then. But with the added idiocy of everyone rushing forward after it. Barely any attempt at possession or control. Brilliant tactician, I tell you, truly groundbreaking stuff there. I can’t stand to watch a single minute more of this sludge, I might just call it for the season. I’ve been wanting to watch less and less. It’s horrible football with no progress, no end goal, no vision, no “process”. You can give him a year, or ten years, or a century, billions to spend, and it’s going to be exactly the same now, again, and forever. This team, even though it's hardly the same team anymore as far as personnel is concerned, performs identically to what is basically 2 years ago. How is it even possible to make absolutely no progress whatsoever? It's mind-boggling. Every time it's just when <insert player name> returns, but they do return, unless it's Mount, and it's the same over and over and over again. But I'm somehow supposed to believe that there's going to be a moment of such epiphany, such revelation that this team will go from utter shite to world beaters over a single window?

A master conman and it tells me plenty about this new “best-in-class” structure that they need months of watching this shit to come to the same conclusion, if they ever do.

Last edited:
When you think about this, we are not really in that bad position. We've already got two of our toughest EL games out of the way, remaining are PAOK, Bodo/Glimt and Rangers at home which should get us at least 5 points, and Plzen away which while difficult is still winnable. Top 8 may be difficult but we should finish anywhere near 9th and 24th comfortably.

In the cups, we will already be in QFs if we beat Leicester, and a draw has been good for us in that one of City/Tottenham, Brighton/Liverpool will get knocked out soon. I can see us making it to a semifinal with a good draw, and then it's a short way to final, possibly another trophy under ten Hag's belt.

As for the league, we will probably cruise towards 7th to 10th finish. I am certain we won't finish against any of City, Liverpool and Arsenal, and don't expect us to finish above too many of Villa, Spurs, Brighton, Newcastle and Chelsea - maybe could pip 1 or 2 of them to 6th or 7th, which I reckon will be enough to keep him for another Summer.

See I don’t think it is anymore he’s just not getting the best out of our players , Full back we’re struggling due to injuries but the squad has quality elsewhere in my opinion.

When the squad can’t put 2 passes together and are conceding so many chances per match it’s the system/setup
He isn't even trying any more, and this was my biggest concern about hiring a 'system' manager. They're so wedded to a system that they don't care about results, all they care about is did the players adhere to the system and implement his ideas on the pitch. There's zero pragmatism.

“Cruising” to between a 7th and 10th place league position does not - in my book - put us in a good position.

He’s spent a fortune, got his own squad and - 3 years down the line - we are still utterly shit and with no recognisable style of play. It’s baffling how he is still here.

When you think about this, we are not really in that bad position. We've already got two of our toughest EL games out of the way, remaining are PAOK, Bodo/Glimt and Rangers at home which should get us at least 5 points, and Plzen away which while difficult is still winnable. Top 8 may be difficult but we should finish anywhere near 9th and 24th comfortably.

In the cups, we will already be in QFs if we beat Leicester, and a draw has been good for us in that one of City/Tottenham, Brighton/Liverpool will get knocked out soon. I can see us making it to a semifinal with a good draw, and then it's a short way to final, possibly another trophy under ten Hag's belt.

As for the league, we will probably cruise towards 7th to 10th finish. I am certain we won't finish against any of City, Liverpool and Arsenal, and don't expect us to finish above too many of Villa, Spurs, Brighton, Newcastle and Chelsea - maybe could pip 1 or 2 of them to 6th or 7th, which I reckon will be enough to keep him for another Summer.
League position should always be key in judging how our season is going/has went. If most teams in the PL threw their league position they’d also do very well in cup competitions.

You won't get into trouble if you write that you think he is incompetent and why you think that. Calling people clowns is just bad style and doesn't do the style of (often) good discussions justice.
We already wrote everything about his "competence", his style and all the bad decisions. We are beyond reason in this situation, fans should be furious and stop supporting continuation of ruining our club. Everything we have in our arsenal is bad mouthing whole structure online, stop buying stuff, boycoting live games (which I can't because I'm living far from England). If they lose us they will consider their moves faster and better.

In recent years I would agree but we’ve cut the so called mediocrity out of the side in recent transfer windows
Exactly. Our squad is not that bad.

