Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feel the need to preface all comments by saying that a lot of the players are nowhere near good enough. That said, there is no future for a manager who looked at that collection of players and picked that team. Mazraoui as the 10 was a farcical decision.

Ten Hag is far from the only problem but it often feels like he is harmful to the team rather than helpful.

The funny thing is: I doubt any clubs have full stop, whether they're midtable, elite etc. The reality is, we've looked fairly shite since we won the LC in Feb 2023.

Yeah you can open it up to managers of any club regardless of size.

Has anyone ever been this bad for this long and survived? In modern times? I can't think of any. It's been 18 months of awful results and even worse performances.

The frustration too is that as things stand our season isn't actually ruined yet. We're currently 6 points off the top 4, we've a favourable fixture in the next round of the LC and the rest of the draw has basically all our main rivals playing each other, and even though we haven't won yet in Europe the new format makes it almost impossible to not qualify and we have got the two hardest fixtures out the way. If we sacked him now the season would still be salvagable.

But you just know they'll wait until we're about 15 points off the top 4 and out of Europe and the season completely ruined before they sack him.

It can only be a financial reason as to why he’s not already been sacked. It’s the only thing that makes any sense. Ineos have clearly come into the shit show that Ed left and are cutting costs left, right and centre because we’re about to massively fall below FFP stipulations!

I feel like he doesn't like midfielders who pass the ball or attackers that score. Weird manager.

Spent hundreds of millions on attacking players and not one of the permentant signings have ever scored 15 goals in a top league.

We could set a record with the number of 'I told you so' with the posters who defended him last season.

It's alarming that a good portion of our fans wanted him to stay because they thought he'd succeed.

The same fans who witnessed SAF's greatness. How does our fanbase not have the ability to recognize what a good/great manager is when we witnessed the greatest ever?

I swear I think this mentality seeps into the board too(new and old). We always sack a manager way too late. Every single time without fail post-SAF.

ETH should have been sacked at least 5 times by now. He has been pound-for-pound the worst manager in the top 5 leagues since that league cup final considering the players/support he has at his disposal. And he takes the piss out of the fanbase with his quotes on why Mazraoui played as a #10 today.

The standards are just non-existent anymore.

Considering money spent it's been so poor for more than a year now. Well done on the Fa Cup but that was 2 great wins against Liverpool and City among so many other bad results.

Looking at our schedule over next weeks we'll probably lose to West Ham and Chelsea while beating Leicester, Paok and perhaps Ipswich. Though I'm not sure we can take more defeats so West Ham and Chelsea become crucial for him.

The guy knows he can't fix this, he just wants his payoff. Such a pity he has left the club with Antony, Mount, Zirkzee etc. Sabotage.

Reached a point where I don't give a feck about the results anymore. If it takes 10 consecutive losses to get this tosser out then so be it. Season is a write off anyway.

The fact he is happy with a draw here is reason enough to put him out of his misery,, never mind sacking him.

It's a shame it's us, but he has no where to hide now, and has been allowed to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that he is a crap manager.

Ineos clearly favour humilating him over paying him off.

Considering money spent it's been so poor for more than a year now. Well done on the Fa Cup but that was 2 great wins against Liverpool and City among so many other bad results.

Looking at our schedule over next weeks we'll probably lose to West Ham and Chelsea while beating Leicester, Paok and perhaps Ipswich. Though I'm not sure we can take more defeats so West Ham and Chelsea become crucial for him.
We will just accept defeats to West Ham and Chelsea like nothing happened (I actually think we will probably pick up some point in these games though). Then we will grind out home wins v Leicester and Ipswich and it will be yet another corner turned. Rinse and repeat. Just look at the reaction to Brentford game.

Agreed, but it happened! And now a lot of those same people want him out even though we're playing exactly the same way. The way that was good enough for them to back him. I don't see what's changed.

Indeed.

Nothing has changed. He’s just another manager who’s been given a chance at an elite club, and isn’t good enough. No shame in it, most (as per all walks of life) won’t be, but how he’s still in a job is amazing.

The chaos at the club with the takeover arguably saved him in the summer but the longer he’s here, the worse it reflects on the “best in class” football structure the club have spent tens of millions assembling.

Reached a point where I don't give a feck about the results anymore. If it takes 10 consecutive losses to get this tosser out then so be it. Season is a write off anyway.
Hate that I feel this every 3rd season at this point.

