Casemiro Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
A 32 year old brazilian on a 350k/w contract untill 2026.

We can tell him hes free to go but we are still gonna have to pay him. No ones gonna do it for us.
What has his nationality got to do with it?!

I don’t think he was great but the midfield set up was suicidal. No-ones thriving in that.

where'er saudi clubs?
they have no problem buying washed up Chelsea, liverpool players but buying United players is where they cross the line?
I think our asking price has gazumped up. People keep saying they bought a washed up Fabinho for xyz and that's why they're not coughing up the big money, they've learnt from their mistakes.

He currently plays like when you teach your younger brother that the square button is for tackles on FIFA and now all he does is spam the tackle button any time he’s in any sort of defensive danger.

I don’t think he was great but the midfield set up was suicidal. No-ones thriving in that.
Groundhog Day? Could’ve used this post every game last season apart from the last 3 games of the season.

The fact that we haven't prioritised a new midfielder is very worrying

Casemiro doesn't even look like he wants to be a holding midfielder anymore. His tackling is really poor and he's looked completely disinterested in running back to cut passing lanes in the highlights of these friendlies. He's quickly becoming the biggest problem in our starting eleven.

Casemiro doesn't even look like he wants to be a holding midfielder anymore. His tackling is really poor and he's looked completely disinterested in running back to cut passing lanes in the highlights of these friendlies. He's quickly becoming the biggest problem in our starting eleven.
Whether he's sold or not, I don't see him being in our starting 11 by the end of the window. I think we'll shift McT, AWB and Lindelof with the two Bayern lads and Ugarte coming in.

Whether he's sold or not, I don't see him being in our starting 11 by the end of the window. I think we'll shift McT, AWB and Lindelof with the two Bayern lads and Ugarte coming in.
Fair enough, although you could probably extend it from starting eleven to squad. Keeping a player of diminishing quality on Casemiro's wages is pointless as a squad player as well.

The fact that we haven't prioritised a new midfielder is very worrying
Think we need to shift Casemiro before we bring in another one which is the tricky part.

I still think it is about setup. Our midfield is wide open. Even prime Casemiro would struggle in this setup.

Following matic career with us nicely. Were gonna have more disappointing months than good months from his utd career after the high fee. Shame
At least Matic was not on 350K/week. And left once we admitted we didn't want him, without any drama

Casemiro is not moveable because he wont take a paycut and Saudis pulled out. Nobody wants him on anywhere his salary, and nobody should, so we are fecked, really

I still think it is about setup. Our midfield is wide open. Even prime Casemiro would struggle in this setup.

It is about setup but not where the set up needs to change. There are players who would be more comfortable playing the role Casemiro is being asked to play in this system, that is comfortable taking the ball in tight spaces, able to pass quickly (don't need to have an expansive passing range) and the energy to put out fires across the pitch. Even Amrabat did it well in the FA cup final. Ugarte looks like he can play the role with his strength being a bit more on the defensive side and De Jong has played it well who is more on the technical side, but two examples of two different types of players who I think could play that role. We can change the whole system to support Casemiro or we can replace Casemiro with someone with the above attributes.

We are fcuked if hes our starting midfielder. Its how lazy he is which drives me crazy.

Following matic career with us nicely. Were gonna have more disappointing months than good months from his utd career after the high fee. Shame
It was considered crazy to say that in his first season.

I also take Matic's time with United over Casemiro's. I don't expect the latter to have any good months in his remaining time at the club; maybe some good games in the EL.

People keep saying this about a few players but PSR makes it difficult
We are in trouble and the blunders by Arnold, Murtough and Ten Hag will be with us for years to come. We are talking about players we are still paying for in Sancho, Antony and Casemiro that contribute absolutely nothing to our ambitions on the pitch.

He’s a weird case. Never seen a 32yrs old footballer struggle to move so badly who’s quite a professional and with a good injury record. He’s just 32 ffs, what’s wrong with him and his body?
People need to stop deluding themselves that players are still going to be elite in their 30s just because "modern science".

Look at Matic. RVP. Rooney. Now Casemiro. Look at how Fabinho went from champions league final to being shipped off to Saudi league within the space of 12 months. Players can drop off a cliff at any moment when they're hitting 30 and that needs to be taken into account when building a squad.

It still makes me laugh that anyone who suggested this signing was a bad idea when it happened was shouted down on here. "How can spending 70m on a world class player ever go wrong?"

Even the players who are still playing at a good level in their 30s tend to be a shadow of the player they were in their actual prime. Fans tend to patronise older players and start rating them as "he's good for his age".

