Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tomorrow morning, we live in hope.

breaking-news.jpg
Cheese and beans and chewna please.

For me it's simple.

As seen with his transfers of his own ex team & league players - he clearly struggles to see the weaknesses and strengths of his own players when directly coaching them.

If he can't see the strengths and weaknesses of his players individually then getting him to build a cohesive team is going to be near impossible.

The window of opportunity to salvage the season is still open but it will be closing soon. Six points to top 5 and CL and five to EL after nine games is manageable, but 12 points after 18 games won’t be. Obviously the latter scenario would involve ten Hag, the former would not.

35 points are usually required to avoid relegation. 11 points in 9 games. If we assume pure mathematics then we are on the edge of relegation.

Think he’s gone if he doesn’t win the next 2 games. Excuses are running out, he can’t fix the midfield, which has been an issue throughout his tenure.
He is playing Leicester in the league cup next game. A win and it will all be forgiven.

35 points are usually required to avoid relegation. 11 points in 9 games. If we assume pure mathematics then we are on the edge of relegation.
Based on pure mathematics we are well beyond that mark

He can blame luck but good team should've sealed the match in the first 30 minutes. West Ham was terrible, United made they looked good. Bad referee or not that should never happened

He can blame luck but good team should've sealed the match in the first 30 minutes. West Ham was terrible, United made they looked good. Bad referee or not that should never happened
After 2 years it is not luck anymore. All down to the manager

Zero noise about sacking. Either we became excellent in keeping things in secret or INEOS still believe in him.

They don't believe in him. They just don't have a plan and/or don't have as much of a say as we're lead to believe and need Joel sign-off.
They branded their takeover as having 100% control of the football side so it won't be the latter. They have just made terrible decisions so far.

What did we turn around last season?
Luke Shaw

We took him from permanently injured to ready to play for England for the summer

Now he’s played for England, he’s permanently injured again. But if we work hard maybe we can get him fit for Englands summer internationals again

How much longer does this actually have to go on for, INEOS had two really good opportunities to put ETH out of his misery already the end of last season and the most recent international break. And they choose not to and here we are in the wake of yet another poor defeat coupled to a dismal second half.

ETH is probably using the excuse of a dodgy penalty decision and poor finishing ignoring that west ham missed there own selection of good chances aswell, but from the outside looking in it appears INEOS are lapping the excuses up, that alongside some coaching buzzwords to make himself sound intelligent seems to be doing the job for him.

It's really is becoming a massive chore watching and supporting ETH's team, surely INEOS see that?

Worst manager across Europe's top 5 leagues.

But at this point, the board is to blame. He should have been sacked numerous times by now. They will wait until it's too late and another season will be wasted.

I fear it'll be a very long time until we challenge for the Prem again.
Coming into the last international break on October 7th, we had fans saying he should be given until Christmas/end of the season even though they want him to leave.

We have fans that are scared of change, aren’t willing to accept reality or live in just pure hope with nothing tangible to back it up. If the fans aren’t willing to hold people accountable then this is what you get. He won’t go anywhere until the fans demand it.

If you want a slight smile today. Type “ten hag blames” into Google and then click “news”

It’s interesting

In the last couple of weeks alone he’s blamed officials, players, injuries, luck, financial restrictions, the media, the schedule…

That was our 7th injury time PL defeat today under ETH. In the 21 years before he joined it only happened twice.

Last minute winners conceded in PL History:

06/07 – Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd (Thierry Henry 90+3 – 21/01/07)

19/20 - Man Utd 1-2 Crystal Palace (Patrick van Aanholt 90+3 - 24/08/19)

TEN HAG ARRIVES:

22/23 - Arsenal 3-2 Man Utd (Eddie Nketiah 90th min - 22/01/23)

22/23 - Brighton 1-0 Man Utd (Alexix McAllister 90+9 - 04/05/23)

23/24 - Arsenal 3-1 Man Utd (Declan Rice 90+6 - 03/11/23)

23/24 - Man Utd 1-2 Fulham (Alex Iwobi 90+7 - 24/02/24)

23/24 - Chelsea 4-3 Man Utd (Cole Palmer 90+11 – 04/04/24)

24/25 - Brighton 2-1 Man Utd (Joao Pedro 90+5 - 24/08/24)

24/25 - West Ham 2-1 Man Utd (Bowen 90+2 - 27/10/24)

It’s levels of shit I genuinely didn’t think was possible.

Ten Hag Time!

Zero noise about sacking. Either we became excellent in keeping things in secret or INEOS still believe in him.
He’s under no threat of losing the job. We trust him and we believe it will click.

