Casemiro Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I saw some comments in the match day thread slagging him off and I was really confused.
I thought he was really good, didn’t put a foot wrong.

Very happy with him especially in the first half he was really good.

Thought he was MoM over the course of the game. Some bad moments but generally played really well.

Never gonna work in that kamikaze shape last year… and probs won’t in anything but a compact midfield

But when the shape suits him, you can still see the quality is there.

Very good performance, made sure to win most of his challenges and some very nice passes to put teammates into chances. Main thing I would say detracted from his performance was not his legs. It was that he couldnt get his shots on target which was poor.

Looked more like the 22/23 version of Casemiro there tonight. Ugarte could be Mainoo replacement in the short term rather than Casemiro replacement. I’m still not sure himself and Mainoo work together, lack of legs.

Good performance, lovely to see. Just sign Ugarte so that we can use Casemiro sparingly.

I actually don’t like him occupying the ball and spaces so high up the pitch. Occasionally it comes off — the pass to Fernandes in the first half — but otherwise it should be left for the players who excel in those areas.

ugarte isn't exactly the best player on the ball either.

Doesn't have to be a Carrick but from his stats and his performances he seems a more safer passer and is definitely better than Casemiro in terms of receiving and playing the ball in tight spaces which is what I think this team needs more than a great passer.

I actually don’t like him occupying the ball and spaces so high up the pitch. Occasionally it comes off — the pass to Fernandes in the first half — but otherwise it should be left for the players who excel in those areas.

Yeah he very often gets in the way or gives the ball away and then doesn't have the legs to get back.

All over the pitch today, constantly involved and looked like the 22/23 version. If he can stay available and play like this, its a huge boost to our top 4 chances this season. The commentator on my stream was basically saying early in the first half that teams with top 4 aspirations need to have someone better than Casemiro :lol:

Looks like he's got a point to prove!

Dropped from the FA cup final and Copa America seems to have given him a kick up the ass. He's come back way leaner than at the start of last season and looks to be concentrating more, especially his passing.

It will be interesting to see what happens if we do end up getting Ugarte in.

The way people try to downplay his performance. Was hands down our best player alongside Maguire and Mazraoui

Thought he was poor unless he was close to their box, a lot of poor passes in the middle, and frankly he isn't the DM in this formation, he is so far up most of the game Mainoo is more of the DM.

Casemiro was fantastic tonight. He may not have the legs to go 50 games but he's got the legs to compete in the PL.

Had the summer off and looked it. Involved everywhere. Still had some misplaced passes and getting caught diving in but you'd take that considering where we were last season with him in that dreadful midfield set up.

Still a bit hit and miss for me. He was a bit off at the very beginning and looked absolutely spent near the end... but his passing was absolutely on point tonight and he created a lot of chances. I'm still not sold on him as a starter for the season but he definitely looks way better in a double pivot.

Looks leaner and fitter. Very important to keep him fresh and going if we are to have any success this season

In centre of everything, perhaps he should scream at his mates from time to time. He's one of the experienced ones.

Yeah just don't play him all season as a 1 man midfield against 2 or 3. He didn't become crap overnight.

Definitely giving Ten Hag a fresh start as it would be pretty miserable not to and he seems to have realised how crazy he was at times but yeah Casemiro got dealt a pretty raw deal. We still need another midfielder but he will be valuable.

Looked sharp. Hope it continues, especially if Ugarte doesn't happen.

What happened to him all of a sudden? He's been very good and long may it continue.
Any time a player has a few bad months after the age of 30, all fans rush to call them past it but there's no real reason why a 32 year old defensive midfielder couldn't still be world class. Kroos was a few years older than that last season.

Really looked excellent today. He was involved all over the pitch and trying to make things happen. Felt that he was toast towards the end of the game, but all in all happy to have him back to his best.

Was pretty good. His fitness is still not there but looks more determined.