Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
It merited being sacked a few years ago.

Now? With how far our standards have fallen? This form is acceptable. Winning 7 out of 22 is brilliant nowadays. The board won't be worried until it's maybe 2 or 3 wins out of 22.

Well it does merit being sacked. I mean, he should have been sacked in the summer but this is now absolutely farcical.

INEOS not sacking him and having our standards in the depths of hell, is an entirely separate issue.

And his fecking ego around his trophies. Last season was about 5 CM from being the most humiliating season that any major club has had this generation.
It drives me mad. How can you sit there and point at cup wins when the team is this awful.

That’s because we are not chasing a winner. We’ve accepted mediocrity and are content with it. Draw at Fenerbahce is a good result by ten Hag’s standards (which are going to drop even further in the upcoming seasons).

This is my thinking too.

Especially away games, I think he's now decided to just try and get a point from every away game because that is apparently acceptable now.

If he's here much longer we'll have him celebrating avoiding defeat at home to Ipswich and Luton etc.

Stop trolling please.
It's true. There's zero pressure on ten Hag. It's like when @Sarni tries to tell everyone, gets called a troll, but ten Hag is still here and living comfortably.

Well it does merit being sacked. I mean, he should have been sacked in the summer but this is now absolutely farcical.

INEOS not sacking him and having our standards in the depths of hell, is an entirely separate issue.
It merits sacking him to us, and our previous board. Not to this one, though. Everything we're seeing indicates they're fine with it at the moment.

I swear I’m not lying when I say I don’t think I’ll be that bothered if we finish 12th in the league and go out of Europe soon. I want to be angry but I just can’t. What’s going on? What this manager has done to me? I’m completely baffled where this has taken us now. How?

Beginning of the season I said mid/end of October we'll have all our eggs in the basket of the EL to get CL next season. I now think we'll do well to get to the QF of the EL and be in the same competition next season with this guy in charge.

Utd showed on Sat for 10-15mins what they are capable of. When they played with some urgency and belief at the start of the second half, the mighty Brentford couldn’t live with them. Once we took the lead the mindset seemed to change and the team reverted to serving up the dross we witnessed tonight in Turkey.
The fault for this has to lie with ETH. The team is playing with same intensity as a drunk panda.

I want him gone... I'm just tired now. Not even angry or disappointed, just tired of watching us play under his management.

I swear I’m not lying when I say I don’t think I’ll be that bothered if we finish 12th in the league and go out of Europe soon. I want to be angry but I just can’t. What’s going on? What this manager has done to me? I’m completely baffled where this has taken us now. How?
I'm with you. I just switch off now.

Our board do, which is why there's zero pressure on ten Hag.
So you actually think our upper management finds the results great? It's obvious to everyone , it's beyond unsatisfactory. However they made their bed in the summer and now don't want to appear reactionary.

It merits sacking him to us, and our previous board. Not to this one, though. Everything we're seeing indicates they're fine with it at the moment.

You have just reiterated my point. They're two separate issues. Of course he should have been sacked by now. And yes, INEOS somehow find this acceptable. They're two separate points that shouldn't be conflated.

Well no, because he clearly merits being sacked. Just because INEOS seem to disagree, doesn't mean feck all.
It means everything as they're the ones in charge. What they deem as acceptable is the standard by default. Erik ten Hag is apparently meeting that standard which is why there's no pressure on him.

So you actually think our upper management finds the results great? It's obvious to everyone , it's beyond unsatisfactory. However they made their bed in the summer and now don't want to appear reactionary.
They do appear worse by keeping him which makes me think they're actually content with him. They don't give a shit

I actually admire those of you who have the capacity to reset and treat every match anew; for me, we've just been pissing the season away from the moment it was clear he should be sacked and every subsequent match is just a contribution to the writing off of yet another season.

I don't know how you're not numb, or, if you are surprised per game, how that is possible.

This job is so far beyond him it's not even worth remonstrating about by now. It's absolutely alarming that those who are supposed to be coming in to fix everything are contributing willfully to biggest capitulation I have seen whilst supporting this club. You absolutely cannot compare this to any placing of Fergie's when fixing the inner workings - this is a manager unravelling the fabric of what we are at every turn, getting worse and worse and worse, and being allowed to do so.

We're an absolute shambles and if this continues for the whole season, young talent here will be within their right to want out.

How else can you explain the fact that ten Hag is as comfortable as can be here? All of our previous managers this past decade were sacked for much less. It's different now.

It means everything as they're the ones in charge. What they deem as acceptable is the standard by default. Erik ten Hag is apparently meeting that standard which is why there's no pressure on him.

No, in the context of the conversation it means nothing. Questions: Does ETH merit being sacked? Obviously yes. Does INEOS not sacking him mean he doesn't merit being sacked? No, obviously not. Is it extremely worrying that INEOS don't find the last 18 odd month sack worthy? Yes, obvioulsy.

They probably find them good enough, hence why he’s so confident and keeps talking about how successful he’s been and how everything is going according to the plan. He’s got them where he wants them.

Old Trafford needs to turn on him if anything is going to happen. It won't happen, but any big club like real Madrid would have driven him out months ago.

I can understand keeping him just because most of our players are now his own, it’s Ten Hag’s squad. We obviously haven’t gotten the results or performances this season, though. I can’t see how he can last until after Christmas if we keep going down this same path.