I would say that i will miss your posts but that would a lie.

You got a quality control warning because you repeatedly post shite, not for writing lies.

Thank feck you won't be posting anything ever again.

I am sick of hearing about patience. First of all managers are mere head coaches at this point. There's no 'long term vision' they need to implement, 'developing youths' or 'finding the right talent that fit a winning system'. That's done by the higher ups. Managers are mere head coaches whose job is that of managing day to day training, keeping players motivated and win games on the pitch. That's simply ain't happening. On top of that we've got an insular manager whose obsessed with Eredivisie talent and whose tactics are very predictable

I'd say sack him and hire an interim. I am sure that someone like Mancini can stir the ship to safety till the end of the season

Cant wait to see the back of this absolute idiot, dreadful manager who would struggle to get as much wrong if he was trying to

Our biggest problem with him is that all his reign so far is about adapting system, style and lineups to get results to avoid sack instead working on certain style of play.
In pre-season we work on certain style of play, then we start with few bad results and he goes in survival mode. Rinse and repeat.

Our biggest problem with him is that all his reign so far is about adapting system, style and lineups to get results to avoid sack instead working on certain style of play.
In pre-season we work on certain style of play, then we start with few bad results and he goes in survival mode. Rinse and repeat.
He can’t help being a serial winner that just can’t lose and will do anything to succeed.

Man marking Amrabat is about as low as it gets. The guys about as dangerous as a wet fart on the ball.

The football is so fecking slow, players look like they don't know where or when to run. I'd say if you did absolute no tactical work or " patterns of play" (fcuking hate that expression) in training and just sent them out to play football, they'd probably play better than this.

Man marking Amrabat is about as low as it gets. The guys about as dangerous as a wet fart on the ball.

The football is so fecking slow, players look like they don't know where or when to run. I'd say if you did absolute no tactical work or " patterns of play" (fcuking hate that expression) in training and just sent them out to play football, they'd probably play better than this.
Man marking Amrabat is beyond stupid to be honest... he had played for Ten Hag ffs

Stop making excuses for him! I'd call your improvement clean shit, because we saw how Porto clean shited on us while losing 0:2. Fkin pathetic eth army trying to see anything positive here.

Christ the state of reading comprehension in this thread is laughable. Yes we know the team is playing poorly and in a terrible league position.

Saying that some things have improved doesn't mean that everything is fine and dandy - there can be improvements in some areas alongside severe deficiencies in others.

Why do you even try to find something better in this total shitshow? What's your purpose or goal in it? I don't understand at all.

Such an incompetence in a ruthless billionaire world is really weird and unexplainable to me.

Ok, they are continuing on the path of suicidal idiocy, and I won't be drawn in it. I hope they'll eat even bigger shit when Erik (-ten GD) Hag destroys the club even more. I value my time a lot more in my life at the moment than this crap!

A quote from the legendary meme video about sticking things for EtH: "You can stick it up your own, asshole"!
It is a disgrace that we have to "stick" to this misery and knowing the outcome.

Gee, I wonder why he got a QC warning when he's such a valuable member of the forum.

Ten Hag plays a style of football that means it's impossible to consistently win games.

It's mid table football, the sort of thing you'd expect from Roy Hodgson or David Moyes.

I honestly have no idea why he's not been sacked yet?

I've written negatively for years without problems. Maybe you should look at yourself.

I think at this point it’s undeniable that standards have been allowed to slip to their lowest in many decades. How this level of slop is being allowed is so disheartening and disappointing. I can’t understand how it’s being accepted and excused.

What’s extra grim is the Glazers without INEOS would have binned him off ages ago.

this is now considered an uptick in form:

51d0230e20b7ab089af8a4219cde63f3d990b5ee.jpg

I think at this point it’s undeniable that standards have been allowed to slip to their lowest in many decades. How this level of slop is being allowed is so disheartening and disappointing. I can’t understand how it’s being accepted and excused.

What’s extra grim is the Glazers without INEOS would have binned him off ages ago.
Maybe it is about ego? Berrada, Wilcox and Ashworth decided to keep him this summer and they don't want to accept mistake now.