Think I'm done after tonight. Just going to check in on scores and wait for him to be sacked. Every time I watch I just get mad, and I don't want to have to actively cheer for a loss.

But hey shout out to every cnut that wrote a long winded dissertation on why he should be kept off the back of a single scrappy performance in a domestic cup final (that we were also lucky in). Good stuff lads, glad we punted another year after spanking 200m again

So many of his supporters do it. :lol:

He’s a fecking terrible manager. It’s an utter joke now. INEOS and their elite management team are failing spectacularly at the first hurdle.

The majority of fans wanted him to stay in the summer and the club decided to stick with him and in fact double down by getting in even more of his people. I didn't agree with this because I thought his performance as manager last season was mostly absolutely fecking terrible and was fully confident that this would continue but given the view inside and outside of the club in the summer was to keep him then it would be pretty knee-jerk if those views had changed so soon.

If around February we don't look like we're going to at least qualify for the Conference League then we can reassess but you can't back the manager in the summer and then completely change your mind on that 2 months in to a new season.

1 win in 7 competitive games
3 wins in 8 league games - 1 against a newly promoted team and the others against last seasons 13th and 16th best teams in the league respectively
1 win in 11 games in Europe
0 away wins in Europe in 19 months...and counting
7 wins in the last 22 league games

I just don’t get it. Why aren’t the club acting? What are we waiting for? I can’t work out what the plan is on the pitch and off it, I’m not sure what is going on either. With each passing game, the season is being written off, if it’s not totally gone already, and the club are seemingly waiting, as if credible draws at Villa and Porto are the new norm and the standard of the football club. Do we have to wait for another Tottenham?

1 win in 7 competitive games
3 wins in 8 league games - 1 against a newly promoted team and the others against last seasons 13th and 16th best teams in the league respectively
1 win in 11 games in Europe
0 away wins in Europe in 19 months...and counting
7 wins in the last 22 league games

I just don’t get it. Why aren’t the club acting? What are we waiting for? I can’t work out what the plan is on the pitch and off it, I’m not sure what is going on either. With each passing game, the season is being written off, if it’s not totally gone already, and the club are seemingly waiting, as if credible draws at Villa and Porto are the new norm and the standard of the football club. Do we have to wait for another Tottenham?

They're not acting because they're a bunch of ego maniacs who can't be seen to have made an incredibly disastrous decision in the summer. That's the way I see it now. It's like the father who pushes his son to play football despite not having an interest, for his own ego. ETH probably wants to be sacked, but they're not having it.

The majority of fans wanted him to stay in the summer and the club decided to stick with him and in fact double down by getting in even more of his people. I didn't agree with this because I thought his performance as manager last season was mostly absolutely fecking terrible and was fully confident that this would continue but given the view inside and outside of the club in the summer was to keep him then it would be pretty knee-jerk if those views had changed so soon.

If around February we don't look like we're going to at least qualify for the Conference League then we can reassess but you can't back the manager in the summer and then completely change your mind on that 2 months in to a new season.

I'm not sure that's true at all. There was a silent majority.

"We're a team that's hard to beat". Brother, do you understand which club you're managing?

It can only be a financial reason as to why he’s not already been sacked. It’s the only thing that makes any sense. Ineos have clearly come into the shit show that Ed left and are cutting costs left, right and centre because we’re about to massively fall below FFP stipulations!

Then they shouldn't have extended his contract to make it more expensive to pay him off.

I want him out as much as the next person, but the shit that’s been linked from Twitter is taken out of context to make it seem far worse than what he actually said.

Either post it all in it’s entirety, or don’t post it at all.

Oh, he's actually serious. Incredible.

"We created the chances to win, we let the opponent get away with a point.'

I can only imagine he is talking about the half chance for Rashford where Dalot played the wrong ball.

Totally ignoring Ugarte stopping a certain goal and Onana with the double save of his life.

"We're a team that's hard to beat". Brother, do you understand which club you're managing?

It's even funnier when you consider the fact that we're actually pretty easy to beat. We get humped badly by teams on the regular.

I want him out as much as the next person, but the shit that’s been linked from Twitter is taken out of context to make it seem far worse than what he actually said.

Either post it all in it’s entirety, or don’t post it at all.

What are you on about? The quote is its entirety is still absolutely laughable. He's a joke.