Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I want him out as much as the next person, but the shit that’s been linked from Twitter is taken out of context to make it seem far worse than what he actually said.

Either post it all in it’s entirety, or don’t post it at all.

The clip of him saying it in full is literally quoted twice in the 5 messages above you.

What are you on about? The quote is its entirety is still absolutely laughable. He's a joke.
He may be. But you can’t leave details about him talking about“wanting to win every match”, and embellish the other points to drive the narrative.

Post it all. Or don’t post. Bad as the fecking mainstream media.

The clip of him saying it in full is literally quoted twice in the 5 messages above you.
Nope. He said a couple of lines did he?

Context.

Ten Hag is digging his own grave. He doesn’t need quotes taken out of context to help him. He’s doing a good enough job to get the sack without it.

I'm beginning to suspect Ten Hag actually hates Manchester United and enjoys watching us fail.

This guy does not give a single feck when we drop points.

The job of the Manchester United first team collectively now is to avoid dramatic thrashings long enough that he can avoid too much personal negative attention. Nothing else matters and he's delighted as long as they do that.

He may be. But you can’t leave details about him talking about“wanting to win every match”, and embellish the other points to drive the narrative.

Would Fergie be taking the positives if his United team were 21st in the Europa League with 0 wins from 3 matches?

Ten Hag seems to think he's managing West Ham or something.

What a load of shit. Doesn't matter in the slightest whether some of it was posted or all of is was posted - either version is absolutely damning. The full clip does nothing to alter the fact that he's delusional and totally out of his depth.

Yo
Would Fergie be taking the positives if his United team were 21st in the Europa League with 0 wins from 3 matches?

You seem to confuse me with a Ten Hag apologist.

I want him out also.

I don’t agree with some of his comments, however, he said much more than what is being quoted that provides a little more context.

But that shit doesn’t make good moans, right?

What a load of shit. Doesn't matter in the slightest whether some of it was posted or all of is was posted - either version is absolutely damning. The full clip does nothing to alter the fact that he's delusional and totally out of his depth.
Ah, so he never said anything about it being a good point, but wanting to win? I don’t see that mentioned at all. Like I said. Context.

But that doesn’t make for a good whinge, does it?

For the record, I want Ten Hag out as much as any of you lot.

Ah, so he never said anything about it being a good point, but wanting to win? I don’t see that mentioned at all. Like I said. Context.

But that doesn’t make for a good whinge, does it?

For the record, I want Ten Hag out as much as any of you lot.

Let's add the full context then. He talked about "wanting to win every match" after a match in which he started a defender at 10 because he thinks, and I quote: "to start with four attackers is too much". Yep, really sounds like a guy wanting to win every match. Glad you added that all important context - really changed the narrative.

Let's add the full context then. He talked about "wanting to win every match" after a match in which he started a defender at 10 because he thinks, and I quote: "to start with four attackers is too much". Yep, really sounds like a guy wanting to win every match. Glad you added that all important context - really changed the narrative.
l don’t disagree. But people should be free to formulate their own options based on all the information, rather than truncated media bites taken from social media - that are clearly being used to sway bias or generate clicks.

It’s a disgrace when you look at their team sheet and the fact their managed by a washed up Jose who’s failed at every club on the last 10 years.

I don’t want to be just another drone voice slagging off on ETH, but the opponent was there to be had and the manager capitulated before the first whistle. I’m on board with Ruud taking the helm for now, come what may.

l don’t disagree. But people should be free to formulate their own options based on all the information, rather than truncated media bites taken from social media - that are clearly being used to sway bias or generate clicks.

This doesn't make any sense when the totality of what he said is even more damning than just the clips. If you're just generally mad about soundbites being used in the media, then I'd suggest giving the internet, TV and print media a miss.

Oh, he's actually serious. Incredible.

This is his level, it's always been his level from his first day at Ajax, and it's clearly the level Ineos wants for us.

Forget thinking about competing for the league title, forget ever seeing CL nights again. We are Ajax transfected into a big league. Draws against Porto and Fenerbahce are a huge deal. Getting to the late knockouts of the Europa league is almost unthinkable (not least because we wont be qualifying for it most seasons). Winning a tinpot cup is the pinnacle. They dont care if we finish 7th through 12th in the league because that is their bar.

And yes, the fans who still gormlessly applaud this guy off at Old Trafford are complicit in it.

This is his level, it's always been his level from his first day at Ajax, and it's clearly the level Ineos wants for us.