He’s finishing this season with us, my friends. Probably starting the next one as well. He’s got our board fully under his control.

The thing I don't get is if we change from a "customary" 3 years then what do we move to? 5 years? 10?

What if we don't hire the right manager twice in a row, we just have to be rubbish for 20 years.

It really doesn't make sense.
Imagine seeing a manager make your team a laughing stock over three seasons and then saying we should give them more time? He could relegate us and some would say he needs more time.

Think he’s gone if he doesn’t win the next 2 games. Excuses are running out, he can’t fix the midfield, which has been an issue throughout his tenure.
This chat again. Throw 6 points in the bin because why? He should have gone last season, he’s still here, we’re still losing points at an alarming rate. Stop the rot today, get him out let someone else take the next two games.

The standards at this club have never been lower that its actually hard to see a near future with us competing back for the top four let alone challenging for titles again.

INEOS screwed themselves, fans are also as much to blame for the massive u-turn because a one off result. Those same fans could also speed this process up by creating a hostile atmosphere rather than cheering on mediocrity.

Neville speaking on his podcast, says ETH ‘can’t’ lose against Chelsea or he’s done, essentially. Even his language is changing lately, you can tell he wants him out too.

Yeah because a loss to Chelsea will be the straw that break the camels back.

These clowns acting like his perfromances have only been sack worthy in the last month or two. The club could have sacked him at any point in the last 10-11 months and he could have had little complaints.

Pure gut feeling but I think they have post-Chelsea in mind. Then it’ll be November when managerial changes start to happen

Knowing United under Erik though, he will pull off a miraculous win out of nowhere just to keep this torture going

Heh, you got me heh. It was meant to be singing (blame butterfingers), but starting to consider sign language as a necessitated comms channel for him to get the point.

Heh!

He probably only speaks in broken sign language as well.

We were unlucky yesterday but you create your own luck, and when your tactics involve getting your fullbacks to go through 1-1 with the keeper, or playing your fullbacks as a 10, your luck is most likely going to shit the bed. There’s a reason you spend loads of money on forwards and there’s a reason fullbacks play in defence.

Yeah because a loss to Chelsea will be the straw that break the camels back.

These clowns acting like his perfromances have only been sack worthy in the last month or two. The club could have sacked him at any point in the last 10-11 months and he could have had little complaints.
But he needs to be given two games to save his job.

I’m fine if he gets sacked. But I’m also fed up of constantly laying the blame at the door of each manager that steps up to the job when the same issues keep resurfacing. At some point you have to stick with one of them for longer than the customary 2-3 years to see if anything else can be changed.

I don't see how trying to stay positive for once makes anyone anti United or a troll.

Why? What would that achieve?

Shouldn't we only stick with one for longer than 2-3 years when they don't fail at their job?

If you want a slight smile today. Type “ten hag blames” into Google and then click “news”

It’s interesting

In the last couple of weeks alone he’s blamed officials, players, injuries, luck, financial restrictions, the media, the schedule…
Has he ever blamed himself?

He has to be one of the worst in game managers I've ever seen.

If the opposition ever change their approach within a game we're often totally fecked... Well more fecked then we normally are
I saw that, they dominated us with their subs in the 2nd half, he had no answer to it and even then he still had the chance to rejig it a bit, or anything, he is just clueless

Has he ever blamed himself?
Closest he got was blaming the “staff” for injured players not returning quickly enough. Which could include himself
I saw that, they dominated us with their subs in the 2nd half, he had no answer to it and even then he still had the chance to rejig it a bit, or anything, he is just clueless
We’re waiting on you and @Dan mate

I’ve not really bothered looking at the table due how awful we’ve been. I did yesterday evening, and to actually see us in 14th, how can anyone not be embarrassed and ready for a change? I keep saying it, we’re going nowhere good under Ten Hag.

He’s been given such backing and time, but he simply doesn’t deserve any more.

Thankfully for us he refuses to count this as a loss due to the contentious nature of the penalty.

I’ve not really bothered looking at the table due how awful we’ve been. I did yesterday evening, and to actually see us in 14th, how can anyone not be embarrassed and ready for a change? I keep saying it, we’re going nowhere good under Ten Hag.

He’s been given such backing and time, but he simply doesn’t deserve any more.
Thing is we will beat a truly awful Leicester team in midweek at Old Trafford and then you’ll get people on the internet with their “now hear me out…” type arguments.

I was a bit blown away by the reaction to beating Brentford 2-1. The amount of analysis etc around it. It was a nothing win & if any other PL team had done it, nobody would have taken any note