Casemiro Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Yes, very good game from him, still can't stop himself from diving in 3/4 times a game.

Looks like he will be starting the season in better physical shape than last year, so may have more left than anticipated.

Casemiro actually looked like a Real Madrid player today. Glorified friendly or not, if Casemiro's levels improve this season our entire outlook suddenly changes. Getting back to anything like he was in his first season at United would hugely improve us.

He’s looking trim and played pretty well. Was impressed today.

Thought he was really good today. A couple of errors but far more positive moments than any other United player (admittedly he did get a full 90 mins unlike most). Involved in the super move with Amad. Also created Rashford's decent chance in the first half. Super pass over the top for Fernandes to run on to.

What I liked about him is, he wasnt just doing the maximum to get by like the odd performance where he played well last year. He just looked fitter, his passing was spot on, his awareness was sharper. He looked a leader out there. He did not look like a player who was finished. I dont think he's got 60 games a season in him, but certainly could be a major asset to us this year.

Would love it if serious Casemiro was back. Seems like he means business, should have had two assists as well.

He had a very good game today, but management must know he doesn't have the legs to be playing 45+ games a season, his minutes need to be managed to bring the best out of him - and that's OK, as long as we get another good CDM to share minutes with him.

Good game! Perhaps he has another good season left? Would make a huge difference when you look at the other options right now.

He was good today unlike the game against Liverpool where he done by the simplest of skills from Carvalho. Also was decent on the ball without unnecessarily giving it away. Hope to see todays Casemiro more.

Decent game from him, however he needs to be paired with someone who can cover for him once he lunges into tackles and gets left in the dust.

We should probably play him once a week as well. SAF was a master of squeezing the last juice of players on their last legs. He played Ferdinand once a week later in his career. Case should get the same treatment.

Would need to double check but didn't he dive in trying to close the ball down for City's goal on half way? He's experienced enough to not commit himself really and allow the break.

Good game though otherwise.

His best performance in a long time

Needs his minutes managed. Even today he tired by the end, but was his best game in ages. Needs a normal system so he can do his stuff, and we can't be over playing him otherwise he'll be that half step behind again and look past it.

We play a double pivot, and suddenly he doesnt look half the player, because there are not huge gaps beside him.

Encouraging signs.

Mostly good today (with quite a few very good moments), but there were still a few times he let City players get past him a bit too easily or gave away a pass in a dangerous spot. It's a big improvement on last season though so hopefully he can keep it up.

As I've said multiple times, I think he was made to look worse than he actually was last season due to the insane system ETH was playing. You could have had a player with the drive of Keane, the stamina of Kante and the positioning of Makelele and they wouldn't have been able to make it work. That's not to say I'm confident Casemiro will be good enough this season now we seem to have gone back to a more normal system, but there's more chance of him succeeding (or to at least be a decent squad player) than people have been making out.

Still have doubts about his defensive abilities but he looked more switched on today, some sharp forward passing here and there. Would be like a new signing if he could keep this up.

You could have had a player with the drive of Keane, the stamina of Kante and the positioning of Makelele and they wouldn't have been able to make it work
That player would have made it work!

Some fantastic passes and won the ball a lot. Not bad for someone who cant run apparently

7 tackles today

That's what happens when you don't expose the entire middle of the pitch and expect him to do a miracle.

Thought he was our best player. Was good to see some of those passes too, which he delivered in the first season

Was excellent in the first 75 minutes but started looking very leggy especially in the final 10 minutes. I'd be delighted if he keeps up this level of performances when everyone's match-fit. We can always sub in Collyer as a contingency.

One thing about Casemiro is he’s a fighter. Didn’t look up for it last season - out of shape, disinterested, finished. He’s clearly taken stock of the situation, got himself looking trimmer than I’ve seen him in a long time and he hasn’t taken the easy money of Saudi (if it was ever on the table). If he keeps this mentality and we actually protect him a bit and not leave him massively exposed then he could have a season like his first year.

Was excellent in the first 75 minutes but started looking very leggy especially in the final 10 minutes. I'd be delighted if he keeps up this level of performances when everyone's match-fit. We can always sub in Collyer as a contingency.
He should be a rotation option so that we keep Casemiro fresh especially if we don't manage to agree a deal for Ugarte. With Eriksen still around we have a variety of options to pair Collyer with, we could use him, Eriksen and Mount as our Europa group stages midfield. A couple of appearances there and another in the League Cup should give us enough to know whether he can be in PL rotation.

I thought he some poor moments in the early stages, but then we looked pretty poor over all in our performance as team at that point. He certainly grew in the game and was certainly far more involved, should've had an assist for Marcus' first miss too.

Encouraging match that is certain.

He always takes few games to get going and full preseason probably will give him enough game time to be ready for the start of the season and also helps when your manager stops playing basketball and plays a functioning midfield. Saying that we need to add another quality midfielder to the group.

I thought he some poor moments in the early stages, but then we looked pretty poor over all in our performance as team at that point. He certainly grew in the game and was certainly far more involved, should've had an assist for Marcus' first miss too.

Encouraging match that is certain.

Like Bruno he will give the ball away at times. But at other times he was key to getting the ball forward quickly with a cutting edge that got us into dangerous positions. Its give and take, he likes to risk losing the ball to play a dangerous pass

Some fantastic passes and won the ball a lot. Not bad for someone who cant run apparently

7 tackles today
I've still yet to see him sprint in well over a year. There was a point near the end of the game today where he got dribbled past and basically went off-camera whilst City attacked and Bruno ran past Casemiro to cover the space vacated by him.

Nevertheless, solid performance today. Some very good passing.

Was like our most creative player today. Should have got a couple of assist. Rashfords poor finishing.

We play a double pivot, and suddenly he doesnt look half the player, because there are not huge gaps beside him.

Encouraging signs.

I argued it last season and again a few weeks ago, you could have stuck prime Keane or Vieira in our midfield last season and they’d have looked utterly shite.
Our midfielders were asked to do the impossible, pressing attackers, defenders dropping deep, was completely nuts.

He actually did two jobs today, break play, and the two chances that came to Amad when he tried to square it to Mount, and the Rashford one where he missed the goal, he was involved in both moves, unlike Mainoo. Overall, happy with him today, but we need Ugarte. If Casemiro gets suspended or injured, it's back to McTominay.