Ten Hag will not last long under INEOS if we have Casemiro in the starting 11 in September. He looks hopeless and a damager to himself the way he charges into everything.

The fact that Erik keeps handing him the armband is tragic. We should be actively forcing him out of the club & making jt very clear he is not part of our plans this season. Instead he’s captaining the team throughout pre-season. Absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think he's washed up. Just not suited to the role he's asked to play.

When people talk about speed they only think about top speed over a medium-longer distance. Speed also encapsulates acceleration, reflexes, reaction time and speed of execution with the ball.

His body cannot react quick enough to a loose ball in midfield, or a change of direction of the opponent.

Every time he receives and passes the ball now it's rushed because to turn and play a pass takes him longer than it used to. Which is why his passing is now more sloppy than ever. Every pass he makes is under pressure because it takes him so long to get set and execute the pass.

Casa’s is a problem in and out of possession.

His lack of mobility or technique on the ball means he isn’t a first, second or third option in our build up phase. We’re forced to go wide (fullbacks) or play low percentage balls forward when trapped. It’s even more glaring we come up against half decent teams. They almost always have 3 options that can show comfortably in the first phase. Makes pressing risky.

Out of possession he’s getting worse. A half second slow to close, less accurate with the tackle and too quick to slide in (Reminds me of when I started playing FIFA. The slide tackle was an easy option because I hadn’t perfected defending). If he’s lucky enough to disrupt play the ball recovery and recycling always rushed and reckless. Leads to so many sub optimal plays.

Watching him play yesterday, the stat that kept popping into my mind is that Ugarte has had 91%+ pass completion in each of his last three league seasons.

Ugarte is far from perfect, and Casemiro sometimes plays some nices long passes that Ugarte wouldn't. But even still, there's a lot to be said for a midfielder consistently passing the ball to an actual teammate.

And that's without even getting into the off the ball stuff. Right now upgrading Casemiro is the single biggest improvement we could make to our starting eleven.

In the two years he’s been here I can’t think of another DM or CM for us that has been embarrassed as much as Casemiro. He gets mugged off so many times and it’s usually due to him overcommitting. It’s the clearest sign his legs have gone.

This was one of his very first games and it’s been the same nearly every game apart from his 3-4 month stretch of form in his first season.

I don't think he's washed up. Just not suited to the role he's asked to play.
He is. If you watched the first goal Liverpool scored you wouldn't be saying this.
In the two years he’s been here I can’t think of another DM or CM for us that has been embarrassed as much as Casemiro. He gets mugged off so many times and it’s usually due to him overcommitting. It’s the clearest sign his legs have gone.

This was one of his very first games and it’s been the same nearly every game apart from his 3-4 month stretch of form in his first season.

We don't even need to go that far as that was atleast a bit of good skill. He got beaten by a fairly normal skill by Carvalho for the first goal. That was very amateurish and not representative of a guy who's been hailed as the best DM in the world for many years. He really is done. We should be looking to sell him.

Not to mention him needlessly giving the ball even under no pressure. That first 10mins after the 2nd half started, he did my head in as he gave away the ball 4/5 times under no pressure at all. He hits some lovely over the top passes for our attackers sometimes but him being so careless in possession is a massive concern. Ofcourse we then have this massive space in the middle as we have to immediately transition from attack to defence because our DM can't keep the ball.

To be fair I think even Ten Hag had realised he was finished by the end of last season.

Sadly the transfer window has gone exactly as I thought watching him last season and not even the Saudis want him, so we're stuck with him taking up the wages of two useful players.

If we’re looking to clear out a midfielder to make room for a new DM and aren’t bothered about what we get for them (as you seem to be implying), then surely it’s Casemiro we should be getting rid of, not McTominay?
You get rid of both. I was making the point about McTominay because it seems like we are groveling over a few million when it’s clear that we have to sell anyone before bringing someone in

We are doomed with him. He is so past it and we have another shitty season if we play him. He is so gone, it hurts to watch him play, especially now that he does not even try anymore

Charity Shield New
He was fantastic today. The difference someone that good in his position makes. Hope he's turned a corner. He's only 32 or something. He doesnt look as finished as he did last year.

He was fantastic today. The difference someone that good in his position makes. Hope he's turned a corner. He's only 32 or something. He doesnt look as finished as he did last year.
Looks to be in pretty decent physical shape too which is encouraging

MOTM for me. Fantastic going forward and miles better in defence as well with some fantastic blocks.

Played well today. I think he's got another season in those legs and he seems motivated. Let's see.