Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Our standards are different now. We are a mid table team. Doesn’t make Ten Hag’s comments valid but the reality is that we are average and are hoping our storied legacy keeps the cash flowing.

The real losers in this entire debacle are us fans.
I disagree. I don't think talent wise we are as good as City, Arsenal or Pool. But outside of those 3 talent wise on paper we are as better than other teams. You can argue Chelsea squad is better but its not a huge gap.We should be right out side the top 3. We are playing at 40 % capacity of what the team is capable of. A big reason is the coaching. We don't have a proper plan so we revert back to defensive counter attack. And defensively we are not organized either, so our midfield gets played right through. Another reason is belief. I honestly think a lot of these players subconsciously have given up on being elite. I don't think any of these players belief we can be the UTD of old. You can see it with some of the senior players who have been here a long time. Fernandes isn't playing at the level he used when he first signed. When he first came in there was a confidence a swagger and now that's gone. When you don't belief you can succeed at the highest level, your expectations go down, then your standards go down and finally your effort goes down. This is the process new signing take when they came here.
UTD need a new manager with new approach. A big reason I wanted ETH out because it was a chance to reset everything. INEOS could have gone to all the players, forget what's happened previously lets start a fresh like you have signed for a new club. But we kept same manager, same atmosphere. We need something to break the club as a whole out of this rut and inject belief that we can win again. Maybe that's a tall ask for any new manager. But couple that with smart signings and that could be the jolt that's needed. Its beyond a tall ask to expect ETH to turn this around. It's not just tactically he has to do it. Mentality wise he has to do it as well. And people and motivation and man management is clearly not strong skill he has.

I think that is autocorrected when people used t urgid. From a time when it was used in the football forums incredibly frequently. We could probably change it back now although it is still mildly amusing.

Last edited:
Shit tactics and shit management aside, he should be sacked just for Antony, Mount and Zirkzee signings.

Dutch Moyes. He's clueless.
That's a serious disrespect to Moyes.
He wouldn't be able to replicate anything Moyes did with Westham or Everton, would be complaining about injuries/squad not being good enough.

He is De boer level. I would be very surprised if he gets any job in the top 5 leagues after this.

That's a serious disrespect to Moyes.
He wouldn't be able to replicate anything Moyes did with Westham or Everton, would be complaining about injuries/squad not being good enough.

He is De boer level. I would be very surprised if he gets any job in the top 5 leagues after this.
And moyes wouldn’t have been able to do anything with Ajax. Not defending ETH but he won us 2 trophies. Moyes didn’t win us 1 so comparing the 2 is a bit strange.

Playing Mazaroui has to be pisstake surely. He is daring the board to sack him. All he needed to do today was to play Eriksen at 10 and play Ugarte and Casemiro in Central midfield. Or Play Amad or Zirkzee there.

He mentions how Antony deserves a chance due to his training performance but fails to mention how Zirkzee who is serving trash is getting a start while likes of Amad hasnt seen a single minute in last 3 games.

At this point is better to get rid because his team management would lead to more discontent and results most likely wont improve
He want the sack and he should never have been allowed to start the season - lets just please end it for all our sakes.

How are we always dragging these sackings out for way too long? Its bad for the club, the players and the manager - not to mention us fans mental health!

He may be. But you can’t leave details about him talking about“wanting to win every match”, and embellish the other points to drive the narrative.

Post it all. Or don’t post. Bad as the fecking mainstream media.
what does 'wanting to win every match' have to do with saying we are 'hard to beat' ? You can absolutely take the latter and laugh at it and the former doesn't make it any better.

Getting a draw away is his way now. He realised that he must avoid defeats and board will be happy with that.

I actually think that he will catch another trophy this year.

Should be sacked for those comments alone. He has no clue what this club is about and I’m genuinely starting to dislike him. I cannot see a single good reason why he’s still here. A manager’s job is to make the team perform better than the sum of the parts. He’s actively doing the opposite.

Did any of our managers post Fergie leave United in better shape then they found it?
Arguably Van Gaal. He took us from 7th to 6th before he got sacked and also won an FA cup whilst instilling a clear style of play and structure to our football. Problem is we appointed someone with a completely different style of football to succeed him.

I don't think he deserved more time by the way. He was rightly sacked as ETH should have been after his FA cup win.

Imagine thinking Tuchel wouldn’t be better than him. The fans who obsessively supported him and now INEOS are showing how deluded they are in supporting incompetence.

I don’t know why we don’t go for Simeone now, he’s available, wants to manager in England, he’s mentioned a few times this summer his time at athletics is coming to an end and he wants a fresh challenge

I don’t know why we don’t go for Simeone now, he’s available, wants to manager in England, he’s mentioned a few times this summer his time at athletics is coming to an end and he wants a fresh challenge
Have you seen his style of play before?
Good Lord, will rather have big Sam here.

Wages will be a problem, isnt he on something ridiculous at Atletico, 40m a year I think?

Winless in Europe on forever, mid table in the league. Making crazy team selections when the smarter more obvious selections are right there. It's crazy how he's still in the job. Even if the West Ham result is bad, we'll start again with the "next two games are pivotal in deciding his future" rinse and repeat. INEOS for all the "best in class" really are neglecting best in class management on the pitch where it actually counts.

