Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Think I'm done after tonight. Just going to check in on scores and wait for him to be sacked. Every time I watch I just get mad, and I don't want to have to actively cheer for a loss.

But hey shout out to every cnut that wrote a long winded dissertation on why he should be kept off the back of a single scrappy performance in a domestic cup final (that we were also lucky in). Good stuff lads, glad we punted another year after spanking 200m again

I'm feeling the same way.

Watched every single match we've had since about 06; and I just can't be arsed to care anymore.

I watched both the Brentford match and this today as I couldn't be bothered to watch all weekend and I just feel nothing anymore towards this team. There is no light at the end of the tunnel, we will be crap for at least 5 more seasons and won't challenged for PL/CL in that time. Add into the state owned clubs domination and what's the point anymore - it's all crooked. I don't watch us to win but it's not even entertainment. Better off watching lower league at this point.

What is the end goal with his style of play, how does it bring sustained success. Everything around it is about creating broken play and transitions, hoping that the other team does not take advantage of the space left and that Utd do. They miss, Utd hit, that can't bring consistency of performance.

Leave the wingers high and wide, long balls into them, everything going forward off winning the ball in dangerous areas and hitting those wide guys. Such an unsophisticated, basic ass approach.

With the games coming up he will keep picking up enough results to keep him in the job, but there is nothing there to have faith in.
Hoping that Rashford or Garnacho just rinse their fullback and then slalom through half the defense then smash it long corner like a young Ronaldo seems to be our plan, yes. There is obviously more to it but in large parts that seems to be the general idea to score goals.

What is the end goal with his style of play, how does it bring sustained success. Everything around it is about creating broken play and transitions, hoping that the other team does not take advantage of the space left and that Utd do. They miss, Utd hit, that can't bring consistency of performance.

Leave the wingers high and wide, long balls into them, everything going forward off winning the ball in dangerous areas and hitting those wide guys. Such an unsophisticated, basic ass approach.

With the games coming up he will keep picking up enough results to keep him in the job, but there is nothing there to have faith in.

This is what bothers me so much about him talking about the plan, or these people talking about players not being able to play his football etc. We're seeing the plan. We've got dangerous players out wide and creators in Bruno and Eriksen (who he stumbled across again this season weirdly enough).

All we do is try to win the ball back, knock the ball back to a CB or CM who is facing forwards, quick long ball to the winger and hope they come up with something. It's absolute shit house football with minimal thinking behind it. And it's really undone by a good plan (which most coaches have now figured out) and a few players with a bit of quality to pull out off. That's why even shit teams come up with something, as long as they've got a handful of players who have a bit of ability.

This season is basically an exercise in delayed gratification. The one high point of the season will be when this terrible, terrible manager eventually gets sacked.

No matter how long it takes that joyous day will be worth it.

I'm unreasonably angry at someone I've never met and that's not healthy. I'll just say he needs to feck off. Our attack shouldn't be this dire in his 3rd season. If you can't coach players then at least put the right players in the right positions to succeed. WTF was he trying to do by playing Mazraoui at 10? And Antony before Amad? Really? Amad actually was performing early this season. If Rashford can get continuous chances to find his form, what's wrong with Amad? EtH's stubbornness is costing us seasons instead of games at this point and I have no idea why this continues.

Are INEOS/SJR incompetent or worse has SJR conned us all that he cares and in actuality he is just like the glazers? I know that's tad out there but I'm starting to have my doubts

Him being here is just a waste of everyone’s time. The sooner he leaves the sooner we can start doing something meaningful. I’d take a caretaker to the end of the season, and then a permanent appointment in the summer. Could do worse than someone like Potter until the summer, while we interview candidates and try and line up a deal for a really top coach like Amorim or Alonso.

Ten Hag is just a fecking disaster.

Even when things were bad and dull under previous managers, the EL was often an escape, at least in the early stages, easy nights bit more fun. This is just shite no matter the competion, everything is such a slog.

Probably. Something like a tumescent 0-0.

This is it, it's full self-preservation mode now. Tonight was literally the peak of what we'll see in away games. We'll win some home games and scrape some away draws, before playing someone decent and getting hammered. It's gonna be a long season.

3 years and there’s still no discernible shape, plan, formation or tactic.
ETH didn’t get a turn it off and turn it back on again instruction when INEOS took over did he?
Did he?

Is that now our worst European record in 40 years to sit nicely alongside our back to back worst ever Premier League starts?

All for the bargain price of 600m and a record number of embarrassing defeats whilst playing shocking football and barely scoring.

It's amazing that some people still find a way to defend him.

No wonder he gets to stay when you have Scholesy saying "it's a good result" and Robinson with "United's depleted squad showed great character". The bald teflon don.

Are INEOS/SJR incompetent or worse has SJR conned us all that he cares and in actuality he is just like the glazers? I know that's tad out there but I'm starting to have my doubts

I don't think so. Jim is way too involved in day to day stuff to not care. My gut feeling reading between the lines is he wants Ten Hag gone but for whatever reason it's not happening.

Financial constraint? Glazer veto? Ashworth talking him out of it? Who knows.

I'm feeling the same way.

Watched every single match we've had since about 06; and I just can't be arsed to care anymore.

I watched both the Brentford match and this today as I couldn't be bothered to watch all weekend and I just feel nothing anymore towards this team. There is no light at the end of the tunnel, we will be crap for at least 5 more seasons and won't challenged for PL/CL in that time. Add into the state owned clubs domination and what's the point anymore - it's all crooked. I don't watch us to win but it's not even entertainment. Better off watching lower league at this point.

My only enjoyment of watching us has been the development of the young players, but he’s now frozen out Amad yet again and ran Mainoo into the ground bad enough with his tactics that he’s injured as well. Hojlund almost never gets any chances created for him. So that leaves Garnacho and if it’s a bad Garnacho game then you might as well tune out.

Is that now our worst European record in 40 years to sit nicely alongside our back to back worst ever Premier League starts?

All for the bargain price of 600m and a record number of embarrassing defeats whilst playing shocking football and barely scoring.

Because Fergie. And Arteta of course

I am so tired with this guy. I am no longer even angry. I have given up on him long ago. He is doing an awful job. He doesn't know how to use his own players.. half of the team is filled with ex ajax players and yet we cannot play one good game. Playing second fiddle to a Jose side is embarrassing. The fact we cannot hold the ball in his 3rd season is a clear indication that there is no improvement expected.

Woke with 10 mins left and look at Skysport live score commentary. Nothing surprised me anymore. Erik is a United worst manager of all time. Unable to inspire or motivate players, bad substitutions, favouritism, tactical naive. Always trying to find ways to bring Antony into the game, trying to give Zirkzee an opportunity to start, why is Erikson not playing as 10 or Zirkzee as 10 with Hoijund upfront? He is out to destroy United and Ineos is letting him. I just wonder how Ineos can accept United point tally on both tables. This is not United, how can we be so bad that we are right at the bottom half and call ourselves the biggest club in the world.

And his fecking ego around his trophies. Last season was about 5 CM from being the most humiliating season that any major club has had this generation.

When you put it all out like this, it’s frighteningly depressing. INEOS cannot just look at these games and think to themselves something good is around the corner, can they?

We are rubbish and it’s not going to get better, the idea we are going to go on a good run between now and the next international break is very far fetched.

Feels like we are in purgatory as we may not be quite bad enough for manager to get sacked in that time either.