Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, in the context of the conversation it means nothing. Questions: Does ETH merit being sacked? Obviously yes. Does INEOS not sacking him mean he doesn't merit being sacked? No, obviously not. Is it extremely worrying that INEOS don't find the last 18 odd month sack worthy? Yes, obvioulsy.

It's certainly extinguished a lot of hope that I had with INEOS.

How they can sit there and watch us every game and not think he should be sacked is at this point just gross negligence. It's like they know sacking him so soon after giving him a new contract is a bit embarrassing, so even though it's the right thing to do for the Club they don't want to admit it.

They're willing for us to completely trash a season to avoid looking a bit silly.

How else can you explain the fact that ten Hag is as comfortable as can be here? All of our previous managers this past decade were sacked for much less. It's different now.
Because of the new management/owner. As I said before , Glazers would have launched him last season. This lot are different and they seem to try reaching decisions collectively, and thete appears to be a lack of consensus on sacking him. I am certain Ratcliffe would like him out.

It genuinely feels like every shit draw or scraped win gives him another few months in charge. I can't imagine us sacking him now, when just a couple of weeks ago it seemed so inevitable.

It's certainly extinguished a lot of hope that I had with INEOS.

How they can sit there and watch us every game and not think he should be sacked is at this point just gross negligence. It's like they know sacking him so soon after giving him a new contract is a bit embarrassing, so even though it's the right thing to do for the Club they don't want to admit it.

They're willing for us to completely trash a season to avoid looking a bit silly.

We're an absolute dumpster fire. The INEOS situation is so worrying, given they're barely in the door but yet they've raised a tonne of red flags already.

They probably find them good enough, hence why he’s so confident and keeps talking about how successful he’s been and how everything is going according to the plan. He’s got them where he wants them.

He's like some sort of wizard, just not in the sense that he can get results.

I actually admire those of you who have the capacity to reset and treat every match anew; for me, we've just been pissing the season away from the moment it was clear he should be sacked and every subsequent match is just a contribution to the writing off of yet another season.

I don't know how you're not numb, or, if you are surprised per game, how that is possible.

This job is so far beyond him it's not even worth remonstrating about by now. It's absolutely alarming that those who are supposed to be coming in to fix everything are contributing willfully to biggest capitulation I have seen whilst supporting this club. You absolutely cannot compare this to any placing of Fergie's when fixing the inner workings - this is a manager unravelling the fabric of what we are at every turn, getting worse and worse and worse, and being allowed to do so.

We're an absolute shambles and if this continues for the whole season, young talent here will be within their right to want out.

100% in agreement. I’ve lost interest in the club. I was expecting him to be sacked in the international break and it didn’t happen. I don’t understand what is the trigger point but United fans need to put the pressure on now to get him sacked. This can’t continue..

I actually admire those of you who have the capacity to reset and treat every match anew; for me, we've just been pissing the season away from the moment it was clear he should be sacked and every subsequent match is just a contribution to the writing off of yet another season.

I don't know how you're not numb, or, if you are surprised per game, how that is possible.

This job is so far beyond him it's not even worth remonstrating about by now. It's absolutely alarming that those who are supposed to be coming in to fix everything are contributing willfully to biggest capitulation I have seen whilst supporting this club. You absolutely cannot compare this to any placing of Fergie's when fixing the inner workings - this is a manager unravelling the fabric of what we are at every turn, getting worse and worse and worse, and being allowed to do so.

We're an absolute shambles and if this continues for the whole season, young talent here will be within their right to want out.

Have been there since not long after the Liverpool 7-0 in his first season. Nothing about his approach to the game has ever made sense or looked like creating the football needed to take Utd where they need to be. It is shocking to me that the club is this abysmally run that the excuses last season around injuries and the glazers had people overlooking just how absurdly inept his management of the team was.

An affront to natural justice that he is still in a job, other managers who have been sacked must be looking at him with disbelief. Useless but lucky at the right times, just enough to draw out this travesty.