I thought today we deserve to win 1-0 or may be even 2-0. Other than the double saves from Onana in first half, I didn’t think Fenerbahce possessed enough threats to score. IMO, The goal they scored is down to individual mistake because any decent defender should have head that ball away.

Zirkzee is bad imo, he’s too slow to release the ball and his ball control is poor. I understand that the manager wants to give him chance by rotating him and Hojlund, but in reality Zirkzee isn’t good enough to start in Europa league and PL at the moment.

I disagree. I don't think talent wise we are as good as City, Arsenal or Pool. But outside of those 3 talent wise on paper we are as better than other teams. You can argue Chelsea squad is better but its not a huge gap.We should be right out side the top 3. We are playing at 40 % capacity of what the team is capable of. A big reason is the coaching. We don't have a proper plan so we revert back to defensive counter attack. And defensively we are not organized either, so our midfield gets played right through. Another reason is belief. I honestly think a lot of these players subconsciously have given up on being elite. I don't think any of these players belief we can be the UTD of old. You can see it with some of the senior players who have been here a long time. Fernandes isn't playing at the level he used when he first signed. When he first came in there was a confidence a swagger and now that's gone. When you don't belief you can succeed at the highest level, your expectations go down, then your standards go down and finally your effort goes down. This is the process new signing take when they came here.
UTD need a new manager with new approach. A big reason I wanted ETH out because it was a chance to reset everything. INEOS could have gone to all the players, forget what's happened previously lets start a fresh like you have signed for a new club. But we kept same manager, same atmosphere. We need something to break the club as a whole out of this rut and inject belief that we can win again. Maybe that's a tall ask for any new manager. But couple that with smart signings and that could be the jolt that's needed. Its beyond a tall ask to expect ETH to turn this around. It's not just tactically he has to do it. Mentality wise he has to do it as well. And people and motivation and man management is clearly not strong skill he has.
I see your point but isn’t that the problem? ETH isn’t going anywhere and that’s the calibre of managers we’re keeping at the club. I’d say more often than not mid table clubs have made better managerial choices than us. We have quality players but we aren’t a quality team.

A Manchester United manager into his 3rd season, and after being backed with over half a billion pounds, should be expected to be competitive in the CL as a bare minimum. That should be the bar we're setting, like any other big club. Instead we're not even competitive in the Europa league.
People would often say we're midtable for dramatic affect and hyperbole, but Ten Hag has literally turned us into a midtable team, and created a cult like following in the process. Baffling doesn't really sum up just how confused I am by the entire situation

Under Ole we still had standards, under Ole we never went into games against West Ham thinking we'd lose. Now all standards are gone. EtH has successfully reduced us to an average team that celebrates mediocrity. A draw away at Fener isn't the problem, it's what it represents alongside a long line of mediocre performances. If to say we were 3rd in the table and playing great football and went away to Porto and Fener and drew, most of us would let it slide, tough away games but not now. We are so bad, those away draws are the highlight of our season.

We were so happy to reach the Europa league..
The Conference would have been much closer to our level. Even we would be able to get 3 points against Larne, St Gallen, Omonia, Backa topola
There’s no way we would’ve beat Panathinaikos 1-4 away from home too. Not a chance.

Under Ole we still had standards, under Ole we never went into games against West Ham thinking we'd lose. Now all standards are gone. EtH has successfully reduced us to an average team that celebrates mediocrity. A draw away at Fener isn't the problem, it's what it represents alongside a long line of mediocre performances. If to say we were 3rd in the table and playing great football and went away to Porto and Fener and drew, most of us would let it slide, tough away games but not now. We are so bad, those away draws are the highlight of our season.
Oh behave, we won last week... so therefore, there is no negatives to talk about this man...

Apparently when we win, we forget everything negative over the past 2 years and continue going as business as usual.

This season is a free hit for them. All the blame can go on ETH when they do pull the trigger and they’ll justify it because he was the previous regimes choice.

We can only hope that whoever they have in mind is worth tanking the season over.
Last season was supposed to be the free hit ffs. We threw away that season when he was supposed to be sacked in early December.

Every summer we spend millions and seem to go further backwards. We’ve no left back, no striker and still having to use Eriksen in midfield.
Tactics have been questionable, same mistakes game after game. Give up too many shots on goal, can’t control a game and we bring on Antony who gets injured and can’t be sent out on loan in January if it’s serious. Club needs a manager change, hasn’t worked and doubt it will now.

[/QUOTE]
Nope. The last 3 permanent managers wasted a tonne of time and money, leaving a mess behind.

I think you could argue a case for LVG. He's the only manager who went out on a (small) high and we were never utterly embarrassing during his tenure. Just boring. Too many 0-0 draws but at least we weren't getting pumped 3-0 by Spurs at home.

'hard to beat' ? :lol: We've lost 13 out of the last 30. That's almost half our fecking games.

He's literally taking the piss out of the fanbase with his quotes.
Is this true? We have been horrendous, but 13 defeats out of 30 sounds even worse.