Forget thinking about competing for the league title, forget qualifying for the CL. We are Ajax transfected into a big league. Draws against Porto and Fenerbahce are a huge deal. Getting to the late knockouts of the Europa league is almost unthinkable. Winning a tinpot cup is the pinnacle. They dont care if we finish 7th through 12th in the league because that is their bar.

And yes, the fans who still gormlessly applaud this guy off at Old Trafford are complicit in it.

“Transfected” is actually a real word. Nicely done!

This doesn't make any sense when the totality of what he said is even more damning than just the clips. If you're just generally mad about soundbites being used in the media, then I'd suggest giving the internet, TV and print media a miss.
It’s the impressionable clowns that run here with everything they see on Twitter, that I’d rather give a miss to.

I am able to take the shit I see online with a pinch of salt, or I am at least mature enough to come up with my own opinion; but people here seem hell bent on taking ANYTHING they see on social media as absolute gospel.

Twitter links should be banned. All it does is fuel toxicity and drive witch hunts based, typically, on incomplete information. Or flat out lies. Or both.

I remember when Moyes said we aspire to be like City. I reckon ETH aspires to be like West Ham.A team that may nick a result v one of the big clubs whilst also grabbing draws in Europe

It’s the impressionable clowns that run here with everything they see on Twitter, that I’d rather give a miss to.

I am able to take the shit I see online with a pinch of salt, or I am at least mature enough to come up with my own opinion; but people here seem hell bent on taking ANYTHING they see on social media as absolute gospel.

Twitter links should be banned. All it does is fuel toxicity and drive witch hunts based, typically, on incomplete information. Or flat out lies. Or both.

But that clip was something he actually said, and the extended clip didn't make it any better in my opinion, it made it even more laughable. Of all the things to get upset about after that travesty of a performance, people quoting an actual thing he said after the match isn't it.

I actually admire those of you who have the capacity to reset and treat every match anew; for me, we've just been pissing the season away from the moment it was clear he should be sacked and every subsequent match is just a contribution to the writing off of yet another season.

I don't know how you're not numb, or, if you are surprised per game, how that is possible.

This job is so far beyond him it's not even worth remonstrating about by now. It's absolutely alarming that those who are supposed to be coming in to fix everything are contributing willfully to biggest capitulation I have seen whilst supporting this club. You absolutely cannot compare this to any placing of Fergie's when fixing the inner workings - this is a manager unravelling the fabric of what we are at every turn, getting worse and worse and worse, and being allowed to do so.

We're an absolute shambles and if this continues for the whole season, young talent here will be within their right to want out.

Any player with ambition - young or old considering this club now knows they can't trust the club. The club will happily write off multiple seasons at a time. They will happily waste years of a players career. They will piss away key years of a players development with underwhelming coaching, lack of gametime (in Amad's case) and won't look out for them beyond the salary their paid.

There isn't a single ambitious player who should be signing a deal with this club, without an exit strategy build into their contract going forward. If they're sensible they need release clauses in their contracts if the club fails to deliver - in the same way their wages get reduced the seasons we miss out on top 4.

Even though we ahead in the first half. The performance in the first half was unacceptable. We made no attempt to play football. It was Mourinho ball. Park the bus and hit on the counter. Based on the quality of chances, we should have been down 2 - 1.
What is the point of this season if we are going to play ultra defensive football. Seems like now we are playing so ETH can keep his job. We are not working on building a progressive attacking style that can in 2- 3 years can have us challenge for the title. I understand doing this in your first season. But not in the 3rd. Footballing wise, we are the same place we were when he was hired. We are unlikely to make top 4 so this season would me meaningless and another wasted season. And even if sneak into top 4, whats the point of making UCL to play like this.We will be out by group stage.
The coach has to have a long term vision of how we want to play and build on. The goal should be not to make top 4 for top 4, other wise we are Tottenham. The goal should be building the team to contend in 2-3 years. That means for teams like Fenerbahçe, we should try to play football against them. They are not Man City or Madrid. We have to play football against average and lesser teams.

Reactions: Cheimoon
But that clip was something he actually said, and the extended clip didn't make it any better in my opinion, it made it even more laughable. Of all the things to get upset about after that travesty of a performance, people quoting an actual thing he said after the match isn't it.
Tell that to the preceding 50 posters in this thread.

We could set a record with the number of 'I told you so' with the posters who defended him last season.