We were so happy to reach the Europa league..
The Conference would have been much closer to our level. Even we would be able to get 3 points against Larne, St Gallen, Omonia, Backa topola

No, in the context of the conversation it means nothing. Questions: Does ETH merit being sacked? Obviously yes. Does INEOS not sacking him mean he doesn't merit being sacked? No, obviously not. Is it extremely worrying that INEOS don't find the last 18 odd month sack worthy? Yes, obvioulsy.
Erik ten Hag only merits being sacked if he's failing to meet the expectations set of him.

To us fans, he is failing, but we don't matter. To the board who apparently have lower standards, he's seemingly meeting the expectations set, so he's justifiably keeping his position.

I can understand keeping him just because most of our players are now his own, it’s Ten Hag’s squad. We obviously haven’t gotten the results or performances this season, though. I can’t see how he can last until after Christmas if we keep going down this same path.
Most of the players he has brought ars shit, lets be honest. His most expensive doesn't even get a game.

This season is a free hit for them. All the blame can go on ETH when they do pull the trigger and they’ll justify it because he was the previous regimes choice.

We can only hope that whoever they have in mind is worth tanking the season over.

How this guy doesn’t get booed at old Trafford is beyond me. We really do have the most passive fans in the world.

Erik ten Hag only merits being sacked if he's failing to meet the expectations set of him.

To us fans, he is failing, but we don't matter. To the board who apparently have lower standards, he's seemingly meeting the expectations set, so he's justifiably keeping his position.

This is such a weird interaction. We clearly have very different interpretations of the word merit. Does ETH merit being sacked as the manager of Manchester United? Yes, several times over. That's it really. If our owners are incompetent idiots then we're absolutely fecked.

This season is a free hit for them. All the blame can go on ETH when they do pull the trigger and they’ll justify it because he was the previous regimes choice.

We can only hope that whoever they have in mind is worth tanking the season over.

Nah it really isn't.

If they think that, then that is very worrying indeed.

I have no idea when he will be sacked now. It feels like we'd have to go on a long losing streak for it to happen? Even a couple of losses followed by a draw seems like it will keep this dragging on.

I have no idea when he will be sacked now. It feels like we'd have to go on a long losing streak for it to happen? Even a couple of losses followed by a draw seems like it will keep this dragging on.

When he survived the recent international break it made me question what it will take now. I was certain he'd be sacked after the Villa game but now? feck knows.

Standards are so low, it might take us losing 4 or 5 in a row.

This is such a weird interaction. We clearly have very different interpretations of the word merit. Does ETH merit being sacked as the manager of Manchester United? Yes, several times over. That's it really. If our owners are incompetent idiots then we're absolutely fecked.
I'm agreeing with you. I would have sacked ten Hag a long time ago. It's the board that don't think these performances merit a sacking, and that's unfortunately what matters. If they did, there would be at least some pressure on him, but he's seemingly as comfortable as can be so he must be meeting their expectations in what they want in a manager right now.

I honestly think it would take 4 or 5 defeats on the bounce. A few defeats that are broken up by a jammy win or scraping a draw seems to be good enough for him to keep his job.

He's like some sort of wizard, just not in the sense that he can get results.
What I’ve been saying for a while. The way he’s played our entire board, supposedly experienced, seasoned veterans, is nothing short of magnificent. For this I actually admire him, very few people are capable of this and no managers that I know of have ever done this.

100% this
It’s only getting worse with every game he’s still manager.
No emerging talent is going to want to be destroyed on this hill

I honestly think it would take 4 or 5 defeats on the bounce. A few defeats that are broken up by a jammy win or scraping a draw seems to be good enough for him to keep his job.
Or Maybe OT seriously booing and turning on him ? So far he's been shielding, the petitions have given the impression he is actually loved.

I'm agreeing with you. I would have sacked ten Hag a long time ago. It's the board that don't think these performances merit a sacking, and that's unfortunately what matters. If they did, there would be at least some pressure on him, but he's seemingly as comfortable as can be so he must be meeting their expectations if what they want in a manager right now.

Yes, but 99.9999999% of people can see the absolute state we're in. If the owners think this is remotely acceptable, then as I said, we're truly fecked and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Or Maybe OT seriously booing and turning on him ? So far he's been shielding, the petitions have given the impression he is actually loved.

Possibly. A match going fan on here posted recently that there are pockets of discontent at OT, but it would take something far bigger than that.