Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ten Hag should have been sacked last season but this season he should have been put out of his misery after getting outplayed by Liverpool at Old Trafford. That was the final straw. What have we seen since then to suggest a change or improvement? Basically nothing. If we had any other manager since then we would have done as well or better.

He's ruined us and set us back years. It's such a long way back now even when he finally goes. The squad is dross.

We were so happy to reach the Europa league..
The Conference would have been much closer to our level. Even we would be able to get 3 points against Larne, St Gallen, Omonia, Backa topola
Sat here half asleep, genuinely thought you'd started typing out Harry Potter spells for a moment. But I do think you're overestimating Ten Hag - still think we'd struggle in the Conference league

A few weeks ago, 100% agreement. Now? Who the feck knows. They've let the club sink and sink deeper into the abyss. How low they'll let us sink is anyone's guess.
I wasn’t completely expecting them to after Villa. I didn’t think any PL club has sacked anyone yet. I think a few of them will come in November/December. That’s when we seem to generally do it too

Yes, but 99.9999999% of people can see the absolute state we're in. If the owners think this is remotely acceptable, then as I said, we're truly fecked and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.
I somewhat agree! The only thing I disagree with is the percentage you wrote. There are still a lot of people backing him, and if we beat West Ham that number will grow, too. We've seen how reactionary our fanbase is.

I also think the owners think this acceptable now. Once they get fully settled in to the club, you'd expect the standards set to naturally rise.

They can’t be happy with this. The results are poor but the performances and lack of a style of play is laughable

It’s just sad. Even when we win it’s a shitty 90 minute grind fest

How this guy doesn’t get booed at old Trafford is beyond me. We really do have the most passive fans in the world.

We don't do that around 'ere mate. We're better than that.

Might have us sitting in 12th place in the league, in relegation form for almost 2 years, consistently getting battered by every good AND crap team that comes to Old Trafford, conceding 3+ goals more than any other manager we've had, absolutely bottoming out in the Ropey League, serving up the worst start to a Premier League campaign, etc etc etc but I'll be dammed if I have the Stretty booing a manager!!

That'll make us look STUPID!!

We've never felt more of a mid table side than we do right now.

We have become so used to failure, so used to not winning. It should hurt Utd fans and players every time we play a match and don't win, and yet now it's absolutely expected. In fact I think we now set out for that, we play to not lose.

It goes against everything a Utd manager should be about. We draw games against utter shite sides and ETH is on the sidelines delighted.

Kobbie plays like he's 40 now, Amad back in the doghouse, Garnacho looks to have plateaued and he will probably make Yoro look like Titus Bramble. Hard to get excited even with the talented young players under Ten Hag.

I somewhat agree! The only thing I disagree with is the percentage you wrote. There are still a lot of people backing him, and if we beat West Ham that number will grow, too. We've seen how reactionary our fanbase is.

I also think the owners think this acceptable now. Once they get fully settled in to the club, you'd expect the standards set to naturally rise.

He has few backers left, and the majority of the general footballing world see us as a complete joke. But yeah, there will always be the contrarians.

On your second paragraph: I really hope standards rise. But, if this is acceptable - even early in their reign - then it doesn't inspire much confidence.

Call me whatever you want but I find nothing more insufferable than the “support the club, back the manager no matter what” crowd
Would understand if it was an amateur manager in a volunteer or low paid capacity but this is a man who is paid nearly £20,000 every single day to fail completely and utterly at his job brief.

Possibly. A match going fan on here posted recently that there are pockets of discontent at OT, but it would take something far bigger than that.

I’m a rather match goer this won’t happen.

I could be wrong but OT turning on him is how it could fast track his firing otherwise, publicly, as long as it seems the fans aren't against him, Ineos won't be under pressure to pull the trigger

He has few backers left, and the majority of the general footballing world see us as a complete joke. But yeah, there will always be the contrarians.

On your second paragraph: I really hope standards rise. But, if this is acceptable - even early in their reign - then it doesn't inspire much confidence.
Few backers online that's true. But the match going fans are either backing him or just don't want to express their thoughts clearly in match days. It's a United thing, idk.

Has any relatively big club ever stuck with a manager for this long who was so blatantly failing?

I can't think of any. He could have been sacked about a year ago and not had many complaints. It's absurd he's still here. You can just tell other fans are delighted and baffled that he's still the manager. I bet they can't believe their luck.

What I’ve been saying for a while. The way he’s played our entire board, supposedly experienced, seasoned veterans, is nothing short of magnificent. For this I actually admire him, very few people are capable of this and no managers that I know of have ever done this.

You're right. He's like Gríma Wormtongue from Lord Of The Rings. Seducing the king, controlling his thoughts. Only in this case the king is Radcliffe.

It’s also damning that a midfield that we deemed not good enough arguably had the upper hand and a manager that we sacked and known for negative, reactive football ended up playing better football than Ten Hag tonight.

“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela

“To be, or not to be, that is the question.” – William Shakespeare

“Imagination is more important than knowledge.” – Albert Einstein

"Hectic ambience." -- Erik Ten Hag

Has any relatively big club ever stuck with a manager for this long who was so blatantly failing?

I can't think of any. He could have been sacked about a year ago and not had many complaints. It's absurd he's still here. You can just tell other fans are delighted and baffled that he's still the manager. I bet they can't believe their luck.

The funny thing is: I doubt any clubs have full stop, whether they're midtable, elite etc. The reality is, we've looked fairly shite since we won the LC in Feb 2023.

Fecking Burnley would’ve sacked him by now.