It's alarming that a good portion of our fans wanted him to stay because they thought he'd succeed.

The same fans who witnessed SAF's greatness. How does our fanbase not have the ability to recognize what a good/great manager is when we witnessed the greatest ever?

I swear I think this mentality seeps into the board too(new and old). We always sack a manager way too late. Every single time without fail post-SAF.

ETH should have been sacked at least 5 times by now. He has been pound-for-pound the worst manager in the top 5 leagues since that league cup final considering the players/support he has at his disposal. And he takes the piss out of the fanbase with his quotes on why Mazraoui played as a #10 today.

The standards are just non-existent anymore.
And a lot of those fans still say "I'm tired of all the chopping and changing." Absolutely delusional. United are the opposite of chopping and changing.

We could set a record with the number of 'I told you so' with the posters who defended him last season.

It's alarming that a good portion of our fans wanted him to stay because they thought he'd succeed.

The same fans who witnessed SAF's greatness. How does our fanbase not have the ability to recognize what a good/great manager is when we witnessed the greatest ever?

I swear I think this mentality seeps into the board too(new and old). We always sack a manager way too late. Every single time without fail post-SAF.

ETH should have been sacked at least 5 times by now. He has been pound-for-pound the worst manager in the top 5 leagues since that league cup final considering the players/support he has at his disposal. And he takes the piss out of the fanbase with his quotes on why Mazraoui played as a #10 today.

The standards are just non-existent anymore.

It’s not alarming, that’s ridiculous. The fans don’t pick the manager. The club hierarchy should make these decisions regardless of what the fans think, that’s what they’re there to do. Fans are highly emotional, hence the yo-yo’ing of the vote here depending on the result. Every time we play the emotions come out, and it comes through in your post too even though you’re mostly correct. Fans wanted him to stay because we won the FA cup. 100% emotional reaction.

So no it’s not alarming at all, what’s alarming is INEOS sitting on their hands during all this. They should be detached and able to make cold and logical decisions over what’s best for the football club. So either they’re unsure whether to stick or twist right now, or they actually do feel he’s doing a good enough job. Both are pretty concerning.

We need to be smart about our next appointment. We want to build a bigger stadium and clearly INEOS are also conscious about our spending.

We can’t afford long term successive seasons outside the CL and performing terribly against second fiddle European sides while playing brutal football. The mediocrity over the past year is becoming weirdly accepted and reacted to with a shrug. We’re sleepwalking into being perpetually midtable and soon your average young fan will be someone who has never seen us being a contender for a big trophy.

Rather than talking about winning the league in 2026 when we can barely beat Brentford and some terrible Turkish team, we should be focusing on how to consistently be in CL, play good football, and be financially solid while we build our new stadium. The landscape has changed a lot since the last few Wenger years at Arsenal, but I’d take a few years of that over whatever we’ve been doing over the past few years.

And a lot of those fans still say "I'm tired of all the chopping and changing." Absolutely delusional. United are the opposite of chopping and changing.
Our fans: "I'm tired of all the chopping and changing"

Also our fans: "Sell and replace the entire squad, they're letting the manager down!"

I don’t think that is the case at all because you would just keep dropping in the league and out of competitions. If that keeps happening, he will be gone.
But then the question is why have we allowed it to come to that? Surely competent people could see that coming and change something? Even if they have an ambitious target they can't get until the end of the season, the chance with a new manager bounce with an interim shouldn't be ignored.

I started to support the opposition about a month ago.

I care about United more long term than short term.

It's the only way Ten Hag will leave.

Playing Mazaroui has to be pisstake surely. He is daring the board to sack him. All he needed to do today was to play Eriksen at 10 and play Ugarte and Casemiro in Central midfield. Or Play Amad or Zirkzee there.

He mentions how Antony deserves a chance due to his training performance but fails to mention how Zirkzee who is serving trash is getting a start while likes of Amad hasnt seen a single minute in last 3 games.

At this point is better to get rid because his team management would lead to more discontent and results most likely wont improve

Our standards are different now. We are a mid table team. Doesn’t make Ten Hag’s comments valid but the reality is that we are average and are hoping our storied legacy keeps the cash flowing.

The real losers in this entire debacle are us fans.

Last night was such a turning point for me that I finally changed my vote. A proper Man United manager CANNOT be starting be a fullback as a ten when you have a young talent, perfectly capable of performing just as well in said position, sitting on the bench.